MXQ PRO+ Firmware Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi every one!

It takes me some time to finish reading all the replies.

Last week I forwarded some bugs to the manufacturer. They made some responses.

The bugs I forwarded is listed as belowalso, imaddiced2u sent me these questions)

Bug1- Error messages about app crashes appearing when starting
    Bug 2- Still no top or bottom toolbars!!
    Bug 3- Very awkward default user interface.
    Bug 4- Google Play crashes when trying to search for something (while typeing the query).
    Bug 5- I can access my previously installed apps (from other devices) through Google play without it crashing, but when I try to install the ones of interest, I receive an error message stating that the application is not compatible, e.g. Netflix.
    Bug 6- There was no sound in Kodi or in Chrome. The only sound I heard was half of a notification sound for a new mail coming in. When opening the mail app I receive a warning message that Google Play services are not compatible with the device.

The following are their answers:
    1 under testing
    2 They did it on purpose because they think it facilitates the remote control.
    3 They did it on purpose because they think it facilitates the remote control.
    4 under testing
    5 It does exist and it can be solved by upgrading with the next version firmware.
    6 under testing

All the questions above arise because Google closed the certification of OTT GMS. The manufacturer has to optimize the APPs and try to solve it out.
    Hopefully, They promise they can soon provide the APPs that can work.
    They also apologize for all the troubles.

Personally, I feel sorry for it too.

Gearbest TV Box & Mini PC Page

#2 Flash Deals Flash Deals
    #3Coupons Coupons, Coupons and More Coupons

Comment

Originally posted by gearbest View Post
      Hi every one!

The bugs I forwarded is listed as belowalso, imaddiced2u sent me these questions)

Bug 4- Google Play crashes when trying to search for something (while typeing the query).
      Bug 5- I can access my previously installed apps (from other devices) through Google play without it crashing, but when I try to install the ones of interest, I receive an error message stating that the application is not compatible, e.g. Netflix.
      Bug 6- There was no sound in Kodi or in Chrome. The only sound I heard was half of a notification sound for a new mail coming in. When opening the mail app I receive a warning message that Google Play services are not compatible with the device.

1 under testing
      4 under testing
      5 It does exist and it can be solved by upgrading with the next version firmware.
      6 under testing

All the questions above arise because Google closed the certification of OTT GMS. The manufacturer has to optimize the APPs and try to solve it out.

Ok gearbest, as I can read you ignored my request about wrong HDMI out AT ALL. THANK YOU.

You should provide me with a return method with NO COST for me AT ALL, or I will consider you swindled me when selling this product.

As you can see, scooter2014, there is no answer to my request, I was ABSOLUTELY IGNORED. I don't know who is Mr. Lin, but I FEEL ABSOLUTELY SWINDLED by GEARBEST.
      Last edited by asmartin; 06-06-2016, 15:27.

Comment

gearbest thanks for trying your best and for getting the manufacturer to try harder but I have to say that for Gearbest to keep restarting the MXQ Pro+ flash sale, over and over, knowing the problems they are sending to customers just seems wrong to me. Blaming the manufacturer is one thing but the suppliers who facilitate the sale of faulty products should bear most of the responsibility.
        HK1 Pro Plus
        FlowFon F1
        H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
        MXQ Pro+
        R-TVBOX Mini+
        MK809III

Comment

I finally got the TWRP version of the sd-robots firmware flashed and running on my MXQ Pro+ box. I got lots of help from Kamacnik1, kokovi4 and others yesterday and figured out the process for flashing with TWRP. I can say this, the rom has everything I was looking for, including stability, speed, the bottom bar, etc. The trash firmware that this box was shipped with was awful, but sd-robots resolves it for me. I'm not sure about the wifi, as I am connected via ethernet. Apparently the second edition of the rom fixes wifi. I'm not sure if this is first or second. By the way, my box did not come with a reset switch inside the av plu. This is why I had to use TWRP - which I would rather use anyways.
          I have attached a flashing tutorial for how I got sd-robots installed. Hopefully its ok to post and it helps others. Thanks to speedy611 for his great posts and thanks to all.
          Attached Files
          I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
          Ron White

Comment

Yes i agree. But at least we have a avenue with manufacture through Lin unlike the other 10 suppliers out there selling them. 😁 At least they responded to him. I still havent got a return email from manufacture.
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by asmartin View Post

Ok Guest, as I can read you ignored my request about wrong HDMI out AT ALL. THANK YOU.

You should provide me with a return method with NO COST for me AT ALL, or I will consider you swindled me when selling this product.

As you can see, Guest, there is no answer to my request, I was ABSOLUTELY IGNORED. I don't know who is Mr. Lin, but I FEEL ABSOLUTELY SWINDLED by GEARBEST.
              Lin sounds like hardware issue for his device. I think you should provide a solution.

Regards
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                Yes i agree. But at least we have a avenue with manufacture through Lin unlike the other 10 suppliers out there selling them. 😁 At least they responded to him. I still havent got a return email from manufacture.
                Before the MXQ Pro+ was released to market I was able to communicate quite freely with the manufacturer rep via email, as soon as the reviews reported problems, all comms stopped. Yes, gearbest Rep Lin gets an A for effort. It seems like the other suppliers have given up.
                HK1 Pro Plus
                FlowFon F1
                H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                MXQ Pro+
                R-TVBOX Mini+
                MK809III

Comment

Originally posted by Doggyofone View Post
                  I finally got the TWRP version of the sd-robots firmware flashed and running on my MXQ Pro+ box. I got lots of help from Kamacnik1, kokovi4 and others yesterday and figured out the process for flashing with TWRP. I can say this, the rom has everything I was looking for, including stability, speed, the bottom bar, etc. The trash firmware that this box was shipped with was awful, but sd-robots resolves it for me. I'm not sure about the wifi, as I am connected via ethernet. Apparently the second edition of the rom fixes wifi. I'm not sure if this is first or second. By the way, my box did not come with a reset switch inside the av plu. This is why I had to use TWRP - which I would rather use anyways.
                  I have attached a flashing tutorial for how I got sd-robots installed. Hopefully its ok to post and it helps others. Thanks to speedy611 for his great posts and thanks to all.

about wi-fi on SD-Robot Rom
                  on so called second edition wifi work without problems

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post

Lin sounds like hardware issue for his device. I think you should provide a solution.

Regards

Thanks a lot for your help, scooter2014 .

It's a firmware issue, already solved by Minix and their U1, or Tronsmart S95 Vega. Both had same problem and they solved as a FIRMWARE BUG. But if Gearbest ignore me and hva no interest solving my problem (my box is currently unuseful) then only option is to return it to my provider, that is Gearbest not the manufacturer.

I need a solution and I need it now.

Best regards,
                    Alex

Comment

You wont get Now... This unsupported device try the rom being posted in other thread may solve. But will be a long time even if fix come from manufacture.

Comment

Originally posted by gearbest View Post
                        Hi every one!

1 under testing
                        4 under testing
                        6 under testing

Gearbest please notify manufacturer about pink screen problems. Its firmware problem and all other manufacturers already solved the problem with "force RGB" in Settings under display.
                        Without solution is this box useless.

Comment

Originally posted by depi View Post

Gearbest please notify manufacturer about pink screen problems. Its firmware problem and all other manufacturers already solved the problem with "force RGB" in Settings under display.
                          Without solution is this box useless.
                          Hi depi ,

I already requested to gearbest for solving this problem, but seems he/she ignored me ABSOLUTELY.

Comment

Originally posted by asmartin View Post
                            Hi depi ,

I already requested to gearbest for solving this problem, but seems he/she ignored me ABSOLUTELY.
                            I tried today openelec boot from sd card for tronsmart but the pink screen problem is still there.

Comment

depi A workaround until it get resolved.
                              Once booted and pink screen, on your AVR or TV, switch to a different input and then switch back. I don't mean physically switch the cable, I mean select from your AVR's or TV's input selector control(remote or panel controls).

I know it is not a practical solution, I hope the manufacturer resolves it proper.
                              Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                                depi A workaround until it get resolved.
                                Once booted and pink screen, on your AVR or TV, switch to a different input and then switch back. I don't mean physically switch the cable, I mean select from your AVR's or TV's input selector control(remote or panel controls).

I know it is not a practical solution, I hope the manufacturer resolves it proper.
                                Good luck.
                                Yes i know about this solution, but its not practical

Comment

Working...
                                X