Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthony96 View Post
    Hey Guys,

New firmware out rk3229_6.0_MX4N_SSV6051p_zhongx_20170616_v017_Spec tek, here's the link https://yadi.sk/d/veU_J9Td3LjxFR .
    So anyone that uses this version? is playstore ok with this version or it is te same as older 6.0 versions? Netflix works ok?

Comment

Here is another new ROM, May 2017 build MV2, apparently dumped from a brand new box.

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Comment

Just finished a new 6.01 Marshmallow-based Android TV ROM / IMG for the V88 1GB/8GB, SV6051 (not Realtek) version.

Android TV ROM for V88 & MA8-4K 1GB/8GB 6.0.1_MXC89L
        by PaulieP

V88_MA8-4K_ATV_rk3229_SV6051_6.0.1_MXC89L_20170405.IMG

This will flash fine on SV6051 equipped V88's. And also the MA8-4K boxes which are a smaller clone.

Flash the way you like, but preferably using RK AndroidTool, and hit the EraseFlash button first before starting just to make sure. Takes a long time for first boot after flash, maybe 5-8 minutes.

Features:
        Live Channels works (will error initially, once you add Pluto TV or anything else with live channels, on next reset it works as it should)
        Latest Play Store for ATV, latest Google Play Services for ATV (836), latest Google for ATV/Katniss app, and latest Leanback Launcher (1.10.x)
        Nearly all major bloatware stripped out, might still be a bit here or there
        Remote and Wi-Fi working
        Rooted and SuperSU in place
        HDMI Bitstream out (haven't tested 100%)
        TV App Repo preinstalled
        Backdrop for Daydream (should work but havent tested)
        Build.prop properly edited with TV configuration settings
        Build.prop edited to spoof the Nexus Player (fugu)
        Includes Play Store, CM File Explorer, Hide Statusbar, Youtube 1.3.X Leanback (2.x is buggy)
        Log in to Play Store works great. Havent tested downloads/updates so if it doesnt work, tell me how to fix it since I've no clue.

Based on rk3229_6.0_box_MX4N_SSV6051p_SpecTek_flash-update_20170405.img, OpenGapps TVStock, and Manu Manu's original V88 ATV ROM posted here at Freaktab.
        Build.prop will report a later build but yes, the codebase within is actually 20170405.

This is fairly stripped down. Add apps as you like. Just meant to be something clean and working.

What's not there:
        Voice Recorder (and I don't think Voice Search works properly)
        Chromecast/AndroidMediaShell (will never work on this hardware)
        Android TV Remote (couldnt get it to not throw errors)
        Probably DRM isnt fixed for proper ATV/Leanback Netflix (and long term Netflix is determined to break it on all rooted and unofficial devices anyway)
        Second Screen Setup (meh, let's save space and memory instead)
        Bluetooth bits (the box doesnt have BT anyway)
        A bunch of preinstalled stuff and legacy apps

DOWNLOAD HERE:
        https://mega.nz/#!sHBVUCCB!OGsrDKbVi...DKsr6CTsV2le98

Edited: Link Fixed, and build updated to remove app uninstall error.

I take no responsibility if it doesnt work, you dont like it, your house catches fire, etc.

To Do:

Nothing I'm done messing with it. However if someone wants to use it as a template to fix/add what I couldnt, or create something with a newer/faster base from the two newer ROMs out there (below), feel free.
        https://yadi.sk/d/veU_J9Td3LjxFR - rk3229_6.0_MX4N_SSV6051p_zhongx_20170616_v017_Spec tek
        https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...3pwTEVvUlIzWDA - MV2.20170524

Good luck
        Last edited by PaulieP; 08-18-2017, 08:58.

Comment

Hi Pauliep, What is the key for https://mega.nz/#!JHAVnRoQ
          Cheers
          Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kevin1341 View Post
            Hi Pauliep, What is the key for https://mega.nz/#!JHAVnRoQ
            Cheers
            Kevin
            Sorry, first time using Mega, I thought I pasted the link that doesnt need a key. Fixing link in post now. Try this:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Cheers Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Kempes View Post

So anyone that uses this version? is playstore ok with this version or it is te same as older 6.0 versions? Netflix works ok?
                I have installed this firmware the specktek 2017-06-06 version on my v88 3229 processor and i think it is verry fast it is rooted. google play works fine .netflix work fine but cannot be updated to latest version, no chipset suport. Resolution is the same 720p upscaled to 1080 but that can be canged with nomone resolution changer just write 1920x1080 and 240ppi so that it fils the screen just checkit on youtube. As for overclocking , the only change is to set it to performance , the kernel does not have any scheduler. Maximum speed is 1430 mhz.

Comment

Please I need original firmware for my V88 Android box. I have tried several firmware and always show firmware update error written in red color. Mx4n-v03
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by bisiking View Post
                    Please I need original firmware for my V88 Android box. I have tried several firmware and always show firmware update error written in red color. Mx4n-v03
                    use the Spectek ROM links posted in above messages

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieP View Post

Thank you sir. Please link to download RK Android tool

Comment

Originally posted by bisiking View Post

Thank you sir. Please link to download RK Android tool
                        Here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h98fuo2ddvy1xhg/AndroidTool_Release_v2.33.zip?dl=0

It also includes the driver that would need to install on your PC.
                        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Just finished a new 6.01 Marshmallow-based Android TV ROM / IMG for the V88 1GB/8GB, SV6051 (not Realtek) version.

Android TV ROM for V88 & MA8-4K 1GB/8GB 6.0.1_MXC89L
                          by PaulieP

V88_MA8-4K_ATV_rk3229_SV6051_6.0.1_MXC89L_20170405.IMG

This will flash fine on SV6051 equipped V88's. And also the MA8-4K boxes which are a smaller clone.

Flash the way you like, but preferably using RK AndroidTool, and hit the EraseFlash button first before starting just to make sure. Takes a long time for first boot after flash, maybe 5-8 minutes.

Features:
                          Live Channels works (will error initially, once you add Pluto TV or anything else with live channels, on next reset it works as it should)
                          Latest Play Store for ATV, latest Google Play Services for ATV (836), latest Google for ATV/Katniss app, and latest Leanback Launcher (1.10.x)
                          Nearly all major bloatware stripped out, might still be a bit here or there
                          Remote and Wi-Fi working
                          Rooted and SuperSU in place
                          HDMI Bitstream out (haven't tested 100%)
                          TV App Repo preinstalled
                          Backdrop for Daydream (should work but havent tested)
                          Build.prop properly edited with TV configuration settings
                          Build.prop edited to spoof the Nexus Player (fugu)
                          Includes Play Store, CM File Explorer, Hide Statusbar, Youtube 1.3.X Leanback (2.x is buggy)
                          Log in to Play Store works great. Havent tested downloads/updates so if it doesnt work, tell me how to fix it since I've no clue.

Based on rk3229_6.0_box_MX4N_SSV6051p_SpecTek_flash-update_20170405.img, OpenGapps TVStock, and Manu Manu's original V88 ATV ROM posted here at Freaktab.
                          Build.prop will report a later build but yes, the codebase within is actually 20170405.

This is fairly stripped down. Add apps as you like. Just meant to be something clean and working.

What's not there:
                          Voice Recorder (and I don't think Voice Search works properly)
                          Chromecast/AndroidMediaShell (will never work on this hardware)
                          Android TV Remote (couldnt get it to not throw errors)
                          Probably DRM isnt fixed for proper ATV/Leanback Netflix (and long term Netflix is determined to break it on all rooted and unofficial devices anyway)
                          Second Screen Setup (meh, let's save space and memory instead)
                          Bluetooth bits (the box doesnt have BT anyway)
                          A bunch of preinstalled stuff and legacy apps

DOWNLOAD HERE:
                          https://mega.nz/#!sHBVUCCB!OGsrDKbVi...DKsr6CTsV2le98

Edited: Link Fixed, and build updated to remove app uninstall error.

I take no responsibility if it doesnt work, you dont like it, your house catches fire, etc.

To Do:

Nothing I'm done messing with it. However if someone wants to use it as a template to fix/add what I couldnt, or create something with a newer/faster base from the two newer ROMs out there (below), feel free.
                          https://yadi.sk/d/veU_J9Td3LjxFR - rk3229_6.0_MX4N_SSV6051p_zhongx_20170616_v017_Spec tek
                          https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...3pwTEVvUlIzWDA - MV2.20170524

Good luck
                          Installed here, running good and very stable but play store do not install and update anything. Rebooted and cleared cache didn't worked.
                          Last edited by gefattern; 08-22-2017, 19:40.

Comment

Originally posted by rcp View Post

Installed here, running good and very stable but play store do not install and update anything. Rebooted and cleared cache didn't worked.
                            it looks like all 6.x versions of android for this box are having same problem

Comment

Thanks so much my box is back to life. I really appreciate your support 

Comment

Originally posted by rcp View Post

Yes, I'm not sure how to fix it, seems to be the #1 problem with people trying to either make ATV roms or mod their current install to the leanback experience, I tried to ask in other threads how to fix this problem (since apparently it's fixable) but nobody seems to want to answer how this can be fixed. Not sure if it is in build.prop, missing permission or DRM, or what it might be.

The only two things I really want to fix are Play access and the voice search.

Comment

Working...
                                X