Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEXTBOOK PREMIUM 7se ROOT?? (FOR 2013 MODELS??)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i try to find the uimage file it only shows on my pc when i plug my phone in to move the files over to my sd card then put sd card in my tablet and go thru recovery, but when recovery comes up it only shows the kyser_root.zip, ive added the folder i unzipped to the root of the sd card for the kyser_root as well
    Pantera

[Revolution is my name]

Comment

Originally posted by thedeadman21 View Post
      idk if this matters but since i cannot access any of the settings but the recovery on my nextbook i put the uimage and kyser on the root of my sd card, idk if there is away thru the recovery to add the programs to the internal storage of the tablet?
      No... won't work on the internal storage... has to be on an external removable SD card.
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

does it matter that i put the zip and the unzipped file of the kyser_root on the root of the sd card?
        Pantera

[Revolution is my name]

Comment

does it matter that i put the zip and the unzipped file of the kyser_root on the root of the sd card?
          You have to extract the uImage_recovery file from the recovery zip.

It shouldn't matter that the both the zipped and unzipped version of the kyser_root.zip exist, however, just opening a .zip file is enough to break the file signature.

Download the kyser_root.zip again, don't open, just move the entire kyser_root.zip to the external sd card, turn off the tablet, hold volume- and power until it boots to recovery, then try installing the kyser_root.zip again.

If it still doesn't work, something is preventing you from booting in the modified recovery... unfortunately the stock recovery and the modified recovery look exactly the same. The only difference is that the stock one checks for Nextbook's private signature while the modified one checks for Google's public signature.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

i rezipped the uimage to my root of sd, removed prior files from my pc and sd card, now waiting to move the entire zip of the kyser root file and wont open or touch it but will move it directly to the root direct of the sd card
            Pantera

[Revolution is my name]

Comment

i rezipped the uimage to my root of sd, removed prior files from my pc and sd card, now waiting to move the entire zip of the kyser root file and wont open or touch it but will move it directly to the root direct of the sd card
              the uImage_recovery is fine... it needs to be removed from .zip

the other .zip files can't be opened.

In your case, you'll probably want to install the ROM first then the kyser_root.

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

hell yeah it fixed this time, the stock rom actually booted this time, ty shaunmt, u rock
                Pantera

[Revolution is my name]

Comment

hell yeah it fixed this time, the stock rom actually booted this time, ty shaunmt, u rock
                  Glad you finally got it...

Verify everything works... some of these tablets have different hardware parts in them and require different drivers...

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

the only thing not working is the wi-fi, cant figure out how to fix it? everything else is working great but the tablet now will not pickup any wi-fi period, it a oct 23rd 2012 tablet, heard there were issues with wi-fi anyway to fix that?
                    Last edited by thedeadman21; 03-23-2014, 04:11.
                    Pantera

[Revolution is my name]

Comment

the only thing not working is the wi-fi, cant figure out how to fix it? everything else is working great but the tablet now will not pickup any wi-fi period, it a oct 23rd 2012 tablet, heard there were issues with wi-fi anyway to fix that?
                      Does the wifi even turn on? You might have the older version with a different wifi chip. Getting new ROMs out for the different wifi chips in this model is next on my todo list.
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

no sorry it doesnt pickup any type of wi-fi, have even tried other apps to try and correct the wi-fi picking up, they do not work, this i believe happened when i used the modded stock firmware, im not in a huge hurry to fix it and anything u need of my tablet ill be more then happy to give.
                        Pantera

[Revolution is my name]

Comment

no sorry it doesnt pickup any type of wi-fi, have even tried other apps to try and correct the wi-fi picking up, they do not work, this i believe happened when i used the modded stock firmware, im not in a huge hurry to fix it and anything u need of my tablet ill be more then happy to give.
                          If the wifi doesn't turn on... you've probably got the wrong ROM and will need one of the next ones that I'm working on.

If the wifi turns on, but just won't connect, then something else is wrong.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                          X