Name:	hs.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	639456
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

The Antutu score is awesome, is it because rk3399 reach higher? some box with RTD1295 can get only about 40000.

Comment

@Johndoff.
        You wouldn't be so much impressed if you had compared RK3399 to RK3288. RTD1295 is similar to RK3368.
        My RK3288 device can do about 63000 points in Antutu 6.2.7. That's why RK3399 TV Box especially with current price (144$+) aren't interesting for me.
        RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
        Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
        bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Yes, I have not owned a rk3288 device, but what I found is the the rk3288 device also with about 40000 and even lower, could you tell me what is your device model, or release time?
          Last edited by Johndoff; 04-07-2017, 10:29.

Comment

@Johndoff.
            My current hardware is as in my post signature:
            Beelink R89 v3.0 2/16GB with Wasser's 4.0.11 ROM; OC'ed CPU: 1920MHz @ 1.425V, GPU: 600MHz @ 1.25V, RAM: 792 MHz @ 1.2V
            It was released more than two years ago (mid 2015).

40000 Antutu points for RK3288 SoC that was in KitKat times with Antutu 5.x version. What's more most of the ROM's had kernel which limited CPU frequency to 1.6GHz even when reporting 1.8GHz or even 2GHz. Not fair.
            Some of cheaper devices have poor RAM modules which can bearly work with 533Mhz (1066MHz DDR) memory clock. Mine don't have that problem and I can set memory to higher specs than RockChip even recommend for RK3288 SoC: 800MHz = 1600MHz DDR. Which is similar to what RK3399 is capable.

You can check more recent tests of RK3288 SoC with Antutu there: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rk3288-devices/beelink-3288-devices/609188-wasser-marshmallow-rom-sdcard-version-r89-2g-16g?p=609599#post609599
            Last edited by Gormar; 04-07-2017, 18:00. Reason: Do not resent on anything
            RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
            Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
              60mm I recall.
              Extra Thermal Pad I installed between it and lid does the job
              Does the YUNDOO Y8 support HW *Rockchip acceleration*? (in Yundoo "TVMC 16.1")
              HW 4k1 (10 bit x264) - work?

Yundoo Y8 A6 [RK3399]

Comment

Suggest a sample file for testing and I will,
                Easy.
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

@Gormar,

Interesting, it seems your model is no longer an original R89, but works better than before? And could you tell me if the original R89 support android Marshmallow?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Johndoff View Post
                    Interesting, it seems your model is no longer an original R89, but works better than before? And could you tell me if the original R89 support android Marshmallow?
                    Now it work much better than on "original" firmware which was limited to Android KitKat. Updates camed only for about half a year after product release .
                    Thanks to Wasser this device is quite usable with Android Lollipop and recent security updates. Maybe not so recent because they are from October last year.

Comment

I flash my Yundoo Y8 but I can not find the original firmware someone I can 'help where and' can find it ? Thank you ...

Comment

YUNDOO Y8
                        2+16G coupon: GBYDY816 $90.99

4+32G coupon: GBYDY8 $109.99

Gearbest

treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Just wondering. Wood i be able install a low profile fan on top of the heat sink on this box. If so, were wood i connect the 2 or 3 wires. ?????????????

Comment

Dont know if you need a fan, but you could tag of the back of a usb port 5volts. (2 wires)
                            It would run continuous, a switch in line to turn it of would also be an option.
                            I found that the Yundoo Y8 has a quick recovery, temps go up and down quickly unlike others that just go up and stay.

treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Does anyone have any thoughts on installing the Ubuntu Linux or even the dual boot Android/Linux firmware from the Firefly RK3399 Development board.
                              The only difference i think i had found was the Ethernet port, being a Realtek RTL8211E on the Firefly and all the other addon interfaces the firefly has.
                              i think It would be insteresting to see if this works,
                              im happy to try it as long as we can get our hands on the original Y8 firmware for recovery reasons
                              I have ordered my Y8, should be here in max 3 weeks.

Comment

Cheers Trebor. I might just do the mod you have to be honest. Lol. It was a thought though.

Comment

Working...
                                X