New Rom
    Yundoo Y8 4GB/32GB - SCV1-Beta
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post

Comment

has any one got a fix for the stuttering youtube app on this box. I have installed 2 or 3 youtube apps on this box & it sttill stutters like hell.

Comment

Try the custom rom by SC excellent YT also
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

looking at these boxes and found that the 4gig box is $60 / £45 more than the 2gig is it really that much better never seen a price difference like this,and does the above new rom work on both

cheers

Comment

Hello
              I have a big problem with yudoo y8. When I press the button nothing happens.
              No LED lights and the box does not start. This happened on the second day after
              the first use. I did not make any manipulation on the box. I fear that it is the
              circuit of power that has broken down.
              If you think this is the case then how to fix that.
              Thank you in advance for your help.
              sarah

Comment

Originally posted by nordine11 View Post
                Hello
                I have a big problem with yudoo y8. When I press the button nothing happens.
                No LED lights and the box does not start. This happened on the second day after
                the first use. I did not make any manipulation on the box. I fear that it is the
                circuit of power that has broken down.
                If you think this is the case then how to fix that.
                Thank you in advance for your help.
                sarah
                try another lead only thing i can think of though i did kill a box once by plugging in the wrong power supply 9v into a 5v box expensive mistake

Comment

good news now that another seller has entered the market the price of the player is dropping,might wait another week and then treat myself .However i thought this box would have people buzzing but most of the reviews by customers are muted or moaning about video quality

Comment

I wouldn't say so that customer are muted or moaning...
                    There are a lot, A LOT of firmware problems:
                    1) jittery video on almost all video players
                    2) big hd-rips are really problem for this box by the air - yundoo y8 + linksys ea9500, 10 feets far from router.
                    Any video player can't satisfy acceptable transfer rate and stops for re-buffering next portion.
                    3) YouTube app is completely dead
                    4) weird Google Chrome with overlapping toolbar
                    and so on and so on.

Gonna flashing my Y8 with custom ROM of superceleron and hoping for miracle.
                    Last edited by parseval; 05-15-2017, 21:32.

Comment

Check to see if bullet type wifi. Maybe poorly placed or hittin board. But worth a check to see...
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Can anyone confirm, is this a 64 bit Android or still only 32 bit? All the Amlogic S912 boxes seem to be shipping with 32 bit Android on top of a 64 bit kernel.

Comment

Yes its 64bits

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                            Check to see if bullet type wifi. Maybe poorly placed or hittin board. But worth a check to see...
                            Not sure I correctly understood what 'bullet type wifi' means. It is wifi ac 5ghz network which is used for connection by Y8. Small hd-rips are good. But 10-20 gigs(and more) rips always stops and re-buffering.

tv-box is undamaged and there is no any scratches or cracks. So for now I wont to open it.

Comment

Originally posted by parseval View Post

Not sure I correctly understood what 'bullet type wifi' means. It is wifi ac 5ghz network which is used for connection by Y8. Small hd-rips are good. But 10-20 gigs(and more) rips always stops and re-buffering.

tv-box is undamaged and there is no any scratches or cracks. So for now I wont to open it.
                              hoo you mean high bitrate files? By wifi? pain.... better use eth for that ones

Comment

But why??? 5Ghz air is clean, no other access point in there except mine, short distance. Bandwidth should be enough to transfer even such massive movies like that. EA9500 is pretty strong device. May be internal antennas can be replaced by some external high gain ones?

Comment

Working...
                                X