Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

same o same o...
    lol i maybe should have waited until people on the yundoo forum had tested it

you were right seems it was an update to youtube within the same old firmware ,no other magic
    Last edited by trinidad; 06-24-2017, 18:25.

Comment

Despite the reviews I decided to get a Y8, now it is time for some first impressions....

At first boot it seemed the box is more a kids toy as the screen design of the startup wizard reminds me of a kids learning tablet.
      The actual launcher is not bad at all and easy to cusomise with shortcuts from the apps.
      Settings menus are a bit confusing if you are used to Amlogic but you get used to it.
      The lack of being able to use the remote to turn the box on might be a bug or a feature, depends on how you look at it.
      What will certainly be a poblem for some is the lack of DRM support, meaning a lot of things will simply not work when it comes to protected video content.
      Can't try any of the 4k features as my TV is neither big, nor smart enough - sorry for that.
      What strikes me is that it seems Yundoo and others are now trying to avoid the upcoming ban on "fully loaded" Kodi boxes by disguising Kodi as their own media player app.
      No addons installed either to please the authorities.
      But then you spot that the Playstore shortcut on the homescreen is actually a chinese store and the real one is resting in the app menu.
      The added store does only have very limited content but offers a lot of (semi)-illegal streaming apps.
      All outdated of course...
      Next thing to spot is the addon installer for the disguised Kodi player.
      Here you can find all your favourites - again in outdated versions and now for most with non working update features.
      Seems legal stuff is not a big concern in china.
      But all this can only be called bloatware as the legal status is questionable on the same level as the functionality.
      The usual bugs for Wifi keyboards are present as well, at least for the ones I have at my disposal
      Tried some pushing and pulling through ADB and performance is bad here.
      Ethernet is even worse than Wifi (no ADB support over USB that I could activate).
      The max I could get was around 300kb/s.
      Only once when pulling a big tar I reached over 2mb/s for a short time.
      All up the box does what it should but it could do much better.
      Rockchip really needs to change their way of thinking and get their firmware to work with a normal Android system instead of trying to patch it.
      Still with the BT support it makes a half decent gaming console that even runs most emulators with acceptable perfrmance.
      Great for retro gaming and all those who like to have a huge games collection from different systems at hand.
      VLC can compensate for unsupported formats and streaming videos from a network drive works just fine in the resolutions I could test.
      4k videos on HD make not much sense but the ones I tested played fine through VLC while some struggled on the build in video player.

If you are after "The fasted box out there" you might want to grab one.
      But if you want something that really works with all 4k content and DRM then stick to the "slow" Amlogic boxes.
      I could not check the modded Kodi for anything above HD or fancy audio stuff but if anyone wants to check if the Rockchip stuff is better supported than in the official Kodi versions I can pull a copy for testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Downunder 35m View Post
        (no ADB support over USB that I could activate).
        need to check on the second screen, maybe there pops up such a message Y8?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image_25166.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	655293

Yundoo Y8 A6 [RK3399]

Comment

Was already the same on the X96.
          Unless I missed something these boxes don't have ADB user USB.
          I know the question you posted but it won't show up, unlike when connecting my phone or tablet.

Comment

So... No way to activate developer mode? Clicking on the build does nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by idemo View Post
              So... No way to activate developer mode? Clicking on the build does nothing.
              there is in super c rom dunno about stock

Comment

Please, If anyone found away to replace the software of this device to make it work properly ..Thanks

Comment

Hi Metzo ,

so you want to know howto flash your RK3399 Box with a new Firmware ??? ,

please look here for better understanding :

please ask if you need more help , greetings

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by Metzo View Post
                    Please, If anyone found away to replace the software of this device to make it work properly ..Thanks
                    It would help to be specific...
                    Just a complaint like "IT does not work" is of no help for anyone

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                      Hi Metzo ,

so you want to know howto flash your RK3399 Box with a new Firmware ??? ,

please look here for better understanding :

please ask if you need more help , greetings

gefattern
                      Thanks, I know how to flash..I was looking for another device software can replaced and work better in this device.

Comment

Originally posted by Downunder 35m View Post

It would help to be specific...
                        Just a complaint like "IT does not work" is of no help for anyone
                        The device is freezes , hanging, stopped suddenly and give boot loop. This why I asked about to replaced with another software
                        Hope that I cleared..Can you help please...

Comment

Hi Metzo ,

but first what WifiChip do you have ??? (a Link where you bought it would help too)

do you have all the Tools and Drivers that are needed to go one and do you have the StockRom for your Device ???

if you know it is the same WifiChip take this : (after that we can search for a better CustomRom)

the Tools and Drivers you can download there , too . Please report if you all got it , that we can go on .

greetings

gefattern

Comment

Hi again ,

what Power does your Device need ??? , maybe only a new Powersupply is needed with more /mah/ like the stock .

Example : if 5V/2000 to 2500mah take at least one with 3000mah .

Even if only Powersupply causes the Problems a CustomRom is always better .

again greetings

gefattern

Comment

1+
                              The stock rom should not behave like this, mine works fine for my needs.
                              But if you do powerhungry stuff and the power supply is too weak you get all sorts of problems.
                              Same if the box starts to overheat - seems some of them have the heatsink not always mounted properly.

Comment

Hi Downunder 35m ,

did you had this Power problems , too .

greetings

gefattern

Comment

Working...
                                X