This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
    My guess is bootloader is screwed up. By following my steps you will force the box to load bootloader from sdcard, and then rom will be flashed along with bootloader.
    the problem with most of us with this issue is weve done the magic sd card trick to death. The shorting of the pins doesnt actually do any different than just booting up from the magic sd card either. All processes complete automatically and you can witness the progress during install. It just does not stick to the nand upon reboot.

Either something is amiss here or something physical is wrong and needs the UART flashing method.

Comment

Re: Solution for stuck in Android load AML8726-MX Dual Core TV Box Android 4.2.2

Originally posted by kerikhaos View Post
      the problem with most of us with this issue is weve done the magic sd card trick to death. The shorting of the pins doesnt actually do any different than just booting up from the magic sd card either. All processes complete automatically and you can witness the progress during install. It just does not stick to the nand upon reboot.

Either something is amiss here or something physical is wrong and needs the UART flashing method.
      Magic sdcard was not working for me, i did the short on nand pins and it worked.
      I have something like a instruction for uart flashing, i will post it here later.
      There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Magic sdcard was not working for me, i did the short on nand pins and it worked.
        I have something like a instruction for uart flashing, i will post it here later.
        So the shorting if the pins flashes the boot loader as well while the magic sd card just loads recovery and flashes everything else accept the boot loader? I thought the pin shorting was to reset the box only like a hard reset.

Comment

Re: Solution for stuck in Android load AML8726-MX Dual Core TV Box Android 4.2.2

So the shorting if the pins flashes the boot loader as well while the magic sd card just loads recovery and flashes everything else accept the boot loader? I thought the pin shorting was to reset the box only like a hard reset.
          Shorting the pins is the hardware way to do the same as the magic sdcard. I don't know why, but sometimes magic sdcard doesn't work and then you can try short pins.
          When you short pins you are preventing the cpu to load uboot (bootloader) from nand, then the cpu is forced to look for a uboot in sdcard. Once bootloader is loaded, if you have the aml_autostart script on the sdcard it will be executed and recovery loaded. If you have factory_update_param, then the ROM will be flashed. Bootloader, boot, logo and recovery will be flashed depending on what's on updater script inside the rom.
          I hope this will help to understand how the boot process works.
          For uart method you need a working bootloader loaded either from nand or sdcard.
          There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

These instructions were given to me by someone who knows how to do it. I never tried it, so don't ask me about this.

cKermit - Amlogic

Server:
            - sudo kermit
            - set port /dev/ttyUSB0
            - set baud 115200
            - set carrier-watch off
            - set flow-control none
            - set prefixing all
            - set file type binary
            - connect

Client:
            - loadb

Server:
            - send <file name>
            - connect

Client:
            - sf probe 2
            - sf erase 0 80000
            - sf write 82000000 0 80000 (m1/m3/m6)
            - sf write 12000000 0 80000 (m8)
            - reset
            - defenv
            - saveenv
            - reset

Comment

Shorting the pins is the hardware way to do the same as the magic sdcard. I don't know why, but sometimes magic sdcard doesn't work and then you can try short pins.
              When you short pins you are preventing the cpu to load uboot (bootloader) from nand, then the cpu is forced to look for a uboot in sdcard. Once bootloader is loaded, if you have the aml_autostart script on the sdcard it will be executed and recovery loaded. If you have factory_update_param, then the ROM will be flashed. Bootloader, boot, logo and recovery will be flashed depending on what's on updater script inside the rom.
              I hope this will help to understand how the boot process works.
              For uart method you need a working bootloader loaded either from nand or sdcard.
              yes I think the procedure is clear, I have recovered over 100 boxes from various bad flashes, bricks and power cuts - I believe the shorting of the pins is the same as having the magic SD inserted and powering on with the av button pressed because it loads the uboot direct from the card because if you try to do this without the SD then we still get black screen so the cpu is trying to fire up the recovery located on NAND and isn't finding it. Once SD is in it finds it and then loads up recovery and attempts flash - completes - reboots and then black screen. So whatever is happening its a process which is blocking the flash to remain in NAND.
              Last edited by kerikhaos; 08-31-2014, 13:27.

Comment

yes I think the procedure is clear, I have recovered over 100 boxes from various bad flashes, bricks and power cuts - I believe the shorting of the pins is the same as having the magic SD inserted and powering on with the av button pressed because it loads the uboot direct from the card because if you try to do this without the SD then we still get black screen so the cpu is trying to fire up the recovery located on NAND and isn't finding it. Once SD is in it finds it and then loads up recovery and attempts flash - completes - reboots and then black screen. So whatever is happening its a process which is blocking the flash to remain in NAND.
                Probably a bad nand.

Comment

Probably a bad nand.
                  most likely that's why I want to prove this with UART

Comment

UART Recovery - This worked for me, just follow the instructions

The tools needed to:
                    A windows xp computer (win7 installing a XP virtual machine), SD card, a firmware update, soldering iron, solder, thin wire 3, screwdriver, usb to TTL- level converter

Software:

1, serial connection software putty (according to my experience xp HyperTerminal should be able to work)

2, provided by the manufacturer: u-boot.bin, uImage_recovery, mx2013-03-13.zip (which version does not matter)

Un-Brick steps:
                    1, of course, first have to open the back cover of the device.
                    The first time I open the back cover, how large does not open, very depressed. Remove the four screws, followed by actually cover a piece of aluminum (iron?), If that does not come down with a sharp little things, at the gap pry the can down.

2, find the serial output of the mx board, the position indicator in the board surface, there are four round solder point.
                    Solder side down, on the right side three points, the point is what we need. The middle ground, around TX or RX I do not remember the specific, we can try it anyway, can not burn machine

3, with a soldering iron, the 3 thin wire (I use the thin copper wires in the cable) welded to that point 3.
                    Usb to TTL electric level conversion line 3 line and leads to three lines directly connected Note: connect the ground wire ground, the line of RX with TX, TX line with the RX line
                    As long as the ground does not pick the wrong one will use putty look, you can know if a wrong, if the other two lines are wrong, change it wants to come back

DO NOT CONNECT DIRECTLY TO SERIAL PORT: direct serial computer can not be connected to the serial cable and MX equipment, because if I remember correctly, the computer serial port voltage in 12V, TTL voltage is less than 5V.

5, putty and other serial tools, test the connection is correct:

a) "usb to TTL level converter cable plugged into the computer's USB port, install the right driver, please install the appropriate drivers (conversion line driver)

b) driver is installed correctly, the computer should recognize a serial port, the device manager to find the serial port of the corresponding (i.e.- COM3)

c) modify Putty serial port settings, Serial line changed to just the serial port (com3) Speed ​​changed to 115200

d) in the putty Open to open the serial port, it will display a black window

e) Turn the power of the MX, if the putty window to see the output, congratulations!

6 Preparing SD card:

A) write card software provided by the manufacturer SDcardMaker.exe to write u-boot.bin to the SD card, this software is very simple, select your sd card in the top drop down, place a check in the box in the middle to format your sd card, then browse to your u-boot.bin file in the bottom drop down, then click the bottom button. When done click x in top right corner to close window down.

B) Then copy needed files to the SD card, including: aml_autoscript, ethmac.efuse, factory_update_param.aml, mx.zip,
                    u-boot.bin, uImage_recovery, uImage

7, in front of all the preparatory work, the following is a key step.
                    Confirm the MX the power is turned off, insert the SD card, the computer set the serial port and open the serial port after, make sure the of black putty pop-up window is the top window
                    Press and hold the computer's Enter key (Enter) and apply power to MX, if done correctly, Putty should soon enter a command window (DOS window almost prompt last #, this should be a U-boot command window)
                    In window putty u-boot, enter the following command, to un-brick the machine:

sf probe 2

sf erase 0 100000

mmcinfo

fatload mmc 0 82000000 u-boot.bin

sf write 82000000 0 60000

nand info

nand scrub

9, write recovery

fatload mmc 0 82000000 uImage_recovery eg (fatload mmc 0 82000000 recovery.img)

bootm

10, which is the machine recovery window appears, and the emergence of the robot update icon, but I run to the final was a failure, does not matter

11, then restart mx should normally start

And then restart the machine, the recovery should be able to come out, if you can not get out, ask the manufacturer's customer service, I know.

Comment

Is my HD 18 v2.22 Bricked?

Build date on the board is shown as 20131018.
                      Bought it second hand but virtually unused a few days ago. Reset from Filipino to English.
                      Tried in vain to root it but it turns out OTG is disabled. Turns out I may have been able to try adb tcp.

Installed Beyond XBMC including all my regular addons then tried to install Gotham but as it already has XBMC built in it wouldn't let me. I guess there is also SPMC that I could try.

With Beyond XBMC all set up we then had a power surge in the house and the box does nothing now.
                      All I get is the red flashing LED, not the required blue LED.
                      Tried BenniBennassi's Matricom fix but nothing.
                      Managed to get one side of the heat sink off to look at the Nand chip and it is the 29F64G08CBABA.
                      Is shorting the pins going to unbrick the device and if so which pins should I try?
                      Any other way to unbrick, uart?

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Pieman View Post
                        Build date on the board is shown as 20131018.
                        Bought it second hand but virtually unused a few days ago. Reset from Filipino to English.
                        Tried in vain to root it but it turns out OTG is disabled. Turns out I may have been able to try adb tcp.

Installed Beyond XBMC including all my regular addons then tried to install Gotham but as it already has XBMC built in it wouldn't let me. I guess there is also SPMC that I could try.

With Beyond XBMC all set up we then had a power surge in the house and the box does nothing now.
                        All I get is the red flashing LED, not the required blue LED.
                        Tried BenniBennassi's Matricom fix but nothing.
                        Managed to get one side of the heat sink off to look at the Nand chip and it is the 29F64G08CBABA.
                        Is shorting the pins going to unbrick the device and if so which pins should I try?
                        Any other way to unbrick, uart?

Thanks guys.
                        Well I have tried shorting pins 7-8 and 8-9 but still no change (flashing red LED).
                        Is the only chance for me now the uart fix?

Tip: If you have a protective plastic cap from a HD cable it makes a nice switch for the reset button beneath the AV port. Might be useful when you need 3 hands to short pins, reset and flick the power switch.

Comment

problem with device. please help

hello all, first of all sorry for my english.
                          i bought this device

the cccam in this device was not working so i tried to flash a new rom for it.
                          now it not booting at all. no hdmi pic.
                          ive tried all the solutions i got the recovery. but fail to operate it. using the method with the sd card.
                          the version i got is HD 18 v1.1
                          but i couldnt find a suitable rom for this firmware.
                          what can i do.

Comment

Originally posted by tchodz View Post
                            Hi, i just got a similar box, looks like this one. But mine is DVB-S2: http://www.****.com/itm/Amlogic-AML8...item2593d842f3

it came with this conf:
                            Kernel: 3.0.50 ubuntu@ubuntyu_desktop
                            build number: JDQ39.20131203
                            Model: hd18s2 mbx dvb-s2
                            android 4.2.2
                            CPU: amlogic 8726-mx

I´m trying everything but after install its black screen and blue led. Anyone may help me?

here a couple pics from motherboard:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7531[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7530[/ATTACH]

After some research i found out that my box is made by this http://www.enybox.com/En/product/html/?174.html and they put some firmware, so i downloaded and try to install, but twrp show me this:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7534[/ATTACH]

Just got my mtd:
                            dev: size erasesize name
                            mtd0: 00800000 00200000 "bootloader"
                            mtd1: 00800000 00200000 "logo"
                            mtd2: 00800000 00200000 "aml_logo"
                            mtd3: 00800000 00200000 "recovery"
                            mtd4: 00800000 00200000 "boot"
                            mtd5: 40000000 00200000 "system"
                            mtd6: 20000000 00200000 "cache"
                            mtd7: 10000000 00200000 "backup"
                            mtd8: 18c000000 00200000 "data"

need stock firmware, so if someone have it, please post it for me.

Unfortunately it did not work. I used usb to rs232, rs232 to p2 and none of them worked, did not recognize the method putty.exe. So quit trying to revive my box. But I'm willing to give a shock pins in seven eight my mother's board, Could someone guide me?

Comment

MX Linux boot screen freeze help

Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum and I would appreciate your help on this problem.

I'm trying to make an update to the XBMC application for a friend

Info I have on the box:
                              It has MX on the box but I don't know the actual model name or number
                              All I have is HD18 V2.22 from the circuit board. Heatsink on the board is 45deg angle
                              Hope you can help by providing the model info

The box will not display a picture on my Sony KDL32V2500 TV through either HDMI or A/V but will display a picture on a LG TV.

When I plug in the power lead the logo screen of MX Linux appears only. XBMC will not load in

I have tried the toothpick solution on the web to put the MX box into a recovery screen. It does not appear. MX linux screen appears and that is it.

I have used HDD RAW copy to copy a recoverry.img file to a MicorSD seated in to a SD adapter. The microSD is 4GB. The recovery.img did not work

I also tried the solution for this link

Again recovery has not loaded in. I am at a loss.
                              I hate to think that this MX box is bricked.

Can someone please help me to reslove this issue? Do I need a specific manufacturing recovery image for the MX box

Regards,
                              Dtreacy

Comment

use a 8gb stick and try again with your process

Comment

Working...
                                X