X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot Loop After the update

Hi

I have a MX box. My device has the g18ref board. however the reset button is in the Audio SPDIF hole.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue, where the box is rebooting in a loop after trying the procedure explained by Beni and on XDA developers. I used the 4GB card and used the program mentioned to write the image on the sd card.

After the two errors (which are common) I rebooted the system.
    AFTER THE REBOOT IT GETS REALLY WEIRD.

(This is the main issue)
    - I am no longer getting the MATRICOM Screen and instead i get a White screen and sometimes a Green Screen.
    - The box automatically starts to install the firmware again (i guess its automatically booting from the SD card without pressing the reset button).
    - if i take the SD card out after the reboot i have a BLACK Screen saying no signal on my TV. which means the box has power but it does not start and boot in to the android system.
    - if i put the sd card back in it boots automatically in to the installation again without me holding the reset button.

I have tried everything but i cant get the Matricom image back which is now replaced with a Pure Lime Green Screen.

In order to change the screen from GREEN to MATRICOM i tried the two files for recovery also provided by the DroidTV (Mx2 recovery zip in the SD card which has the uboot file) MY BOX Boots but it is stuck on the Green color screen and does not move and take me to the recovery and i have to take the plug out and restart the unit.

I tried the Beni image again but the same issue of my system LOOPING.

IS MY BOX COMPLETELY BRICKED??
    Also if i HAVE THE UART cables does anyone have the full guide to unbrick the system??
    Please help in this matter :-(

Thanks

Comment

Samaark

I seem to recall that i had somthing like this and all it was is a bad flash if you go to this site http://www.acemax.net.cn/en/shownews.asp?id=126
      and download the latest firmware as this is the place that supports the MX2 TV Box and supplys the stock firmware which should get you back to the start again. (it will also repair the boot loader).
      just put the three files on to your SD card and use the toothpick method which i have discribed in an earler thred. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Knobhound View Post
        Samaark

I seem to recall that i had somthing like this and all it was is a bad flash if you go to this site http://www.acemax.net.cn/en/shownews.asp?id=126
        and download the latest firmware as this is the place that supports the MX2 TV Box and supplys the stock firmware which should get you back to the start again. (it will also repair the boot loader).
        just put the three files on to your SD card and use the toothpick method which i have discribed in an earler thred. Good Luck.

Thanks for the reply Knobhound, I downloaded the IPTV latest firmware after extracting i copied all the files to the sd card. I held the tooth pick for so long but nothing happened. I tried boot the rooted and the non rooted files but no Luck :-(

The box i have does look similar to the one they have in the picture on that website (it only has MX written on it and my reset button is in the SPDIF port)

when i try the image solution given by Beni it boot the device and starts installing it and after the reboot it goes back to the installation of the firmware and its never ending.

Do you suggest anything else i should try???

Comment

Its just a timing issue with the flashing of firmware. (make shure the SD card is formatted Fat 32)

Toothpick method =
          1) Put Firmware on SD card and place in MX2 Slot. (there should be 3 files on the card)
          2) Find reset button down inside AV hole keep pressed. (with toohpick) and apply power.
          3) Count upto six and let the reset button go. (it may take a few times to get it right)
          4) The Firmware should start to load and flash the MX2. (give it plenty of time to finnish).

Comment

Its just a timing issue with the flashing of firmware. (make shure the SD card is formatted Fat 32)

Toothpick method =
            1) Put Firmware on SD card and place in MX2 Slot. (there should be 3 files on the card)
            2) Find reset button down inside AV hole keep pressed. (with toohpick) and apply power.
            3) Count upto six and let the reset button go. (it may take a few times to get it right)
            4) The Firmware should start to load and flash the MX2. (give it plenty of time to finnish).

I am going to try the six second rule. does it have to be exact six second?
            The following are the images for the PCB board and the box itself. please take a look at it.

I will try you recommendation above and get back to you.

Thanks

Comment

Samaark

I tried this method but my device does not boot even after 6 seconds of holding the reset button. i tried many times.

My box seems to get stuck on a lime green screen. I am not getting any logo for example MATRICOM or A9.
              :-(

Comment

Re: Solution for stuck in Android load AML8726-MX Dual Core TV Box Android 4.2.2

Originally posted by samaark View Post
                I tried this method but my device does not boot even after 6 seconds of holding the reset button. i tried many times.

My box seems to get stuck on a lime green screen. I am not getting any logo for example MATRICOM or A9.
                :-(
                i remember to have read something about this scenario at Androidgadget.co.uk make a search at that forum.
                in your first picture... did you removed the (sorry i don't remember the word for this) metal square on top of cpu? this is for passive cooling and it's important.
                Regards
                There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

There is a file i read about someware that boots the G-Box into recovery only, sorry but i can not remember which fourm it was on it may have been Androidgadget. From there you could manualy select the firmware zip to re flash. I know how frustrating it can be when your G-Box is broken and the glee you feel when its fixed but i have never read about one that has been toltaly bricked, its just finding the answer.
                  If i find the recovery file i will post it.

Comment

i've found the post, look at this http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=322
                    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Hi I have tried Benassi's recovery with no success. First of all if I restart the box with the SD card inserted, nothing happens; so with the SD card removed, as soon as the A9 logo appears I release the reset switch and quickly insert the Sd card and the box, which I am not sure if it is g02ref or g18ref, starts the loading process for about less than a minute and gives the errors. I restart and after the A9 screen and the android logo appears, the word 'android' follows and remain on the screen and nothing more happens.
                      Any suggestions? p.s. MB is HD18 v2.2
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by samaark View Post
                        Hi

I have a MX box. My device has the g18ref board. however the reset button is in the Audio SPDIF hole.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue, where the box is rebooting in a loop after trying the procedure explained by Beni and on XDA developers. I used the 4GB card and used the program mentioned to write the image on the sd card.

After the two errors (which are common) I rebooted the system.
                        AFTER THE REBOOT IT GETS REALLY WEIRD.

(This is the main issue)
                        - I am no longer getting the MATRICOM Screen and instead i get a White screen and sometimes a Green Screen.
                        - The box automatically starts to install the firmware again (i guess its automatically booting from the SD card without pressing the reset button).
                        - if i take the SD card out after the reboot i have a BLACK Screen saying no signal on my TV. which means the box has power but it does not start and boot in to the android system.
                        - if i put the sd card back in it boots automatically in to the installation again without me holding the reset button.

I have tried everything but i cant get the Matricom image back which is now replaced with a Pure Lime Green Screen.

In order to change the screen from GREEN to MATRICOM i tried the two files for recovery also provided by the DroidTV (Mx2 recovery zip in the SD card which has the uboot file) MY BOX Boots but it is stuck on the Green color screen and does not move and take me to the recovery and i have to take the plug out and restart the unit.

I tried the Beni image again but the same issue of my system LOOPING.

IS MY BOX COMPLETELY BRICKED??
                        Also if i HAVE THE UART cables does anyone have the full guide to unbrick the system??
                        Please help in this matter :-(

Thanks
                        Sorry, friend, your box is version 1.1
                        I mentioned in my OP that the versions supported are 2.2, 2.21 , 2.22
                        You should have checked it before!!!

If you did not, you took the risk.
                        Only way to try is the UART method.

I will try to search you the instructions how to access by UART.

Comment

Originally posted by BenniBenassi View Post
                          Sorry, friend, your box is version 1.1
                          I mentioned in my OP that the versions supported are 2.2, 2.21 , 2.22
                          You should have checked it before!!!

If you did not, you took the risk.
                          Only way to try is the UART method.

I will try to search you the instructions how to access by UART.

Benni,

Thanks you for the reply, your method for SD card worked for me like a charm. I was being greedy and wanted to update my box to the latest Matricom firmware 1.1.6 so after when i tried to update to the latest firmware it bricked my device.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon1905 View Post
                            Hi I have tried Benassi's recovery with no success. First of all if I restart the box with the SD card inserted, nothing happens; so with the SD card removed, as soon as the A9 logo appears I release the reset switch and quickly insert the Sd card and the box, which I am not sure if it is g02ref or g18ref, starts the loading process for about less than a minute and gives the errors. I restart and after the A9 screen and the android logo appears, the word 'android' follows and remain on the screen and nothing more happens.
                            Any suggestions? p.s. MB is HD18 v2.2
                            Thanks
                            By the way, when I browse files on the card the following error pops up:

'Please insert the last disk of the multi-volume set and click OK to continue'

What could it be?
                            Should the box be rooted?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for no reply guys. Found some help elsewhere. Downloaded another firmware and now box has been revived.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotorgoat View Post
                                I use air keyboard for the ipad. Install autostart to get it to start. For xbmc I use the official remote on the AppStore which is fantastic!! I also have a wireless keyboard/mouse from **** for 12 quid which is good (http://item.mobileweb.****.co.uk/vie...id=40954556047)
                                cheers
                                Hi Rotorgoat. Can you point me towards the official remote for xbmc please? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X