Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another way I found here at the board....
    If the UG007b uses a 29F64G08CBABA too (other rk3188 devices like mk908 will do so), perhaps it helps
    He short 5-6 and 7-8 at same time: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...cked-my-UG007b
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      Another way I found here at the board....
      If the UG007b uses a 29F64G08CBABA too (other rk3188 devices like mk908 will do so), perhaps it helps
      He short 5-6 and 7-8 at same time: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...cked-my-UG007b
      I will try this today.... and I will order the UART cable since it is so cheap.

Comment

If your uboot still works, have a look at that idea from Bob (finless) and use the "aml_autoscript" (from the CWM for this device) and try any other image with renaming it to "uImage_recovery" (but I don't know whith one will work???)
        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?3029-Nexbook-AMlogic-root-WORK!&p=41504&viewfull=1#post41504
        specialy #135
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Nothing works, it is dead.

Last chance case is I will get a UART cable and the USB cable and can work out something from there.

Comment

Shiii***, if you killed your uboot too, I'm not really hopefully that you are able to unbrick it..

Please can you edit your post #20 and write something like: "NOTICE: be carefully, it's beta and DON'T use the factory reset, only BACKUP and RESTORE"

BTW, I don't really understand this point of factory reset... what, from were, to were...???
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Shiii***, if you killed your uboot too, I'm not really hopefully that you are able to unbrick it..

Please can you edit your post #20 and write something like: "NOTICE: be carefully, it's beta and DON'T use the factory reset, only BACKUP and RESTORE"

BTW, I don't really understand this point of factory reset... what, from were, to were...???

I modified the post.

And the u-boot is dead. But it is possible to restore all by UART.
              Well, I am becoming smarter and smarter.

Got TODAY the UART layout for DroidTV MX box G18REF (MX2REF) and the necessary files and instructions for using it and possibly (hopefully) restoring it, and also I have the flash files...

Ordered the needed parts from **** for 15 dollars, they are useful for many-many-many electronic gadgets, not only MX Box.

If I succeed, I will post complete instructions. I will need to wait for the parts to arrive though...
              Last edited by BenniBenassi; 10-01-2013, 17:05.

Comment

Originally posted by BenniBenassi View Post
                I modified the post.
                Thanks...

I will need to wait for the parts to arrive though...
                In two months

If I succeed, I will post complete instructions
                I HOPE SO
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Warning - CWM backup / restore

BEANS aka CWM for G18REF (aka MX2REF, HD 18 v2.2 etc, AML8726MX MALI400 Android TV BOX 1G/8G)

D/L the zip file, extract and put the files on FAT32 formatted sd card and boot via the match or toothpick method described earlier.

NOTICE: be carefully, it's beta and DON'T use the factory reset, only BACKUP and RESTORE
                  Be careful if you are using the above method to backup / restore CWM AND Obackup here

CWM backups made with Obackup will NOT restore using the method shown above by Benni. I know I have tried & failed

To restore a CWM backup you MUST make it with the above method - do not use Obackup.
                  Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever

Comment

For those who are interested in

The package offer by BenniBenassi is a merge of
                    1. the MIDNIGHT-RECOVERY-SD-CARD found here at the Matricom-web-side
                    2. an actual full (Manually Updating Firmware) "Matricom G-Box Midnight MX2 Firmware" you can found here (in his case the 1.1.5)

A little view behind the "secrets"
                    Hidden trash on the SD generated by MAC OS X (I think not really need ):
                    .fseventsd
                    .Spotlight-V100
                    .Trashes
                    ._.Trashes

"Trash" on the SD generated by Android (I think not really need too):
                    .LOST.DIR

Important SD files:
                    factory_update_param.aml
                    uboot-wyst-a11.bin
                    uImage_recovery

SD Version "factory_update_param.aml"
                    Code:
                    --set_efuse_version="version=1,mach_id=0xb8e"
                    --set_efuse_ethernet_mac
                    --wipe_data
                    --wipe_cache
                    --wipe_media
                    --update_package=/sdcard/UWS102912pusa_121122gbox_ext.zip
                    --wipe_data
                    --wipe_cache
                    --wipe_media
                    wipe =>
                    Erasing data...
                    The Android operating system partitions the internal storage of your device into different sections, including sections for userdata (--wipe_data) and cache (--wipe_cache).
                    Cache is for data of frequently-accessed apps.
                    Media (wipe_media)??? perhaps "/system/media/"...

--update_package=root: path =>
                    root means in this case "/sdcard"
                    path means FULL name of the package in this case "/UWS102912pusa_121122gbox_ext.zip"

If you want to merge the SD version with an actual full MX2 firmware, you have to copy all files of the archive into the SD-Card, perhaps without the new "factory_update_param.aml".
                    In the case of 1.1.5 are these:
                    mx2update.zip
                    recovery.img

The new "factory_update_param.aml" in the archive:
                    Code:
                    --update_package=/sdcard/mx2update.zip
                    --wipe_cache
                    The "factory_update_param.aml" at the solution of BenniBenassi:
                    Code:
                    --set_efuse_ethernet_mac
                    --wipe_data
                    --wipe_cache
                    --wipe_media
                    So, I think, it would be enough to edit the original SD Version "factory_update_param.aml" like this (but not sure because the wipes after the update_package):
                    Code:
                    --set_efuse_ethernet_mac
                    --wipe_data
                    --wipe_cache
                    --wipe_media
                    --wipe_data
                    --wipe_cache
                    --wipe_media
                    I think so too, the "UWS102912pusa_121122gbox_ext.zip" isn't need any longer on the SD-Card...

Greetings
                    Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 10-05-2013, 13:55.
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

The package offer by BenniBenassi is a merge of
                      1. the MIDNIGHT-RECOVERY-SD-CARD found here at the Matricom-web-side
                      2. an actual full (Manually Updating Firmware) "Matricom G-Box Midnight MX2 Firmware" you can found here (in his case the 1.1.5)

A little view behind the "secrets"
                      Hidden trash on the SD generated by MAC OS X (I think not really need ):
                      .fseventsd
                      .Spotlight-V100
                      .Trashes
                      ._.Trashes

"Trash" on the SD generated by Android (I think not really need too):
                      .LOST.DIR

Important SD files:
                      factory_update_param.aml
                      uboot-wyst-a11.bin
                      uImage_recovery

SD Version "factory_update_param.aml"
                      Code:
                      --set_efuse_ethernet_mac
                      --wipe_data
                      --wipe_cache
                      --wipe_media
                      --update_package=/sdcard/UWS102912pusa_121122gbox_ext.zip
                      --wipe_data
                      --wipe_cache
                      --wipe_media
                      wipe =>
                      Erasing data...
                      The Android operating system partitions the internal storage of your device into different sections, including sections for userdata (--wipe_data) and cache (--wipe_cache).
                      Cache is for data of frequently-accessed apps.
                      Media (wipe_media)??? perhaps "/system/media/"...

--update_package=root: path =>
                      root means in this case "/sdcard"
                      path means FULL name of the package in this case "/UWS102912pusa_121122gbox_ext.zip"

If you want to merge the SD version with an actual full MX2 firmware, you have to copy all files of the archive into the SD-Card, perhaps without the new "factory_update_param.aml".
                      In the case of 1.1.5 are these:
                      mx2update.zip
                      recovery.img

The new "factory_update_param.aml" in the archive:
                      Code:
                      --wipe_cache
                      The "factory_update_param.aml" at the solution of BenniBenassi:
                      Code:
                      --set_efuse_ethernet_mac
                      --wipe_data
                      --wipe_cache
                      --wipe_media
                      So, I think, it would be enough to edit the original SD Version "factory_update_param.aml" like this (but not sure because the wipes after the update_package):
                      Code:
                      --set_efuse_ethernet_mac
                      --wipe_data
                      --wipe_cache
                      --wipe_media
                      --wipe_data
                      --wipe_cache
                      --wipe_media
                      I think so too, the "UWS102912pusa_121122gbox_ext.zip" isn't need any longer on the SD-Card...

Greetings
                      Why don't you make a new and a better image then for all of the users worldwide? There is 1.1.6 ROM available from Matricom now. I urge you to show your good skills... make a contribution

I specifically mentioned in my post in XDA that I used the official Matricom Rom (which is available from their web page, by the way). I don't care if you modify it or mention how you think this recovery SD card is made.... feel free

Comment

Hi,

I'm a friend of "Help people to help themselves"

And I have a up-/download limit because of G3...

I know about the 1.1.6, but the 1.1.5 has a change log, is RC but knows as "stable", but what's about the 1.1.6???...

Greetings
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Hi,

I'm a friend of "Help people to help themselves"

And I have a up-/download limit because of G3...

I know about the 1.1.6, but the 1.1.5 has a change log, is RC but knows as "stable", but what's about the 1.1.6???...

Greetings
                          I see. With the sd card image, people cant help themselves, they have to ask their mother ...

Anyway, I do not recommend fiddling with the image if you want to recover your MX box.

Comment

I'm sooo sorry, if you and your work feel attacked...
                            But anxious do not apply
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

I'm sooo sorry, if you and your work feel attacked...
                              But anxious do not apply
                              LOL.

Just download and enjoy the recovery sd I combined from official releases of Matricom.

Feel free to delete anything from it, or add anything to it.

I am sorry if you have low bandwidth internet and you cant do it. (Somehow you are able to download... ok never mind).

Comment

New Board "HD18 v2.22"

Hello,

there is a new board label "HD18 v2.22" at the market. It looks like the known "HD18 v2.2" (detachable wifi antenna cable connector) and "HD18 v2.21" (not detachable wifi antenna cable), the only thinks that are different
                                - there is a little bit bigger headsink witch is 45° rotated (covers the NAND a little bit) and is fixed to the board with two plastic pins/sticks
                                (- there are more louver at the bottom of the case)

More I can not say, because I've received a defective device.
                                No Signal at HDMI or AV.
                                The only think that works is that the color of the light will toggle between blue and red by using the red RC power-button.

Greetings
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                                X