Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might, but I'm waiting for the special cable needed to haXxØr the box.
    If I get it, the box will be raped.
    Hopefully also Kanged.

Comment

Well what do you know, a CWM for this magnificent AML8726-MX TV Box has shown up

And it works, I backed up my ROM with it....

Comment

Originally posted by BenniBenassi View Post
        Well what do you know, a CWM for this magnificent AML8726-MX TV Box has shown up

And it works, I backed up my ROM with it....
        Can you tell me where you got it from?
        Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever

Comment

Yeah Benni, spill the beans

Comment

CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY FOR AML8726MX TV BOX

BEANS aka CWM for G18REF (aka MX2REF, HD 18 v2.2 etc, AML8726MX MALI400 Android TV BOX 1G/8G)

D/L the zip file, extract and put the files on FAT32 formatted sd card and boot via the match or toothpick method described earlier.

NOTICE: be carefully, it's beta and DON'T use the factory reset, only BACKUP and RESTORE
            Last edited by BenniBenassi; 09-30-2013, 20:31.

Comment

BEANS aka CWM for G18REF (aka MX2REF, HD 18 v2.2 etc, AML8726MX MALI400 Android TV BOX 1G/8G)

D/L the zip file, extract and put the files on FAT32 formatted sd card and boot via the match or toothpick method described earlier.

http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/sho...d=2086#pid2086
              Thank you my man

Regards
              Peter

Comment

A couple of question for you Benni (still waiting for my box to arrive from amazon)

1, now you've a chance to run 9th Aug Matricom rom - which ver of xbmc have they used?
                2, having loaded the Matricom rom, it's now turned your Meson6 box (so called clone) into a Matricom MX2? Does this mean that it will do ota updates from the Matricom server - or will it still require ROMs that bypass the Matricom hardwear check?

Regards
                Peter

Comment

Hello,

I'm thinking about this device:
                  http://www.****.de/itm/Android-4-2-1...item2ec773310c
                  What do you think about it (naturally without any grantee)?
                  - is it perhaps the "correct" Board (g18ref)?

I'm thinking about it, because to play only a little bit with it (ROM's/application; not games) and hopefully to use it as an "error-free" media-player (MX Player, VLC, ... with a hole of formats... without using XBMC)...
                  (AND for playing with ROM's, kernels, Linux... and so on, I will order a K-R42 with RK3188 later)

Thanks a lot
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                    Hello,

I'm thinking about it, because to play only a little bit with it (ROM's/application; not games) and hopefully to use it as an "error-free" media-player (MX Player, VLC, ... with a hole of formats... without using XBMC)...
                    (AND for playing with ROM's, kernels, Linux... and so on, I will order a K-R42 with RK3188 later)

Thanks a lot
                    Would be a good idea to send them an email ask if their device uses one of these boards:-

G18REF
                    G02REF
                    MX2REF
                    HD 18 v2.2
                    HD 18 v2.21

I would think that you will be OK, but best to be 100% sure eh?

Cheers

Comment

Hello,

Thanks a lot
                      HERE IS WHAT I BOUGHT, I'm using the box from this seller:

http://www.****.com/itm/Android-4-2-...item1e792eb683
                      Last edited by BenniBenassi; 09-21-2013, 10:22.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepeter View Post
                        A couple of question for you Benni (still waiting for my box to arrive from amazon)

1, now you've a chance to run 9th Aug Matricom rom - which ver of xbmc have they used?
                        2, having loaded the Matricom rom, it's now turned your Meson6 box (so called clone) into a Matricom MX2? Does this mean that it will do ota updates from the Matricom server - or will it still require ROMs that bypass the Matricom hardwear check?

Regards
                        Peter
                        1) I have used the AndroidGadget version with preinstalled repos.

2) After installing the SDcard update, the box essentially IS a Matricom device. OTA works, you can install the add-ons from the Matricom update. It does not modify the processor.

The generic g18ref and the mx2ref are identical in hardware, only difference is in software.

From what I hear, AndroidGadget plans to release 3.0.96 version of kernel for this device. When it is out, I will definitely try it and I will also create a boot SD card for this.

Comment

Hello,

@jellywobbles
                          I send them an eMail yesterday, but now it's weekend and I'm not really hopefully to get an answer

@BenniBenassi
                          If "bessky_..." means "Shenzhen Bessky Technology Co., Ltd.", it should be the same, but the Chinese "friends" do cloning everything, so way not the name

So I will thinking about, at which seller I will order... we will see....

Greetings
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hello,

@jellywobbles
                            I send them an eMail yesterday, but now it's weekend and I'm not really hopefully to get an answer

@BenniBenassi
                            If "bessky_..." means "Shenzhen Bessky Technology Co., Ltd.", it should be the same, but the Chinese "friends" do cloning everything, so way not the name

So I will thinking about, at which seller I will order... we will see....

Greetings
                            Up to you where you spend your money....
                            I do not know what the name stands for or who they are, but the shipment was really quick and came to me from Singapore. It worked very well straight out of the box. But I had to start trying to root etc., so eventually I bricked it and then started to find ways how to repair it (this is usual for me when receiving a new Android device).

And voila: thus the thread .

Comment

Up to you where you spend your money....
                              I do not know what the name stands for or who they are, but the shipment was really quick and came to me from Singapore. It worked very well straight out of the box. But I had to start trying to root etc., so eventually I bricked it and then started to find ways how to repair it (this is usual for me when receiving a new Android device).

And voila: thus the thread .
                              Hey man - I just did the same as you!

Now trying your "Almost-idiot proof ROM install and UNBRICK method instruction for AML8726-MX (M6)"

Comment

Originally posted by jellywobbles View Post
                                Hey man - I just did the same as you!

Now trying your "Almost-idiot proof ROM install and UNBRICK method instruction for AML8726-MX (M6)"
                                LOL

Post results here. Should not take more than 10 minutes and you are set.
                                Then remember to make a backup BEFORE whenever you start to feel the need to "TRY DIFFERENT THINGS".

Comment

Working...
                                X