Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For your 2VA release (5/19/17), I assume this is a full release and I can't just update the previous version and have all my settings stay the same? If that is the case, would you be able to also release just an update that we can flash?

Thanks for your time and nice rom.

RCrow

Comment

Hi there,
      first of all I want to thank you for the good work you are doing for this ROM!!!
      With the original ROM of GT1 I've had the issue movies being played very dark and actually unwatchable
      With this ROM this is fixed right out of the box!
      All my movies playing nicely both over wired connection and Wi-Fi no glitches, no stoppages all good

Now, I do have some questions though
      1. Does Andorid TV remote app works with this ROM? I though it does, but I'm trying over Wi-Fi, BT but no luck Do I need to configure or enable something for this work?
      2. There is an option in the "Settings -> Ethernet -> Faked WiFi status". I suppose this corresponds to MINIX's "Eth disguised as WiFi". Am I understanding correctly? I have tried this option and tried to play my HBO GO, but it says again "Connection lost", over WiFi it plays. Actually when I apply this option, in after a while I see in the settings both WiFi and Eht "Not connected"?!?!?! And in the same time there is network, Youtube plays, Kodi plays from my NAS. It is strange

So these are my questions after few days of playing with this ROM

Comment

Originally posted by sirp0p0 View Post
        Has anyone experienced problems trying to "long press" in Chrome or Firefox? I mostly use Chrome but long clicking my mouse on an image won't bring up an option to save it. I'm sure it worked when I first installed the ROM and it stopped working not long after.
        It also happens when slecting text. I just tried to copy text from the post above, and I can highlight it, but long pressing does nothing and releasing the button just deselects it. Tried it with a couple different mice.
        I have the same problem in Firefox as well. The only way I can save an image in by using another browser like Opera Mini.

Also, has anyone noticed the mouse cursor randomly disappearing for random amounts of time? I can still use the mouse but the cursor is invisible and hitting random buttons on my keyboard sometimes makes it reappear.
        I don't have this box anymore, but with the donations people have given me. I'm gonna go ahead and buy this box one more time. I had given it to a family member who wanted it really bad. So I did order it and it should be in late this week if not early next week. Then I will see what you mean about not being able to copy text or save images. It might have been after you did an update with google webview or chrome. I have noticed that google webview and chrome have been acting up on a lot on these custom roms and not just mine. Some of the problems I see people post are the exact same problems other ROM's here on FT are having as well. This has to do with Amlogic's SDK and droidlogic system the way things are hard coded. Also for the issue where the mouse disappears randomly this happens once in a while I've noticed and again not only with my ROM but others of the GT1 ROM's as well. This I haven't figured out what is causing the issue since it's very erratic.

Originally posted by RCrow View Post
        For your 2VA release (5/19/17), I assume this is a full release and I can't just update the previous version and have all my settings stay the same? If that is the case, would you be able to also release just an update that we can flash?
        Thanks for your time and nice rom.

RCrow
        Your welcome and thank you.
        You can boot into recovery then make a Data partition backup and then when you flash my new ROM you can then restore just your Data partition this should keep most of your settings the same. But you still might want to do a manual back just in case of anything else that might be important such as pictures,documents and anything in the external partition. This is what I do when I test things sometimes. I always make a backup of Data partition to an external usb drive or sd card and seems to work pretty well. Like I had mentioned I don't have the box at the moment but if I find time I might try making updates where they can be flashed. But this last update had quite a bit of changes so I would do a usb flash with amlogic's usb burning tool. You should still be able to do the Data partition backup and restore as I had mentioned.

Originally posted by muchoz View Post
        Hi there,
        first of all I want to thank you for the good work you are doing for this ROM!!!
        With the original ROM of GT1 I've had the issue movies being played very dark and actually unwatchable
        With this ROM this is fixed right out of the box!
        All my movies playing nicely both over wired connection and Wi-Fi no glitches, no stoppages all good

Now, I do have some questions though
        1. Does Andorid TV remote app works with this ROM? I though it does, but I'm trying over Wi-Fi, BT but no luck Do I need to configure or enable something for this work?
        2. There is an option in the "Settings -> Ethernet -> Faked WiFi status". I suppose this corresponds to MINIX's "Eth disguised as WiFi". Am I understanding correctly? I have tried this option and tried to play my HBO GO, but it says again "Connection lost", over WiFi it plays. Actually when I apply this option, in after a while I see in the settings both WiFi and Eht "Not connected"?!?!?! And in the same time there is network, Youtube plays, Kodi plays from my NAS. It is strange

So these are my questions after few days of playing with this ROM
        I'm glad to hear things are working for you and so far you're liking my ROM.

1.) No, I don't have Android TV remote setup in my ROM. I have thought of adding it but I would need to do some tests and play with that some more to see if I would want to include that maybe in a later build If I build one.
        2.) Yes, it is part of Minix setup with the wifi disguise. But if you read on their latest firmware they had mentioned in their change logs that it is buggy and they even removed it completely on their latest version of firmware for the U9-H. But I just left it for those who would like to try and play with it in case it works for them on some apps.

Comment

Has anyone experienced problems trying to "long press" in Chrome or Firefox? I mostly use Chrome but long clicking my mouse on an image won't bring up an option to save it. I'm sure it worked when I first installed the ROM and it stopped working not long after.
          It also happens when slecting text. I just tried to copy text from the post above, and I can highlight it, but long pressing does nothing and releasing the button just deselects it. Tried it with a couple different mice.
          I have the same problem in Firefox as well. The only way I can save an image in by using another browser like Opera Mini.

Also, has anyone noticed the mouse cursor randomly disappearing for random amounts of time? I can still use the mouse but the cursor is invisible and hitting random buttons on my keyboard sometimes makes it reappear.
          I have checked with chrome and the long press on an image does not bring up a menu to save images. This issue is on the original firmware from Beelink as well. It acts the exact same way with original Beelink firmware. But on Firefox it does work on both my ROM and Beelink's original ROM. So not sure why it's not working for you. This issue is with chrome. This is something I've seen with other ROM's as well. Chrome has been acting up lately. I have also tested with an older version of chrome it doesn't act like this only with the newer versions.

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

I have checked with chrome and the long press on an image does not bring up a menu to save images. This issue is on the original firmware from Beelink as well. It acts the exact same way with original Beelink firmware. But on Firefox it does work on both my ROM and Beelink's original ROM. So not sure why it's not working for you. This issue is with chrome. This is something I've seen with other ROM's as well. Chrome has been acting up lately. I have also tested with an older version of chrome it doesn't act like this only with the newer versions.
            Okay. I remember it working when I first installed the ROM so it must have been because of the earlier version that came with the ROM. Hopefully it gets fixed by the chrome devs at some point. 

I thought chrome and Firefox were both based on WebKit now and that's why it wasn't working for me in both browsers but I don't know if that's true for the Android versions.

Comment

Okay. I remember it working when I first installed the ROM so it must have been because of the earlier version that came with the ROM. Hopefully it gets fixed by the chrome devs at some point.Â*

I thought chrome and Firefox were both based on WebKit now and that's why it wasn't working for me in both browsers but I don't know if that's true for the Android versions.
              Firefox should work for you. I have installed it and have everything up to date and I can pull up menu when long pressing in the browser. So not sure why your Firefox isn't working for you. Maybe try uninstalling it and re-installing it.
              Last edited by ALVATECH; 06-02-2017, 23:41.

Comment

hello was wondering if this firmware will work for Cooleme MB3 it has the same hardware like GT1 ?

btw firmware 113M0 for GT1 released a few days ago

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
                  hello was wondering if this firmware will work for Cooleme MB3 it has the same hardware like GT1 ?

btw firmware 113M0 for GT1 released a few days ago
                  To be honest I wouldn't know, I haven't seen any reports of this box being flashed with the GT1 ROM's. A lot of these boxes are the same and they're just re-branded (or clones). This box looks exactly like the GT1 except for the logo on top. As always it's a risk you would have to take to see if it works for you if you are willing to try it. As for the 113M0 firmware it's only for the QCA9377 and the changes are very minimal. It seems to only be for a crash with google play that was on their firmware. But this is something that I already have fixed in my ROM so it's not needed. Besides they never released one for the AP6255 as of yet that I know of. So unless I need to add some changes to my ROM or there is a noticeable change then I will update. Also if they release for AP6255 version ROM too.They always seem to fall behind on the AP6255 version which seems strange to me because they are always shipping this version when I order one. So I don't see why they wouldn't update both wireless chipsets at the same time.
                  Last edited by ALVATECH; 06-13-2017, 14:43.

Comment

To be honest I wouldn't know, I haven't seen any reports of this box being flashed with the GT1 ROM's. A lot of these boxes are the same and they're just re-branded (or clones). This box looks exactly like the GT1 except for the logo on top. As always it's a risk you would have to take to see if it works for you if you are willing to try it. As for the 113M0 firmware it's only for the QCA9377 and the changes are very minimal. It seems to only be for a crash with google play that was on their firmware. But this is something that I already have fixed in my ROM so it's not needed. Besides they never released one for the AP6255 as of yet that I know of. So unless I need to add some changes to my ROM or there is a noticeable change then I will update. Also if they release for AP6255 version ROM too.They always seem to fall behind on the AP6255 version which seems strange to me because they are always shipping this version when I order one. So I don't see why they wouldn't update both wireless chipsets at the same time.
                    thanks for reply

i was wondering if you could tell me which bloatware app/services do you always remove from beelink firmware ? i'm using beelink firmware on my other tv-box and i would like to make it little faster

Comment

thanks for reply

i was wondering if you could tell me which bloatware app/services do you always remove from beelink firmware ? i'm using beelink firmware on my other tv-box and i would like to make it little faster
                      I remove some of the apps and scripts that don't get used in my ROM. I also add some of my own. I remove the update apps from beelink, game (zipped apk), some scripts in the kernel, some scripts files from within the system folder, bootanimation from beelink I don't even use any of the apps from beelink I use the apps from the Minix U9-H and I clean those apps up as well with any apk's that I feel are not needed. Also a few other things I can't remember at the moment. These are things that I remove from the ROM before it gets flashed to the box. So you would have to do this with something like the amlogic customization tool. To tell you everything in detail is to much to explain I'm sorry. But you need to be extremely careful when adding and removing things such as scripts and apps. Sometimes your system will not boot up properly if you add or remove the wrong things.

Comment

I remove some of the apps and scripts that don't get used in my ROM. I also add some of my own. I remove update apps from beelink, game (zipped apk), some scripts in the kernel, some scripts files from within the system folder, bootanimation from beelink I don't even use any of the apps from beelink I use the apps from the Minix U9-H and I clean those apps up as well with any apk's that I feel are not needed. Also a few other things I can't remember at the moment. These are things that I remove from the ROM before it gets flashed to the box. So you would have to do this with something like the amlogic customization tool. To tell you everything in detail is to much to explain I'm sorry. But you need to be extremely careful when adding and removing things such as scripts and apps. Sometimes your system will not boot up properly if you add or remove the wrong things.
                        ok thanks for the info

sorry for off topic i have one more question i always have a problem when unpacking firmware .img (Android 6.0.1) I consistently get an error saying "The Startup logo is invalid! do you know any fix for that ?

Comment

ok thanks for the info

sorry for off topic i have one more question i always have a problem when unpacking firmware .img (Android 6.0.1) I consistently get an error saying "The Startup logo is invalid! do you know any fix for that ?
                          This is normal the logo still does work so don't worry about that. They started putting logos now in compressed format this is why you get this error when the bootlogo is compressed. But this is normal and it should still work if you are using the same logo.

Comment

Hi Alvatech!
                            Thank you for this firmware!
                            I've installed in on my box and everything is running well. However, it's not rooted. How can I root it?
                            Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              Hi Alvatech!
                              Thank you for this firmware!
                              I've installed in on my box and everything is running well. However, it's not rooted. How can I root it?
                              Thank you!
                              +1

Comment

Can anyone make an ota upgrade zip with from roms, please?
                                Especially I have A912.
                                That would be super
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X