Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest Can you please provide a Fix for this firmware V0928-fixed.zip ?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, what bug are you referencing?

Originally posted by Shkumba View Post
    Guest Can you please provide a Fix for this firmware V0928-fixed.zip ?
    As some (most) of us have bad batch of box's with issues, we have upgraded to lattes firmware M8S PRO+ NHG47L 20171124.183803.V0928 and can't downgrade to firmware M8S_PRO+-20170829.121614.V0321... Can you please provide a lattes firmware M8S PRO+ NHG47L 20171124.183803.V0928-fixed.zip Please!!

As it stands YOU are the only hope that can FIX our Freezing Boxes!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      If you've got one of the bad batch, you need to install M8S_PRO+-20170829.121614.V0321.img (http://freaktab.org/3acc0ea053ee8feb) using USB Burning Tool.

Hi
    i just got my box from bangood and its with 20171124 firmware , can anyone tell me how i can install lean-back launcher , i really like the interface of lean-back launcher on my mi box and dont like the default launcher of meecool , any idea or guide ?
    regards

Comment

Originally posted by karanchoo View Post
      Hi
      i just got my box from bangood and its with 20171124 firmware , can anyone tell me how i can install lean-back launcher , i really like the interface of lean-back launcher on my mi box and dont like the default launcher of meecool , any idea or guide ?
      regards
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Guest I have tried that several times to instal (http://freaktab.org/3acc0ea053ee8feb) and I was not able to pas 4% on USB Burning Tool. Change all my USB cables but nothing helped. I am so confuse as how you did it that I can't do it???

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know what to tell you. I'd check your cable, but you might have one of the bad batch and the eMMC is failing the bulk write. (That usually manifests as a verification error at the end, though.)

Can someone help me?

Comment

Just bought pro plus version and the box reboots just about Every time I watch a film in kodi happens within an hour,checked temp and it's about 74 Celsius any ideas guys?

Comment

I would try and place a fan of some sort to see if it may be a heat related issue...Just set a typical 12vdc computer fan under the box and use the 5vdc usb as a power source, fan will run slower than designed,
            but it will push air thru the M8S and bring the temperature down. I posted over on the -W thread how I modified my -w to run cooler.

Comment

hello e bought a m8s pro and I want to install libreelec but e seen that the wifi gives problems. Is there any solution for this? Thank you

Comment

mecool m8s pro w 2gb/16gb

Comment

Originally posted by xinxe View Post
                  hello e bought a m8s pro and I want to install libreelec but e seen that the wifi gives problems. Is there any solution for this? Thank you
                  I installed libreelec and bypassed the wifi by using a cheap 802.11ac wireless bridge and can get 80-90Mb/s. I think in libreelec, the wifi still works as it "sees" my SSID. I don't know how well it works, but in Android it only can get 8Mb/s. Just get a wireless AC bridge.

Comment

Hey guys.
                    So, I messed with the build.prop trying to get the chromecast to work and now the box is stuck on boot. I get the mecool screen, then an mbox animation loops forever. I haven't flashed any custom rom so idk where that animation came from. Anyone knows who I can get into recovery mode? I have no reset button. I tried holding 1 while powering up and it didn't do anything. I also tried burn card maker but without recovery I can't do anything.
                    edit: I still have the backup build.prop but I don't know how to restore it.
                    edit2: I just shorted the pins where the reset switch was supposed to be and it entered recovery, all good now.
                    Last edited by fatalerror; 04-27-2018, 08:59.

Comment

Hi everyone how has a bad batch of M8S Pro + (Plus),
                      I almost throw my new box M8S Pro + that had one of the bad batch's and was totally not able to strat e return to life... But now with this firmware it works! It has a bug for Bluetooth but I will refer to post #93 and perform from build.prom I am confident that it will work and now here you have a brand new box with Oreo on Top thanks to this man lewy20041 !

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...eded-wip/page7
                      Last edited by Shkumba; 05-01-2018, 08:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Shkumba View Post
                        Hi everyone how has a bad batch of M8S Pro + (Plus),
                        I almost throw my new box M8S Pro + that had one of the bad batch's and was totally not able to strat e return to life... But now with this firmware it works! It has a bug for Bluetooth but I will refer to post #93 and perform from build.prom I am confident that it will work and now here you have a brand new box with Oreo on Top thanks to this man lewy20041 !

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...eded-wip/page7
                        Hi,

Thanks for posting this.

MeCool M8S Pro +
                        I have loaded it on to my original Bad Batch Box and indeed it runs - Great.

but ...

a few little things ... had to install Solid Explorer to edit the build.prop (couldn't get ES to work) but build.prop doesn't have the above mentioned line in it ? not in the file I found ?? Editing in the line did nothing, so had to delete the bluetooth apk and now not getting the fail notice, which is nice.
                        Have to edit build.prop in
                        /Vendor
                        this is the folder which contains the build.prop that needs editing to
                        config.disable_bluetooth=true
                        This will eliminate the Bluetooth error message.

Only the Filemanager app sees the USB thumbdrive I have installed.
                        ES, SE managers and both Kodi and SPMC can't see it as a drive for some strange reason ?
                        Nice to be able to see a USB drive ...

Difficult to get the file managers to hit the right file as they keep jumping on press ??

No Power button so I installed a simple Power Button app !

All in all way better than a box that freezes after 20 seconds, and very nearly really useable so BIG Thanks Lewy.
                        Heres hoping Magendanz or someone can make a nice ATV version as well.

Lewy is going to be doing more work soon ....

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                        X