Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuffyDawn View Post
    Hello, everyone. I've been reading for a while on this box because obviously I have one. It came with firmware 270715, which was disabling my broadband connection. I decided to update to 20171124 and didn´t like.

How do I downgrade? Anyone can inform of a firmware that has the navigation bar (the one that stays at the bottom of the screen)? Or then someone can point me to a zip or img from M8S_PRO+-20170715.093046.V0321?
    Magendanz, thank you.

However, even the fixed version won't work. It gives a build.prop error and won't start even the installation (Error 7). If I reboot it goes straight to the normal system with 20171124. Am I really stuck with ATV version because I really dislike it?

Is there a way to erase the eMMC completely to the point of partition/format aghain as we do in physical hard drive so that I can do a clean install? If there is no Android in eMMC there won´t be a installation fail due to "a newer version". Yeah, I wiped everything in TWRP before instaling.

I've tried firmwares 20178515, 20170916, 20170715:
    1) by flashing using the Local option in the box menu]
    2) by flashing using sdcard/usb drive
    3) by flashing using card maker: I have TWRP and the sdard was recognized and the instalation didn't start automatically as card maker promises (yeah, I went to the recovery only TWRP, is this a problem?)
    4) with the native recovery and TWRP. Absolutely nothing seems to work.

There is always some error:
    1) can't install because it is older, can't because it failed to mount dev/block/system, file_getpro: failed to stat "system/build.pro"
    2) Error 7
    3) It won't install because "it is for M8S_Pro_Plus" and this is a "P21x" (error E3004, no digest file found")

I've read people here saying they went back and forth between firmwares. Why I can't downgrade? What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      You can use USB Burning Tool. Just download the OEM firmware you need, launch the app, select the .img file, and hit Start.

Then connect the USB OTG cable and type "reboot update" from a terminal window on the M8S PRO+.

Guest Thank you! I solved it by formatting my sdcard and using 2007815 from your archive with Burn Card Maker.

For some reason, the card which was used in this unity since I bought it (3 months), didn't work for flashing. The firmware also had to be downloaded again because the first time it was corrupted.

I'll be doing a contribution for sure.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, that will work too! (BCM is a little more finicky, but it seems you had the magic touch.) I appreciate your support!

Hello everyone. I have a question after firmware update my m8s pro plus box. My box freezes after update latest firmware. Used SD and PC update version. Both have same issue. Can't install older firmware because I get error and system aborted. So what can I do to get my box back to life? Thanks for help.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you might have one of the bad batch with eMMC issues.

Sounds bad. My Box is from geekbyuing. Have it only one week. Let's see what the shop says. Hopefully I get a new one.

Comment

Guest I have update my box on lattes firmware V0928 and is freezing. Can you please, please te me and others (if the are so) how to fix (save) our box's bay telling us step by step as you talk to a 10 year old kid, witch firmware to download and where? witch tool to use USB Burning with PC ore Burn_Card with MicroSD card, How to install what to pres. I have experience on fix boxes (not as you) but now I am dead. I know that you hate to write steps but please help us save our box's form through in them in waste???

Comment

I bought mine at geekbuying (they told it is the new batch) shipped with android 7 (it is a mix of android and android tv) and from some time to time it "freezes".
        ex. I go to google play, nothing loads and eventually, it freezes... button does not respond (or sometime home button works but there is a huge delay of 30 seconds).... I can still move the mouse cursor when it freezes though but nothing works...

is it normal? is the cpu just sluggish?

Comment

Hi there, i'm searching a way to change wallpaper of the stock rom/home.
          Does anyone know the path for wallpaper file?

Comment

Originally posted by yeahman45 View Post
            I bought mine at geekbuying (they told it is the new batch) shipped with android 7 (it is a mix of android and android tv) and from some time to time it "freezes".
            ex. I go to google play, nothing loads and eventually, it freezes... button does not respond (or sometime home button works but there is a huge delay of 30 seconds).... I can still move the mouse cursor when it freezes though but nothing works...

is it normal? is the cpu just sluggish?
            Not normal !

Comment

Can this play 4k Netflix/YouTube?

Comment

Originally posted by ddogishere View Post
                Can this play 4k Netflix/YouTube?
                1080p Netflix and 4K YouTube.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks, his can I get 4k Netflix?

Comment

Originally posted by ddogishere View Post
                    Thanks, his can I get 4k Netflix?
                    NO!
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Which box does 4k Netflix?

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Not normal !
                        is it the same issue with some devices with faulty emmc?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda932 View Post
                          Hi there, i'm searching a way to change wallpaper of the stock rom/home.
                          Does anyone know the path for wallpaper file?
                          Hi, Nobody to help me on this?

Comment

Working...
                          X