Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aarryy View Post

I don't know what you mean with navigation bar, can you give me more word ?
    The logo is named play store but inside, it's not like my phone
    in about, i've got this version : 7.9.34.q-xhdpi 8 PR 159126641
    Just wondering if there's an option to enable the navigation bar, the bar at the bottom with the home, back and recent apps button etc. The setting would be in the display settings if anything.

The firmware before removed this option completely and there was no way to enable the navigation bar. There was a setting to enable it in the the 815 firmware.

It seems like the play store is the Android TV version, not the regular version, which is unfortunate... it's more limited AFAIK.

Comment

I just purchased a used mecool m8s pro plus tv box.. When I started it up it went into Recovery Mode. I have tried all the options available there for Factory Data Reset, reset button hold on boot and rebbot application from google play store, but none of them let me proceed on to the next steps of setup. I am on an infinite loop back to the Recovery Mode. Any suggestions?

Comment

If returning and getting a refund is not an option, I would try the USB burning tool method to write a stock image to the box.

Comment

Hi, i had a flickering issue with this box on my samsung tv which i thought i solved by turning hdcp off in the developer options but it has started again. Ive noticed my tv has recently recognised my box as a pc as it says it on the hdmi ext. I am guessing this is what is causing my problem is there any way of stopping this? Thanks.

Ive managed to change the box from a pc to cable box on the tv and it seems to have fixed it. Theres always something with this box. Ha
        Last edited by zabba; 12-17-2017, 13:40.

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

The Pro+ doesn't really need a bigger HS unless the std. one is badly glued. Even then you can just glue it down properly.

22x22x15 will fit but makes the lid fit with a small gap, not a bad thing to me.

Just received the M8S Pro+ boxes.

Ran over 80°C while restoring my build in Kodi.

Let it cool down then opened Kodi and a 1080p lives stream. Was at 85°C in less than 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Let it cool down then opened Kodi and a 1080p lives stream. Was at 85°C in less than 30 minutes.
            Hi,

Just testing my latest out of the box Pro+ and running at 80°C, Kodi HD file

Popped off the lid and the HS came straight off with one twist !!!
            Thick silicone glue.
            V0619 OEM FW
            Replaced quickly with MX2 paste (just resting on SOC) and now running at 60°C

Changed to 22x22x15 with MX2 - running at 57°C

Good glue sparingly applied seems good enough .... Quick testing !

Different box - Same HS - Magendanz ATV V0619 - running at 54°C
            May be better seating ? Cooler FW
            Measurement error ?
            ????

Updated Box2 to latest ATV V0928 and .... HOTTER ~63°C ?!? Strange !
            Last edited by P.X; 12-18-2017, 14:42. Reason: Updated Box2

Comment

Hi,

Just testing my latest out of the box Pro+ and running at 80°C, Kodi HD file

Popped off the lid and the HS came straight off with one twist !!!
              Thick silicone glue.
              V0619 OEM FW
              Replaced quickly with MX2 paste (just resting on SOC) and now running at 60°C

Changed to 22x22x15 with MX2 - running at 57°C

Good glue sparingly applied seems good enough .... Quick testing !

Different box - Same HS - Magendanz ATV V0619 - running at 54°C
              May be better seating ? Cooler FW
              Measurement error ?
              ????

Updated Box2 to latest ATV V0928 and .... HOTTER ~63°C ?!? Strange !
              You really believe that yourself when you say that by spreading the silicone a bit sparser you decrease 20°C?

Comment

Hi,
                As per my last post (edit), you may want to try a V0619 FW if you aren't already ?

Comment

Hi,
                  As per my last post (edit), you may want to try a V0619 FW if you aren't already ?
                  I was considering that but haven't got an answer to my post in the respective thread that my Nand is safe to flash.

Comment

You really believe that yourself when you say that by spreading the silicone a bit sparser you decrease 20°C?
                    That's what CPUTemp was telling me ... I have however just reverted to ATV V0619 and it is now reading 63°C so .... ?

Will try the OEM Box1 again in a min ....

Comment

That's what CPUTemp was telling me ... I have however just reverted to ATV V0619 and it is now reading 63°C so .... ?

Will try the OEM Box1 again in a min ....
                      To test a temperature you need to run a full HD live stream in Kodi for at least 45 minutes, otherwise your results don't make any sense.

Comment

To test a temperature you need to run a full HD live stream in Kodi for at least 45 minutes, otherwise your results don't make any sense.
                        OK - I was doing 20min runs. Did mention "quick testing".

40min OEM V0619 - KODI - HD 720P File (I don't do streaming) 70°C

Not as good as I posted from 20min runs but better than with Stock Glue (80°C was after 10-20min too)

Last edited by P.X; 12-19-2017, 01:27.

Comment

My M8S Pro+ ran at 78-79c before running Magendanz rom based on the 0906 dated firmware. Now that I've updated his ROM based on the new 1128 dated firmware, my M8S Pro+ seems to run noticeably cooler, around 4-5c cooler. Box overall seems more stable with few to no bugs.

Comment

Re-run Box2 22x22x15 HS
                            40min V0928 ATV - KODI HD 720P File 66/67°C

Wait ....
                            Re-run ..... 63/64°C
                            ??

Ah well !
                            Last edited by P.X; 12-19-2017, 02:08.

Comment

i emailed geekbuying and they said they refund the bad batch and the ones in stock is a new batch now. So, I ordered one. let's see

Comment

Working...
                              X