Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had V08.15+SEC713 updated to Nano Rom. Often i need 3 sometimes i need 10 reboots until the box starts and is usable ....Often just boots until the animation and there it animates until i turn off/on again, sometimes it's freezing during the animation, sometimes it starts but something stopped working (for example system ui), than have to reboot it again. Once it started successfully, it's works amazing good (like use it 10 hours for hd movies)

If i do a factory reset than it's good for 2-3 days (equals 2-3 turning offs and turning ons) using and powering off the night. But than after the 3/4 time turning on, same problems appear until factory reset.

Anyone has a idea???

Comment

coupon code : Bfriday015 (limited 100)
      coupon price : $30.99
      Start date : 2017.11.14 03:00
      Gearbest : https://goo.gl/zKaFSi

Comment

Has anyone managed to get the chromecast working on the latest stock update?

Comment

Any news on bluetooth support on this yet? If not...what are the alternatives for me who wants BT. S912? Mecool M8s pro L?

Comment

Speaking of the stock ATV variant - have there been any updates after 0919?

Comment

Originally posted by hansdampf View Post
              I had V08.15+SEC713 updated to Nano Rom. Often i need 3 sometimes i need 10 reboots until the box starts and is usable ....Often just boots until the animation and there it animates until i turn off/on again, sometimes it's freezing during the animation, sometimes it starts but something stopped working (for example system ui), than have to reboot it again. Once it started successfully, it's works amazing good (like use it 10 hours for hd movies)

If i do a factory reset than it's good for 2-3 days (equals 2-3 turning offs and turning ons) using and powering off the night. But than after the 3/4 time turning on, same problems appear until factory reset.

Anyone has a idea???
              Sounds like a Bad Batch Box

Is this happening with the original FW version re-installed ?

Try to get a warranty replacement if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Sounds like a Bad Batch Box

Is this happening with the original FW version re-installed ?

Try to get a warranty replacement if you can.
                Same with V08.15, with V09.19 and with Nano Rom. But figured out that doing wipe data/factory reset doesn't clear all my data, for example wallpapers i downloaded, kodi addons are still there after wipe data. Maybe the old and the new rom data interferes and leads to my problems. Once i saw that after reboot the play services updates were away and i had the old version of it and play services stopped working or system ui stopped working popup

Comment

Hi!
                  I'm sorry, but my English is bad.
                  I install twrp.p21x-3.1.1-0-signed.zip from recovery. Since then there is no recovery. What should I do?
                  Last edited by maddone; 11-16-2017, 13:23.

Comment

does this box not go into standy ?
                  everytime i hit the power button then turn back on it reboot from the start (meaning it turned off)

yes i know about the power setting, and its set to sleep now !

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, this is is a known issue with the underlying OEM firmware from VideoStrong. Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't fixed it yet.

Originally posted by maddone View Post
                  Hi!
                  I'm sorry, but my English is bad.
                  I install twrp.p21x-3.1.1-0-signed.zip from recovery. Since then there is no recovery. What should I do?
                  I guess you downloaded using the link in Megandanz ATV ROM. The link is pointing to other TWRP.

@Megandanz, please update the link. ;-)

Download the twrp.p21x-3.1.1-0.img. Click the link.

Rename to recovery.img

You can flash using the terminal. with this command:

su
                  dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Okay, the link is fixed.

Hi all!

I've recently received this tv box and I now have many questions and doubts about it. I thought I could immediately jump to Magendanz excellent custom ATV rom but it turned out my box is at an increased risk of brick :/ It's a V08.15 + SEC713 emmc so I rather hesitate to flash it although after couple of days of usage it doesn't seem to suffer from any freezes. So maybe eventually I shall try.

Back to questions:
                  1. Is it normal to have a soc temperature of 75-85 *C when playing video (youtube full hd)? Even when idles it's ~60 *C. Do you know what is a threshold of throttling for this chip?
                  2. How to switch between open apps with stock remote?
                  3. How to kill an app on demand?
                  4. How to make an app autostart (I'd like to have cpu temp. always shown) ?
                  5. Do you have some tried and tested method of access to materials from DLNA server in network? MX Player and other players I tried seem to be able to play only local files.

It's my first TV Box so those may be noob questions but I'd be grateful if one could help me.
                  Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by duboisbrian View Post
                  does this box not go into standy ?
                  everytime i hit the power button then turn back on it reboot from the start (meaning it turned off)

yes i know about the power setting, and its set to sleep now !
                  I've got same problem. I tried 3 ways:
                  1) Powerkey setting option to sleep of course - fail (unit simply switches off)
                  2) Set to sleep after 30 min of inactivity - fail (unit simply switches off)
                  3) Set the screensaver to turn off screen after 5 minutes of inactivity - fail (unit simply switches off)

So as Magendanz wrote, it's impossible to stand-by the device
                  Last edited by Davvid; 11-17-2017, 22:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Davvid View Post
                    Hi all!

I've recently received this tv box and I now have many questions and doubts about it. I thought I could immediately jump to Magendanz excellent custom ATV rom but it turned out my box is at an increased risk of brick :/ It's a V08.15 + SEC713 emmc so I rather hesitate to flash it although after couple of days of usage it doesn't seem to suffer from any freezes. So maybe eventually I shall try.
                    I have the same SEC713 eMMC, and I flashed two times with the stock ROM. So far it does not brick yet, so maybe not all SEC713 are bad.

Comment

Originally posted by acefr View Post

I have the same SEC713 eMMC, and I flashed two times with the stock ROM. So far it does not brick yet, so maybe not all SEC713 are bad.
                      Have also SEC713 and V08.15, updated twice no brick but the problems during start are still there -> now i'm trying not to power off ....3 days without problems because i didn't turn off

Comment

Thanks guys, that's really encouraging! I may try to update soon.

Comment

Originally posted by tantrums View Post

I guess you downloaded using the link in Megandanz ATV ROM. The link is pointing to other TWRP.

@Megandanz, please update the link. ;-)

Download the twrp.p21x-3.1.1-0.img. Click the link.

Rename to recovery.img

You can flash using the terminal. with this command:

su
                          dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery
                          Thank you!
                          I do not know how to do this.: "You can flash using the terminal. with this command: su dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery"
                          Otherwise, I solved it. Not TWRP is only recovery
                          The link does not work

---
                          The twrp still does not work.
                          Can I request a detailed description?
                          Last edited by maddone; 11-20-2017, 20:45.

Comment

Working...
                          X