Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luscas27
    replied
    Originally posted by allandacruz89 View Post

Man I think he is taking about to wipe the ROM.. Go to recovery and do a wipe as you were install a new ROM, and reboot.. It will clean your ROM like a factory reset.. Not physical button to reset as you're thinking..
    Oooh sorry! I selected wipe the ROM when I update and clean all too.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by luscas27 View Post

No... I did the OTA uptdade but i din't found the reset button. I'll try later download the DRMinfo and post the result.
    I mean to go into Android settings and do the reset.

Leave a comment:

• allandacruz89
    replied

No... I did the OTA uptdade but i din't found the reset button. I'll try later download the DRMinfo and post the result.
    Man I think he is taking about to wipe the ROM.. Go to recovery and do a wipe as you were install a new ROM, and reboot.. It will clean your ROM like a factory reset.. Not physical button to reset as you're thinking..

Leave a comment:

• luscas27
    replied
    Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Did you do a system reset?? Also, you need to install the Aptoid apk so you can side load other apps. Then download and install the DRMinfo app again.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Hello everyone! I updated my mecool m8s pro+ for this rom because I was some problems with the netflix app. I was using the stock rom of Mecool m8s pro+ and one day to another the netflix app stop working, i tried to instal another versions of netflix app but all of them has the same problem, they stop when appear the name "Netflix", some versions stop in a black screen... I am use the apps Kodi, Youtube, mxplayer and anothers with no problems, yesterday I've tried to instal the app DRMInfo by playstore to see the Widelvine level but it don't open too. Someone know what problem I have and how can I solucted? Thanks!
    Did you do a system reset?? Also, you need to install the Aptoid apk so you can side load other apps. Then download and install the DRMinfo app again.

Leave a comment:

• luscas27
    replied
    Hello everyone! I updated my mecool m8s pro+ for this rom because I was some problems with the netflix app. I was using the stock rom of Mecool m8s pro+ and one day to another the netflix app stop working, i tried to instal another versions of netflix app but all of them has the same problem, they stop when appear the name "Netflix", some versions stop in a black screen... I am use the apps Kodi, Youtube, mxplayer and anothers with no problems, yesterday I've tried to instal the app DRMInfo by playstore to see the Widelvine level but it don't open too. Someone know what problem I have and how can I solucted? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• suarez23
    replied
    Guys, do you know how to force to work Android TV Remote in the last ATV Rom ? I've read somewhere on this forum there are problems with this service (over wifi) but some older version of this service worked OK. Maybe there is way to solve this problem like it was with youtube (delete apk in root)??? Unfortunately I coudn't find this service in root to swap it with older one. Do you know any solution for that?
    I know that Cetus remote works OK but I need something smaller, simpler with mic over wifi.

Leave a comment:

• struthm8
    replied
    Hello knowledgeable M8S Pro+ people.
    Thankyou very much for the time and knowledge you all put into this device.
    I have resurrected my M8S Pro+ from the cupboard and upgraded to the 20171208.183013.V0928
    I have checked the Samsung eMMC chip and it says Samsung 646 KLMAG2WEPD-B031. Since that does not match the eMMC mentioned in post #1 I thought I was OK.
    I have a problem that the device powers off during basic use soon after startup.

After power up I use the remote and move down to "apps" row. Then scroll back and forth across the 5 apps.
    After about 3 time across and back, across and back, across and back, it shows on the screen that it is powering down and it shutsdown.

I have done a wipe with TWRP just to make sure. So it is now clean with no other APK's installed.
    I have left the lid of case off for ventilation to heatsink. It does not feel hot to touch when the issue occurs.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Flaviometal
    replied
    Hello guys! Any news on Amazon Prime app working on M8S Pro+ with this new firmware? This is something that would make me update. I'm not having any problem with older firmware. At least for a while...

Leave a comment:

• allandacruz89
    replied
    Originally posted by harckan View Post
    Hi everone, allandacruz89, gekeer, pdjm

I solved the problem with YouTube, version stock new ROM 2.02.14 is the problem.

1. Remove YouTube stock. I remove with ES File Explorer in root options.
    2. Reboot
    3. Install apk YouTube TV version 2.02.08 link above.
    4. Run fine

ps. disable automatic update in google play store

leave feedback

------------------

suarez23 , I have Mecool M8S Pro + with Bad Batch Samsung, I clean installed this new Build and run fine in this time, better than the previous build, no crash or reboot.
    Thank you bro! Now everything is fine man!

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    To be honest, I never even noticed that button there.

Leave a comment:

• suarez23
    replied
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• suarez23
    replied

Using the same Aptoid **store**, search for "reboot". Pick one and install it. Use the "TV APP Repo" to create a link to your home page.

What is wrong with the On/Off button on your remote?? In settings, you can change what that button does. Also, if you **depress** that button and hold it, it should give you a selection on what to do.
    My remote is OK but I'm using it only to power on to be true. For most of the time I'm using mouse or mini wifi keybord, therfore it would be more convinient to use that button (OFF) on the screen.
    I've already added some shortcuts with the "TV APP Repo" and I must say it works great but the "power" icon from the screens on this forum look like it was integrated part of ATV. It is not added to apps line or games but at the bottom of the page. I'm not an expert and I'm just curious if there is a way to activate it, that it look like on the screens. Maybe that button was part of previous ATV rom and it is not avaliable in the newest one???

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by suarez23 View Post

Thanks mate. I got one more question. How to get "power off" button on the home page. I've seen on the screens on this forum there is one next to "app draws" but I don't have it. Is there any way to get that button in the newest ATV rom ?:
    Using the same Aptoid **store**, search for "reboot". Pick one and install it. Use the "TV APP Repo" to create a link to your home page.

What is wrong with the On/Off button on your remote?? In settings, you can change what that button does. Also, if you **depress** that button and hold it, it should give you a selection on what to do.

Leave a comment:

• suarez23
    replied

Use a third party "store" like Aptoid, and download and install "TV APP Repo", that will create a linked thumbnail on your main page. Or use your Chrome browser on your Android box and go to this link.

https://apkpure.com/tv-app-repo/news...repo.playstore
    Thanks mate. I got one more question. How to get "power off" button on the home page. I've seen on the screens on this forum there is one next to "app draws" but I don't have it. Is there any way to get that button in the newest ATV rom ?:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X