Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV4A-ATV 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 - ANDROIDTV VERSION)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all, a big thank you to SuperCeleron for making this great rom. Respect!

So here are a few problems I've encountered:
    - the Youtube app sometimes plays just audio on black screen, and sometimes it plays video in 4:3 format. exiting the video and then replaying it fixes the issue. I am having this problem since v3 and it doesn't happen every day but it's still frequent enough.

- playing videos from network (hdd connected to the router) results in video delay (audio is a couple of second ahead of the video). this issue is also present from v3 on (I didn't try v1,v2)

One thing that may be useful to some is to add the "30 steps volume" for media. Simple build.prop line that makes volume changes with the remote a lot more accurate.

Anyway, is there an easy way to disable the navigation and action bar?

Comment

Originally posted by hcardoso483 View Post
      You need to do toothpic method and copy stock recoveryto the root of the sd card , the youll be god to go, sorry for so late response

Enviado do meu GT-N8000 através de Tapatalk
      My problem is that I can't get the box to reboot into recovery or TWRP as it used to do with SCV3. How can I get it to reboot into recovery IF my box gets stuck on BOOT Logo of SCV4???

Thanks for the 1st response that wasn't repetitive - So can you provide a link for this "Stock" recovery? I have all my previously used recovery images. (v2.8, 3.11, etc.) - So I'm wondering if it's a version I don't have.

I want to have the right version, if I don't have it already - jst in case i figure out how to get this box out of being stuck in boot-logo and into Recovery mode.
      Last edited by Wyle; 10-21-2017, 04:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyle View Post

My problem is that I can't get the box to reboot into recovery or TWRP as it used to do with SCV3. How can I get it to reboot into recovery IF my box gets stuck on BOOT Logo of SCV4???

Thanks for the 1st response that wasn't repetitive - So can you provide a link for this "Stock" recovery? I have all my previously used recovery images. (v2.8, 3.11, etc.)
        hmm weird, install terminal emulator and write "reboot recovery", if it boots ok to it, then is the app that have some problem... if it wont i think some flashes are going wrong when flashing the TWRP!

Comment

SuperCeleron- You're ALIVE! I've tried to get messages to you about this situation and everyone else has responded except you!

Any chance you will come out with a updated firmware Image I can flash with USB Burning Tool? It would solve this problem of mine.

Comment

• superceleron
            superceleron commented
            Editing a comment
            Well lucky im still alive lol... Just to damn busy, this new job takes me must of my time!
            I will think about it, if i have the time to do it, since i need to convert it to img again from ota...

Had this problem trying to flash scv4 with card burner 
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• superceleron
            superceleron commented
            Editing a comment
            Hoo?
            SCV4 is not to be used in sdcard burner, is to be flashed by twrp(recovery).

Hi All
          Quick question and happy for you to point me elsewhere. How to I work out the version of H96 Pro that I have?
          Mine is 2/16GB but beyond that have no idea. Any help would be appreciated.
          BTW I gather I have DDR3 RAM - if I go ahead and flash this version and its not suitable will it simply fail to install?
          Last edited by madmanjack; 10-21-2017, 12:49.

Comment

SuperCeleron - "since i need to convert it to img again from ota..."

Does this mean you start firmwares as IMG and convert to OTA? Why not post those IMG files while you have it in that format, THEN repost OTA version for those who want it?

Wouldn't that be easy since you already have IMG files at the beginning of your process?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            As a side note:
            I often burn one ROM over another to test the various ROM's out there...using USB BURN Tool & IMG files (Very EASY) .... but coming back to yours after testing other ROM's (as IMG files) means I can't just burn your latest ROM (IMG) because I'd have to use OTA route AFTER burning SCV4 (IMG) using USB Burn tool - Too many steps. (my box won't do OTA)

Comment

• superceleron
              superceleron commented
              Editing a comment
              No they do not start as img... they start as a folder!

Hi,
            I have a new box. I tried to download mixplorer but the box have crashed. So i decided to install the rom of this topic... The first installation failed and after flashing scv1 with succes, the box reboot and the installation starts for 2 to 20 seconds then the screen crash. Same issue in twrp. For the crash, Some time screen is yellow or green, some time it's gray/White pixels for a few seconds then the screen goes black.

What do you think ?

Last edited by Oops; 10-22-2017, 08:13.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

hmm weird, install terminal emulator and write "reboot recovery", if it boots ok to it, then is the app that have some problem... if it wont i think some flashes are going wrong when flashing the TWRP!
              Ok, after a prolonged series of messages back and forth - I finally got the box to work.

The Answer: ReFLASH SCV4 with "USB BURNING Tool".

Prologue: Even though "SCV4" had been successfully installed the first time, the box would not boot into recovery mode nor would it allow for OTA UPDATES of SCV5 or SC7a.

Epilogue: Once SCV4 re-Flashed, All is well.. No APPS or Settings were erased (No backup possible because BOX could not be rooted)... but all works now - OTA updated SCV7a and MAGIC 14.2 Installed without any problems!

Comment

Originally posted by Wyle View Post

Ok, after a prolonged series of messages back and forth - I finally got the box to work.

The Answer: ReFLASH SCV4 with "USB BURNING Tool".

Prologue: Even though "SCV4" had been successfully installed the first time, the box would not boot into recovery mode nor would it allow for OTA UPDATES of SCV5 or SC7a.

Epilogue: Once SCV4 re-Flashed, All is well.. No APPS or Settings were erased (No backup possible because BOX could not be rooted)... but all works now - OTA updated SCV7a and MAGIC 14.2 Installed without any problems!
                Good, bad flash.. even if it looks ok that dont mean its really ok... not on this boxes lol!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Good, bad flash.. even if it looks ok that dont mean its really ok... not on this boxes lol!
                  Yeah, I wanted to let you know because there were many other people who had the same complaint as me -OTA UPdaTES not working; Not able to boot into RECOVERY, etc.

I believe this was the source of all those problems.

Unfortunately many people were just sending me the same message as a fix "Try toothpick method" - even after I explicitly posted that the "toothpick method" was not working.

You may want to post this solution in big CAPS because many people aren't seeing this solution in the various forums for your ROM's, especially the SCV7(a) forum!

Personally, I'm glad it worked out without me having to resort to Flashing/Erasing the box and starting over with another ROM.

Comment

Interesting that photos of the board no long include the hidden usb plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by chaveiro View Post
                      Interesting that photos of the board no long include the hidden usb plugs.
                      https://imgur.com/gallery/qvyHM
                      It's my box. For what I could understand ... It's a box gearbest / wisdom. No rom works. No rom works. Except the rom wisdom

Comment

Also noted that a chip is missing gl850g that is an usb hub. Maybe other hardware changes are locking you to that original rom.

Comment

For sure. I am really disappointed with gearbest.
                          AIDA64 https://imgur.com/gallery/iqIA3

Comment

Working...
                          X