Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest i made the ota-update with the file which you indicated me in my post #25 (file name had the date 20171202) - see my picture 1 and 3. (in pic3 is the file name with the 02,december date)

then i installed the zip file from the inserted sd-card and the update worked fine without any issues.

but when i checked then the version/build number it showed the former date 20171127 - see picture 2 (aida 64 screen) - so it seems the it installed a version before and not the newest?
    perhaps you gave the wrong link in my post? or it shows me your newest rom with date 27.november?

other issue: i could activate the navigation bar in the display settings as you informed me - see picture 2 - but when i make it unhide i cannot reactivate it easily, must go once more to settings. normally in other roms (for example my alfawise box) i can wipe with the mouse and the the navigation bar appears again.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Last edited by tombraga; 12-05-2017, 22:13.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the release date for the custom ROM in the filename won't correspond to the build date of the OEM firmware upon which it's based, which you'll see in Settings->About->Build. If you check the release notes, I put the OEM firmware version there with a link (in case you want to revert to stock OEM firmware).

And yes, you can enable the navigation bar in settings, but then if you dismiss it you'll have to return back to the Settings menu to turn it back on. I'll admit, the design isn't as good as the Shiningworth ROMs, where you can drag it back up from the bottom edge.

Guest thanks for your so good informations, all very clear and helpful. And principally thanks for this great rom which i like very much.

on my other 2 alfawise tv-boxes h96 pro+ i installed on one box the supersu and on the other the magisk. i did this also on my other rooted laptop and smartphone, because sometimes i lost the root and in this way i flashed supersu (or magisk) and had root again. Sure never have the both on same device, not working.

You can see on my picture 3 that i have already on the micro-sd the both zip-files, supersu and magisk (newest versions)

now my question Guest : have i any advantage to install now one of the both (perhaps Magisk) on my mecool box now with your latest rom which i installed? Or it is not necessary and no advantage?

So if there is no advantage, i would not install, less installed, more space.

One more question Guest :

above on the left side in the notifications always appears message from android system to configure the physical keyboard, I already klicked on it and under aml_keypad i choosed the swiftkey-board which i have installed and i use.

then there is other option wher is enabled. show display-keyboard, i let this enabled.

but always this message returns when i switch on and use my box, how i can resolve this, not to show more this?
    Last edited by tombraga; 12-07-2017, 06:26.

Comment

Happy Christmas to you, Guest

here my greetings from Portugal to you with a screenprint from my box with your rom installed. I use Nova Launcher Prime, as i bought it some time ago and use it on all my android devices.

works fine with your rom too.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Sorry, but this rom has the play store for android tv or full?

Comment

Originally posted by Niccolo View Post
        Sorry, but this rom has the play store for android tv or full?
        full play store (as it has root)

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

full play store (as it has root)
          Thanks

Comment

to update with the app "Update" the zip file I insert it on sd card?

Comment

Originally posted by Niccolo View Post
              to update with the app "Update" the zip file I insert it on sd card?
              Yes, I did it in this way and it worked fine. Easy job.

Comment

Guest thanks for your so good informations, all very clear and helpful. And principally thanks for this great rom which i like very much.

on my other 2 alfawise tv-boxes h96 pro+ i installed on one box the supersu and on the other the magisk. i did this also on my other rooted laptop and smartphone, because sometimes i lost the root and in this way i flashed supersu (or magisk) and had root again. Sure never have the both on same device, not working.

You can see on my picture 3 that i have already on the micro-sd the both zip-files, supersu and magisk (newest versions)

now my question Guest : have i any advantage to install now one of the both (perhaps Magisk) on my mecool box now with your latest rom which i installed? Or it is not necessary and no advantage?

So if there is no advantage, i would not install, less installed, more space.

One more question Guest :

above on the left side in the notifications always appears message from android system to configure the physical keyboard, I already klicked on it and under aml_keypad i choosed the swiftkey-board which i have installed and i use.

then there is other option wher is enabled. show display-keyboard, i let this enabled.

but always this message returns when i switch on and use my box, how i can resolve this, not to show more this?
                Guest waiting still for the 2 answers, perhaps you didn't notice the questions, thanks

Comment

was so happy with my first experiences with this box and the new rom, but now::::???

i was watching a youtube clip (Marques Brownlee) in full screen and then tried to change the quality configuration (was predefined in 720), i put the maximum, then i got pixels...ok - changed to automatic

then once more pixels and then suddenly the box reboot alone,,,very strange.

this repeated 2-3 times (the reboot), even i configured the quality settings in the youtube to automatic.

no i choosed other youtube clip and it´w working, but also the quality is there standard 720, don´t want to change this more, normally this quality is sufficient for me...

but very strange behavior, never had this issue with my Alfawise 98 pro + box...

what can it be, Guest ?
                  Last edited by tombraga; 12-07-2017, 13:53.

Comment

was so happy with my first experiences with this box and the new rom, but now::::???

i was watching a youtube clip (Marques Brownlee) in full screen and then tried to change the quality configuration (was predefined in 720), i put the maximum, then i got pixels...ok - changed to automatic

then once more pixels and then suddenly the box reboot alone,,,very strange.

this repeated 2-3 times (the reboot), even i configured the quality settings in the youtube to automatic.

no i choosed other youtube clip and it´w working, but also the quality is there standard 720, don´t want to change this more, normally this quality is sufficient for me...

but very strange behavior, never had this issue with my Alfawise 98 pro + box...

what can it be, Guest ?
                    overheating most likely....put a better heatsink on with better thermal paste

Comment

Originally posted by gogeta View Post

overheating most likely....put a better heatsink on with better thermal paste
                      thanks, but i am quite shure, that was not overheating, i have controlled the temp with a app and was showing only 51º C when happened and which absolutely normal.

might be some probleme relating to the display settings, happened when i changed the quality settings to 4k in the Marques Brownlee youtube clip.

let´s wee, perhaps Guest has an idea.

I really don´t have any heating problem with this box until now, I am using a effective cooler
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Is this with the new version based on the 20171127.165619.V0928 OEM release? We were told this would address problems with lock-ups and spontaneous reboots.

somebody already installed Magisk on this rom android 7.1 (not TV)?

here is the newest 14.5 version (beta) https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...618589/page455

Comment

thanks, but i am quite shure, that was not overheating, i have controlled the temp with a app and was showing only 51º C when happened and which absolutely normal.

might be some probleme relating to the display settings, happened when i changed the quality settings to 4k in the Marques Brownlee youtube clip.

let´s wee, perhaps Guest has an idea.

I really don´t have any heating problem with this box until now, I am using a effective cooler
                        Yes, with date 27.11.2017, see my pic2 of my posting #31 here.

As I explained in details, this happened only when I changed the quality settings in a YouTube clip (to 4K).

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Unfortunately, I don't have a 4K TV, and so I don't know how effective I'm going to be at troubleshooting this problem. Anyone want to buy me one? ;-)

somebody already installed Magisk on this rom android 7.1 (not TV)?

here is the newest 14.5 version (beta) https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...618589/page455
                        Install 14.0 version, thats the stable version.

Comment

Working...
                        X