Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to flash this rom only with a usb stick?
    Or I must buy eighter a sd card or an usb to usb cable?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      You should be able to install the OTA update (.zip file) via USB flash drive.

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post

Install 14.0 version, thats the stable version.
    But i have already supersu installed and it´s not so easy to change to Magisk.

Here is a good tutorial to do it:

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...tynet-0177578/

my questions:

do i needd really unroot-process as explained in the tutorial? (see picture 1)

is it necessary to flash the verify zip-file? (see picture 2)

or is it possible, that i only reinstall the Guest rom (without wiping data for not to loose all), so with this reinstalling of the rom, the supersu is also uninstalled? perhaps it´s enought to reinstall the rom and uninstall only the supersu app?

and then install Magisk.
    Attached Files

Comment

For some reason, my screensaver is not working. I flashed the Nano version, everything looks fine despite the screensaver. I've set it to 15 seconds, chose the clock but it doesn't work..
      Can anyone help?

EDIT: Flashed the Stock version over the Nano and still no screensaver.. I wanted this feature to not create burn-in in my TV..

EDIT2: Can anyone confirm the ROM has screensaver working?
      Last edited by gonsa; 12-09-2017, 18:36.

Comment

Originally posted by apoklyps3 View Post
        Is it possible to flash this rom only with a usb stick?
        Or I must buy eighter a sd card or an usb to usb cable?
        Usb stick is enough. Put the ota file in the stick and do an local update using the update app.

Comment

Even if I come from original firmware?
          Just got the box and i find it extremly slow and laggy. Also android tv firmware doesn't fit my needs...

Comment

Guest I've managed to get a usb to usb cable now. You mention that an OTA update would work too, but I come from stock rom.
            Wich method would you recommend?

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              On this device, the USB Burning Tool method is more awkward because it doesn't have a reset switch. So, most people will opt for the OTA update, since it can be installed from the Update app using only the remote control.

(After you update, you can get back to the Amlogic Update app from Settings->About->System Update.)

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

But i have already supersu installed and it´s not so easy to change to Magisk.

Here is a good tutorial to do it:

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...tynet-0177578/

my questions:

do i needd really unroot-process as explained in the tutorial? (see picture 1)

is it necessary to flash the verify zip-file? (see picture 2)

or is it possible, that i only reinstall the Guest rom (without wiping data for not to loose all), so with this reinstalling of the rom, the supersu is also uninstalled? perhaps it´s enought to reinstall the rom and uninstall only the supersu app?

and then install Magisk.
            Guest can you please answer me to my post here, thanks

Or sweetnonso do you can help me?
            Last edited by tombraga; 12-10-2017, 16:05.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Doesn't SuperSU have a complete uninstall option where it will remove itself?

Originally posted by apoklyps3 View Post
            Even if I come from original firmware?
            Just got the box and i find it extremly slow and laggy. Also android tv firmware doesn't fit my needs...
            It doesnt matter if you have original firmware, put the ota file in a usb stick, go to update app and select the file in the usb stick, done.

Comment

Guest can you please answer me to my post here, thanks

Or sweetnonso do you can help me?
              Yes Guest , supersu has this option to uninstall itself, but I don't want to destroy something of your rom, principally regarding the point to restore the stock boot image.
              I found this tutorial:
              Unroot in SuperSU & Restore Stock Boot Image

First, open your SuperSU app and head to the Settings tab, then scroll down and select the "Full unroot" option. From here, tap "Continue" on the first popup, then SuperSU will ask if you'd like to restore your stock boot image — make sure to tap "Yes" here. Finally, it'll ask if you want to restore the stock recovery image, but you'll still need TWRP to flash Magisk, so tap "No." After a few seconds, your phone will reboot.

Can i follow exactly this process?

Also my doubt is about the verify part, perhaps you can have a look to the tutorial. Thanks
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Yes Guest , supersu has this option to uninstall itself, but I don't want to destroy something of your rom, principally regarding the point to restore the stock boot image.
                I found this tutorial:
                Unroot in SuperSU & Restore Stock Boot Image

First, open your SuperSU app and head to the Settings tab, then scroll down and select the "Full unroot" option. From here, tap "Continue" on the first popup, then SuperSU will ask if you'd like to restore your stock boot image — make sure to tap "Yes" here. Finally, it'll ask if you want to restore the stock recovery image, but you'll still need TWRP to flash Magisk, so tap "No." After a few seconds, your phone will reboot.

Can i follow exactly this process?

Also my doubt is about the verify part, perhaps you can have a look to the tutorial. Thanks
                I know, that this rooting thngs don´t have nothing directly to do with the rom issues, but in this case (when boot image etc. is afected) i hoped to get a help from the developer...

Ok, as i had not help on this, i risked it and tried myself. I flashed the rom once more and uninstalled the supersu app and then i flashed Magisk 14.0

I think, i installed it with success, but i have two issues.

1) When i make the SafetyNet Check there is an error: ctsProfile: false

2) When i go to settings, there is no option to enable BusyBox as shown in the tutorial (picture 3)
                Attached Files

Comment

I have just installed the latest nano update. Thanks for your efforts.

Just some feeback:

I have seen in settings is bluetooth listed now. Tried 3 different dongles without luck. Turning bluetooth on does not work for me.

And I tried RGB Mode with 1080i 50 Hz. But got a black sreen then and had problems to get it back.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, the M8S Pro L has integrated Bluetooth, and it's been working for me. (It even has avoided the audio stutter problem that we've seen on the Shiningworth ROMs.) The dongle support I'm still working on, and I was able to get the Broadcom USB bluetooth kernel module installed on the M8S Pro+ but there's still something blocking device discovery. (I didn't focus on this for the M8S Pro L, since it's got integrated Bluetooth. What would be the point of using a USB dongle?)

As for the RGB mode, you're going to get exactly what the underlying OEM firmware provides. I don't mess with it.

Guest is it possible to add Sony Dual Shock 4 support native support?
                  so far I was able to use it only by installing Six Axis application.
                  Also a power switch of some kind would be great if it can be added. feel uncofortable unpluggin the box when i want to shut it down.
                  thanks for all your hard work.
                  Last edited by apoklyps3; 12-13-2017, 19:49.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, you should press and hold the Power button to get the Global Action Menu. Shutdown is listed there.

Sorry for being completely stupid, but wich one is that? This is my first android box and to be honest I'm a keyboard and mouse user , don't really use the remote.
                  Is such action possible via keyboard or/and mouse?

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, not really. There are third-party apps you can install, though, if you really don't want to use the Power button.

Originally posted by bylderup View Post
                  I have just installed the latest nano update. Thanks for your efforts.

Just some feeback:

I have seen in settings is bluetooth listed now. Tried 3 different dongles without luck. Turning bluetooth on does not work for me.

And I tried RGB Mode with 1080i 50 Hz. But got a black sreen then and had problems to get it back.

I´m very sorry - but I posted in the wrong thread.. I meant the latest update of Mecool M8spro +
                  Because I have also a pro L I looked here for news and didn´t go back to the pro + thread, where I looked for updates before..

Comment

magendanz on the next update if u have time can u add power menu to go directly to recovery ? would be top !

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm not sure why we'd want an entry point like that for mainstream users. I just included an app so that users can install updates without needing to reboot to TWRP recovery, so I don't see the point. Advanced users like you and I can install an app or type "reboot recovery" from a terminal window.
                  Working...
                  X