UPDATED - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.5a ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casanoaa View Post
    Just try to hear something in Tunein radio and multitask enter browser. Then you can hear zzzzzddszzss.. Noise.. Damn it's annoying..
    That is the *exact* setting in which I notice it as well. At one point I could open the white-ish browser and got the noise, and close it and it was gone. But I also got it while watching video.

Comment

Sv: UPDATED - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.5a ROM

Originally posted by a.b.c View Post
      That is the *exact* setting in which I notice it as well. At one point I could open the white-ish browser and got the noise, and close it and it was gone. But I also got it while watching video.
      Bob are you listening here. Is there something you can do, have you noticed the problem?
      I tried two hdmi cables it's same. On minix firmware 004 is the same problem.

Comment

Yes but might be nothing I can do about it!
        A full white screen generates a lot of noise on HDMI and Audio seems to be picking it up. Thus this maybe a hardware noise filter issue like not good filtering capacitors, coils, etc.

The only time I hear noise on HDMI audio is when the USB cable to the PC is connected. Then anytime I transfer data from PC to X7, I hear data noise. I also hear noise when the X7 is booting (boot animation is running) and USB cable is plugged to PC. During boot a bunch of NAND data transfers is happening and you can hear it over my PC speakers. Again only when USB cable is connected to the PC.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Sv: UPDATED - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.5a ROM

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          Yes but might be nothing I can do about it!
          A full white screen generates a lot of noise on HDMI and Audio seems to be picking it up. Thus this maybe a hardware noise filter issue like not good filtering capacitors, coils, etc.

The only time I hear noise on HDMI audio is when the USB cable to the PC is connected. Then anytime I transfer data from PC to X7, I hear data noise. I also hear noise when the X7 is booting (boot animation is running) and USB cable is plugged to PC. During boot a bunch of NAND data transfers is happening and you can hear it over my PC speakers. Again only when USB cable is connected to the PC.

Bob
          Ok i suggest you to try download Tunein radio and hear radio.. NEXT enter a website during. Damn it's bad.

Comment

mouse cursor points a fix pix off?

That should read 'a few pix off?', but can't fix my typo

When I'm browsing over a list of links, I notice that the mousecursor is off a few pixels.
            It seems it's not pointing at the endpoint tip of the mousecursor but somewhere 1/3 from the pointy top. So when you click somewhere in the bottom 1/3 of the link, you get the link below. Also, the cursor seems to be about 1/3 too much to the left as well, the actual focus point is 1/3 from the top and 1/3 from the left...? It seems like there is just a bigger icon than the actual cursor should be, and it overlaps the small cursor which results in the aim being off quite a few pixels.

Is there anyway I could maybe get the normal android mouse pointer going instead of the minix one? I can't seem to find a switch somewhere, and I wouldn't know my way around hacking firmwares...

Comment

Originally posted by pawnslinger View Post
              Just going by what was posted on the Geekbuying website. I had not placed my order until after they indicated that all first batch machines had been sold, I had to wait for the 2nd batch before it was shipped.
              Can you give me a link to the article on Geekbuying regarding SD card problems please

Comment

A general question

We can use MINIX X7 ROM's on the MINI model?

By the way, if somebody has this model, let me know a little feedback.

Thank's

Comment

Originally posted by Bigleg View Post
                  Can you give me a link to the article on Geekbuying regarding SD card problems please
                  The posting I was writing about was not about SD card problems. The posting on Geekbuying was about batches received from factory, and shipped. It is in big red letters on the X7 page there. The question I was trying to answer was which batch my x7 came from.

The messages about SD card problems all came from the forums, from folks like you. I have had no problem with my SD card holder, and I think my machine came from the 2nd batch. So I deduce that the SD card holder problem was fixed by factory before my unit was shipped. I could be wrong. Just a deduction.

Comment

Mine was a very early model (as I've had it about 3 weeks now) and doesn't seem to have any problems with the SD card slot.

Comment

Originally posted by pawnslinger View Post
                      The posting I was writing about was not about SD card problems. The posting on Geekbuying was about batches received from factory, and shipped. It is in big red letters on the X7 page there. The question I was trying to answer was which batch my x7 came from.

The messages about SD card problems all came from the forums, from folks like you. I have had no problem with my SD card holder, and I think my machine came from the 2nd batch. So I deduce that the SD card holder problem was fixed by factory before my unit was shipped. I could be wrong. Just a deduction.
                      Thanks for the clarification

Comment

Hello Bob .

thank you for your great work.

can i replace the build.prop from the official minix rom (22/08) , with the one from your rom ? to make it compatible for the apps in goole play

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by shosh View Post
                          Hello Bob .

thank you for your great work.

can i replace the build.prop from the official minix rom (22/08) , with the one from your rom ? to make it compatible for the apps in goole play

thank you
                          You have to be rooted to do that. Official ROM is not rooted.

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: UPDATED - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.5a ROM

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            You have to be rooted to do that. Official ROM is not rooted.

Bob
                            Hej bob ,

U tryed to poweroff your tv when rebooting? Mine is hanging then.
                            Power off tv when doing something youtube playing for example then it hangs.

Best regards

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Comment

Re: UPDATED - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.5a ROM

Ok... So now I got hangs all the time.
                              Reflashed and 5 times nand format just to get clean again.
                              I just dont get it. No sd card while flashing the previous time I had a sd card in the x7.

Days of youtube watching and archos streaming from ac ryan without any probs. All of a suddon hangs and stuf. No reboot tough..

Ben

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Comment

Bob , can you please include this "Tun.ko" file in your rom and set it load up with startup for the Vpn-support ?

thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                                X