• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trhuster View Post
    I tested this rom with wasser kernel for K-R42 http://d-h.st/0fV
    With this kernel no wifi no ethernet.

Stock: Perfekt
    Archos H/W: Perfekt if systembar is up, very choppy when systembar is down.
    MX H/W: Very choppy
    MX H/W+: Perfekt
    MX S/W: Perfekt
    Trhuster, how do you use the kernel with no wifi or no Ethernet? Is it possible to add wifi or Ethernet support to the kernel? That would be great. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by baxxtor View Post
      Trhuster, how do you use the kernel with no wifi or no Ethernet? Is it possible to add wifi or Ethernet support to the kernel? That would be great. Thanks
      I have no knowledge how to fix wifi/ethernet so i just tested video from usb memory. I asked if wasser could fix this for Minix X7 and he promised to try if he find any time.

Comment

Do anyone except me have random reboots from time to time? I have them 2-3 times every day when i watch diffrent tv-apps.
        Last edited by Trhuster; 09-05-2013, 13:55.

Comment

I have no knowledge how to fix wifi/ethernet so i just tested video from usb memory. I asked if wasser could fix this for Minix X7 and he promised to try if he find any time.
          If Wasser was able to find time that would be awesome. His kernel works perfect for video! However, as I mentioned without Ethernet and wifi its close to unusable. I added the modules for USB Ethernet adapter to the wasser kernel and was able to get it working. I could browse the web and some apps would work. However, for whatever reason, most apps like even Google play store would not see or use the USB network adapter. They would give an error no network available even though the USB adapter was online, functional and had an IP address. It makes no sense.

Comment

Do anyone except me have random reboots from time to time? I have them 2-3 times every day when i watch on diffrent tv-apps.
            I used to until I removed my SD card, if you use one try using it without for a while. Think I have a faulty SD card reader in my unit

Comment

Also, don't use NTFS-formatted SD-cards. Use FAT32.
              NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
              NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
              Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by baxxtor View Post
                If Wasser was able to find time that would be awesome. His kernel works perfect for video! However, as I mentioned without Ethernet and wifi its close to unusable. I added the modules for USB Ethernet adapter to the wasser kernel and was able to get it working. I could browse the web and some apps would work. However, for whatever reason, most apps like even Google play store would not see or use the USB network adapter. They would give an error no network available even though the USB adapter was online, functional and had an IP address. It makes no sense.
                If more peple ask wasser nicley to do a kernel for Minix X7 mabey he can find some time faster. I wonder what the diffrence is in his kernel beacuse i find it best so far for mkv video.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigleg View Post
                  I used to until I removed my SD card, if you use one try using it without for a while. Think I have a faulty SD card reader in my unit
                  I dont use any SD card at all. I have a usb memory connected thou, shall unplug it and see if it helps.

Comment

I dont use any SD card at all. I have a usb memory connected thou, shall unplug it and see if it helps.
                    Try it! Can't hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
                      Also, don't use NTFS-formatted SD-cards. Use FAT32.
                      Bob suggested to me the opposite??

Comment

Originally posted by Casanoaa View Post
                        Ok i suggest you to try download Tunein radio and hear radio.. NEXT enter a website during. Damn it's bad.
                        Hey , i have the same problem , can i ask wich rom ( 720/1080p ) are you using ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigleg View Post
                          Bob suggested to me the opposite??
                          Well, I guess it's YMMV as always, depending on one's usage needs. Reading the thread about CWM recovery support tells that NTFS and CWM don't play well together.
                          NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                          NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                          Buy me a beer?

Comment

Sv: UPDATED - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.5a ROM

Originally posted by shosh View Post
                            Hey , i have the same problem , can i ask wich rom ( 720/1080p ) are you using ?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Not to beg but I could use a few donations for this work. Donations have been few and far between lately! I understand the economy! So if you like this ROM do your best to donate if you can. Thanks!
                              Bob

Hello Bob,
                              Remember you from all the Heli courses and instructions igot..
                              And no finding your brilliant work here also !!!
                              So i donated something to you today.

Your Work is THE BEST..

Enjoy,

Comment

Hey Bob,
                                i've installed your rom an my CX-921 (Exoon Power Pro) and tried to use your boot1080no_air_large.img.
                                Device didn't boot up, so i used my stock kernel because it was late and i don't want to test all your kernels ;-) Device bootet up well, IR remote works.

The reason i bought the Exoon Power Pro was that i had the hope, that this box can play all my Videos, no matter 720p or 1080p and passthrough the AC3 or DTS audio via HDMI to my receiver.

OK, HDMI is set to 1080p 60Hz, sound is set to RK Rockship. My device has only analog and HDMI output. The box is connected with lan. HDMI is connected to my Dolby and DTS Surround Receiver and then to my 52" Samsung LCD. I streamed some Files from my Synology Nas Drive.

1. All 720p Files, MKV, AVI or AVCHD TS-Files work perfect with both Stockplayer.
                                2. All 1080p Files, MKV, AVI or AVCHD TS-Files work quite good but not perfect.
                                MKV files played better.

3. I switched the sound output to HDMI Passthrough. Tried 720p Files with DTS und Dolby 5.1 sound. COOL! I got 6 discret channels over HDMI, no dropping frames. The only thing i've noticed, is that the CX-921 decoded the DTS and AC3 Audio files, not my receiver.

4. I played some 1080p files with DTS and AC3 5.1 audio. Output is set to HDMI Passthrough.
                                Audio still played well, but Video stuttered extremely! When i switched sound back to stereo, video is quite perfect again. So i suppose, decoding the 5.1 audio steals al lot of cpu power?
                                is there a way to let my receiver decode the audio files, that's what passthrough meant to be?

AnTuTu scored 18464, with 1080p 60Hz and status bar turned on.

Can you patch my attached Kernel to real 1080p and 1.8 GHz?
                                I tried other kernels, but than my Remote isn't working.

Here is my kernel:
                                CX-921_StockKernel.zip
                                Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Working...
                                X