Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dnlln15 View Post
    1.OK SIXAXIS is working with a -90° touch Layout

2.I have forced shut down 6 times (in all stock and fineless Roms) a day with Sd Card installed and non shutdown without, maybe is helpfull for other User with the same expiriences .

Sorry for my Pure English

Thanks, I've been getting lots of shutdowns, will remove SD and test.

Comment

Re: UPDATED - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.5a ROM

Originally posted by Bigleg View Post
      Thanks, I've been getting lots of shutdowns, will remove SD and test.
      Will test it 2...

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Finless,

I've updated to 1.5a and AZERTY physical keybards are still in QUERTY .

You can try yourself.

Power Off button is back.

Thanks Finless

For guys that test SD card, it could be a good idea to give your SD card reference (model, ...), I will test also few a few sd card ...

Comment

Originally posted by DomZ View Post
          Hi Finless,

You can try yourself.

Power Off button is back.

Thanks Finless

For guys that test SD card, it could be a good idea to give your SD card reference (model, ...), I will test also few a few sd card ...
          My SD is a non branded one I got free with my MK808 a long time ago, could very well be a reason for my problems.

Removed an hour ago, no shutdowns yet but not really been using it to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by DomZ View Post
            Hi Finless,

You can try yourself.
            I do not know what the problem is. Noting I changed here should have broke that. And your saying it works on the stock ROM? If so, which one?

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Right, couple of hours in and no shutdowns, been doing all sorts, loading up and shutting down apps, messing around with mounted storage. Also after reading on here that someone had a bad SD slot and another thread on the Minix forum that a guy can't get his card slot to function correctly, I'm starting to think this was my problem the whole time.

Also system seems quicker or it just could be a placebo

Comment

There is code in Android that will remount the external SD if it discovers any file system errors.
                You can see if it has done this by opening a terminal emulator (or ADB) and typing the command mount. It will then list all the mounted partitions. Check and see if the SD card is RO.

FAT32 sucks for this for sure!

Try this please. Format the SD card as NTFS in Windows and see if the crashing stops!
                Yes NTFS SD card are supported since Android 4.1.1

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  There is code in Android that will remount the external SD if it discovers any file system errors.
                  You can see if it has done this by opening a terminal emulator (or ADB) and typing the command mount. It will then list all the mounted partitions. Check and see if the SD card is RO.

FAT32 sucks for this for sure!

Try this please. Format the SD card as NTFS in Windows and see if the crashing stops!
                  Yes NTFS SD card are supported since Android 4.1.1

Bob
                  Will do it now Bob, still no crashes, so far

Comment

Originally posted by Bigleg View Post
                    Will do it now Bob, still no crashes, so far

my Card was Format in NTFS but i had Shutdown

Comment

ive had a 4gb sd card in most the day, been playing some roms off it, never once had a crash today.
                      i had a couple of network issues (with my home setup) that ive ironed out today, since thats been sorted ive had no hang ups at all. (touch wood!)

seems like my problems was to do with the network?

this is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Bob, there must be another way of debuging a box for crashes other than trying to pull the logcat??

edit, still no crashses, been on it all day so far!
                      Last edited by danfozzy; 08-27-2013, 20:44.

Comment

UPDATE 8/26!

3) I added a 8GB and 10GB paramter file by request.

Enjoy,
                        Bob
                        What exactly is the difference between these and the standard parameter file? I gather from some of the messages that it has something to do with loading "large" games. But what is the actual effect in the rom?

I want to start playing some games, and I am a bit unsure how I should setup the rom.

Thanks for any help and clarification.

Comment

UPDATE 8/26!

11) Added the DTS passthrough LIB's by request!
                          This was created by: stafstrom. Thanks for doing this stafstrom!!!
                          See here for more info: http://minixforums.com/threads/how-t...nd-spdif.2071/
                          The 2 files libmedia.so and librkffplayer.so have been replaced by this patch.
                          Should you have any trouble I left the old .so files as libmedia.old librkffplayer.old
                          If you want to go back just use ES File explorer
                          Turn on root explorer and mount system as RW.
                          rename the .so file to .xxx and rename the .old files to .so
                          reboot
                          This is a great improvement! Love it. Too bad the special XMBC versions you need for this are giving issues with 1Channel and Common cache plugin.

The 1080p kernel is causing errrors in the XBMC video output (or the other way around ). Video stutters even in MXplayer. I used the testfiles at http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/

I switched back to 720p. I will stick to that for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by handroid View Post
                            This is a great improvement! Love it. Too bad the special XMBC versions you need for this are giving issues with 1Channel and Common cache plugin.

The 1080p kernel is causing errrors in the XBMC video output (or the other way around ). Video stutters even in MXplayer. I used the testfiles at http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/

I switched back to 720p. I will stick to that for the time being.
                            It's the actual version of xbmc that is giving the trouble, alpha 7 has the issue you are referring to, only way round it is to compile an earlier alpha which worked with your streaming needs, nothing to do with the patch

Comment

do you guys think the minix neo x7 is the best android tv-box?
                              if not, wich one do you think it is?

And whats the best android stick (again, in your opinion)?

thanks (I'm interested in buying the x7)
                              "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."
                              - Bill gates

Comment

OK formatted the SD in NTFS using Windows, reinserted it, did a full Titanium Backup using it as the storage medium. 1st pass only half the apps backed up? so ran it again and bamb! system froze, then had to pull plug. After and for the rest of the night I ran the box with no SD card inserted and it was fine all night and again this morning. So I'm really starting to think it's either my SD card or the reader that is the problem.

Am going to buy a new SD card later this week to see if that is the problem as mine is a real cheap Chinese, non branded one I got for free

I really hope that the SD is the cause of all my woes, TBH I can live without it if I have too and just backup to USB or my Network. Better than throwing money away on postage to China for a replacement with no guarantee of the box being any better as seems a few out of the very small number that have been sold are having freeezing/shutdown problems.

Admin at Minix implied it was my fault for rooting it!!! But did say if I send it to him direct he was change it for me but to be honest can't be bothered being without the box for a month waiting for the snail mail shipping as I live in Thailand.

Comment

Working...
                                X