UPDATED - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.5a ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job Bob!
    I have a query (maybe does not have much to do with the ROM itself).

I would like to know, how they change the partition size for applications, because, I'm working on a ROM for another hardware, and really can not find information about it.

I hope you can help Bob.
    Victor.

Comment

WiFi Connectivity & Driver install issues SOLVED! MK908

First time poster here. I spent a few days trying to get this ROM installed but was having some issues with getting drivers installed. Like others, the OEM rom from Tronsmart was crap so I needed a good solution.

I have a V3 MK908 device, (estimated as I purchased it a few weeks ago.) As such, I was getting stuck at the driver install portion where it needs to be put into flash mode. I had success getting the MK908 into USB mass storage once I went into the settings on the device.

Next, I failed at installing the x86 drivers for my W7 machine.

On a lark, I installed 32-bit drivers and the device was recognized instantly. I then installed Finlesses 1.5a without issues.

It should be pointed out that my device was not stable at first. I had random reboots every few minutes or slow and HD output was hanging up due to wifi streaming issues. This was solved after some proper shutdown and reboot sequences.

Heat output was nothing extrordinary but the device wasn't truly under load either.

The next step to solving my WiFi issues was going to be to solder a better antenna to the board as many others have documented but I have found a better solution!

When your WiFi indicator is showing grey as in "connected, but not to Google's servers" the fix is to go into location settings and disable both GPS and WiFi providing location information.

Next thing I knew my MK908 was picking up strong WiFi signals from every access point I tried, including tethering to my iPhone 5 over LTE.

Wanted to post in case it can help others. I'm loving this device now!

Thanks so much Bob!

Comment

Working...
      X