Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overheating Mecool M8s Pro L and Pro + (and others ?) - Options ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes thanks i have see those but I don't have a pic of where to connect it...

I would like to have the better way to cool the box with less sound possible.... perhaps 3.3v or 5v is necessary i don't know...

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Yes from internal storage.

Haven't managed to test every combo yet !!
      Look at page 8, line 109, it shows you which pin to use. They are the ports for the USB ports on the top side, and when you power your box off, the fan stops.....
      Last edited by clarkss12; 04-11-2018, 13:52. Reason: Sorry, wrong post.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by diabolyk View Post
        yes thanks i have see those but I don't have a pic of where to connect it...

I would like to have the better way to cool the box with less sound possible.... perhaps 3.3v or 5v is necessary i don't know...
        Look at page 8, line 109, it shows you which pin to use. They are the ports for the USB ports on the top side, and when you power your box off, the fan stops.....
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by diabolyk
          and it will turn on only when box is turned on ?

cause my box is always plugged but switched off with the red light on...

have you a pic of the pin to connect ?
          Yes , it will.

Comment

ok

and i can pick the pin topside or bottom side it will stops when i power off ?

5v vs 3.3v : is there a real difference for cooling ? and for noise ?

Comment

ok

and i can pick the pin topside or bottom side it will stops when i power off ?

5v vs 3.3v : is there a real difference for cooling ? and for noise ?
              Yes, you can get the power from top or bottom side, and the fan will power off when the box is powered off.

A slower fan will definitely reduce the noise, but you will have to do some trial and error on how much you wish to slow the fan. I am using a "cheap" fan, and reduced the fan voltage by half, but I can still hear it. I have ordered a more expensive 30mm fan with ball bearings, and will be testing that, when I receive it.

You need to read this thread, there are some very good ideas, discussed here.

EDIT: P.X has a thermal switch on order, to test. It will turn the fan OFF when the temp is low, and turn ON the fan with the temp rises........ So stay tuned!!

Comment

ok so i should put it on 5v you think ?
                or the gain of temperature between 5v and 3.3v is not interesting ?

Comment

I think you will get just as much cooling effect with the 3.3 volt as the 5 volt. So, yes, use either diodes or resistors to reduce the voltage. I personally used 3 diodes in series.

Comment

5V is too fast and noisy for me.
                    3.3V UART supply is not switched.
                    3.3V or less is good speed for cooling and less noisy - I use a small resistor to get correct voltage/speed - see previous posts.
                    Best fan I have tried is Pi Fan @ about $1.21 on the Bay and comes with 4xscrews and nuts (not needed but it shows you which type I bought)

All the info should be somewhere in this thread.
                    Top-side 5V USB is only on a little resistor by the USB socket - very careful soldering required (see my vid)
                    Underside 5V is much easier and safer to solder to ....

Comment

ok but can I connect it on 3.3V without resistor and diode ? (more simple to make)

Comment

ok but can I connect it on 3.3V without resistor and diode ? (more simple to make)
                        Then it is NOT switched. Runs all the time. Unless you fit a KSD 9700 NO switch - testing now ....
                        Last edited by P.X; 04-11-2018, 17:16.

Comment

KSD 9700 NO switch
                          Just tested 55C Switch and only switches on at 78C (Probe Temp 53.6C)
                          Has to be well attached thermally to get to switch-on temp !

I am guessing a 45 or 50 switch would be better.

Item number 322989226698 on the Bay UK - Great seller. Super fast delivery.

The Normally Open version of KSD 9700 is needed - It has a 开 Kanji (Crossed-out Tower?) on it.
                          Some sellers show wrong version in pictures (same pic for both?)
                          Write a note - Must be version Open Circuit at Room Temp.

Click image for larger version  Name:	KSD9700-NO.1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	49.8 KB ID:	719319
                          Last edited by P.X; 04-11-2018, 17:51. Reason: Switch ON temp !!

Comment

KSD 9700 NO switch
                            Just tested 55C Switch and only switches on at 78C (Probe Temp 53.6C)
                            Has to be well attached thermally to get to switch-off temp !

I am guessing a 45 or 50 switch would be better.

Item number 322989226698 on the Bay UK - Great seller. Super fast delivery.

The Normally Open version of KSD 9700 is needed - It has a crossed out Tower Kanji on it.
                            Some sellers show wrong version in pictures (same pic for both?)
                            Write a note - Must be version Open Circuit at Room Temp.

Click image for larger version Name:	KSD9700-NO.1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	49.8 KB ID:	719319
                            I am watching this closely....... I am confused about what you said on switching OFF. It turns the fan on at 78C, but what temp does it turn the fan OFF??

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I am watching this closely....... I am confused about what you said on switching OFF. It turns the fan on at 78C, but what temp does it turn the fan OFF??
                              Typo/Brain Fade !!! that should be " ...to get to Switch-ON Temp."

Nominal-55C Switch
                              Switch ON Temp 78C (CPU-Temp -- Probe Temp 53.6C)
                              Switches OFF at 68C (CPU-Temp)

I'll try a 40C when it arrives ...

The trouble is these little switches have pretty wide manufacturing tolerances can be +/- 5C of nominal ON Temp and OFF defined as ON-15C(+/-5C)

Comment

Then it is NOT switched. Runs all the time. Unless you fit a KSD 9700 NO switch - testing now ....
                                you mean that it will turn all the time ? also when box is off but already plugged ?

Comment

Working...
                                X