Minix X7 - ROM Nexus SDK2 and Multi-Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix X7 - ROM Nexus SDK2 and Multi-Windows

The name "Nexus" does not indicate the porting from a Nexus device, but a rom as close as possible to the Google standards.

Real Android experience without chinese patches and bloatware. 100% compatible with apps in Google Play.

<DELETED>

SDK2
    Multi-Windows
    init.d
    ethernet support
    video jitter fix

PhabletUi and TabletUi from build.prop
    all minix x7 hardware components working
    Very fast and stable for videos and games

Last edited by Molle; 01-31-2014, 11:24. Reason: Administrative action

I am excited, downloading!
    Installed, looks diffrent, gonna test videoplayback soon.
    Last edited by Trhuster; 08-28-2013, 20:47.

Comment

Strauzo! This intilal videotesting is amazing! For the first time Archos Video Player plays my hobbit 720p clip perfect with systembar hidden! (was autohide in this rom)

Also tested MX Player and it is also perfect in HW and SW, mabey small stutter in HW+ mode.
      I have not tested anything else but but but but...this is something else so far.

Strauzo, THX ALOT!

Comment

could you test a 1080p file?

Comment

Originally posted by locutus32 View Post
          could you test a 1080p file?
          I tested Planet_Earth_From_Pole_to_Pole_1080p_sample, bitrate is 19691 kbit/s. It plays in my eyes perfect from usb memory!

Comment

Tested Netflix and video and this was same piqturequality as before but much smoother. But when trying another video my box frezze. And now i cant get in, think it is powersavemode or something like that.

Edit:Okej, call me stupied but i just needed to press remote button to wake it up.
            Last edited by Trhuster; 08-28-2013, 22:10.

Comment

Awesome! I'll check this out when I get home from work! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Trhuster View Post
                I tested Planet_Earth_From_Pole_to_Pole_1080p_sample, bitrate is 19691 kbit/s. It plays in my eyes perfect from usb memory!
                and from network? i ask this because i have a NAS

Comment

I'm testing Asphalt 8 with DroidMote. Awesome !

Also i, after so much work I need to have a little fun.

The my minix x7 arrived only this morning.

Minix for me is the best manufacturer for build quality and hardware components.

Comment

Cool can't wait to test when my x7 arrives

Ps link doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by strauzo View Post
                      I'm testing Asphalt 8 with DroidMote. Awesome !

Also i, after so much work I need to have a little fun.

The my minix x7 arrived only this morning.

Minix for me is the best manufacturer for build quality and hardware components.
                      My X7 is my first android mini pc.. (though I am not new to Android).. so far I've loved the build quality and beyond the first rev of firmware, it's been stable... works great with xmbc, which is all i really bought it for anyways.. also thinking about doing a custom kernel with gpu/cpu/ddr overclocking.. seeing if that works out..

Comment

Perhaps a stupid and lame question but you write that this is a ROM compiled with SDK2 and what does that mean in layman terms? I mean I know whats a SDK are but how does this differ from like finless 1.5a rom? Is this SDK the one from Rockchip or is it an hidden android sdk only for rom compiling.

Like I said, this is probably lame questions but if you don't ask you never knowm right?

Comment

Originally posted by Maximilian View Post
                          Perhaps a stupid and lame question but you write that this is a ROM compiled with SDK2 and what does that mean in layman terms? I mean I know whats a SDK are but how does this differ from like finless 1.5a rom? Is this SDK the one from Rockchip or is it an hidden android sdk only for rom compiling.

Like I said, this is probably lame questions but if you don't ask you never knowm right?
                          sdk2 mean the new source code of rockchip. you can read about it searching in google.

All new rk3188 tablets already have this source as base of the stock rom.

Instead the stock rom of box and hdmi sticks have only the first sdk version. old source from rockchip.

This nexus rom is sdk2 and have also the new multi-windows functionality made by rockchip, look this video to understand multi-windows:
                          In this video i use DroidMote to control the multi-windows on an android hdmi stick rk3188 T428

Comment

Nicely done tnxs for your Rom this is looking good. So the x7 is finally usefull !!!
                            Last edited by bitfreak; 08-28-2013, 23:36.

Comment

Originally posted by strauzo View Post
                              sdk2 mean the new source code of rockchip. you can read about it searching in google.

All new rk3188 tablets already have this source as base of the stock rom.

Instead the stock rom of box and hdmi sticks have only the first sdk version. old source from rockchip.

This nexus rom is sdk2 and have also the new multi-windows functionality made by rockchip, look this video to understand:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irb-pSQkLA0
                              That illuminates things for me, and it was as I suspected. I wonder why the box and sticks manufacturers still are using the old sdk1 since it obviously has flaws and bugs effecting performance of their devices. I guess the SDK from rockchip probablt cost a litte penny as well which might be the cause?

Thanks for the explaination and the links, they are greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X