Minix X7 - ROM Nexus SDK2 and Multi-Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danfozzy View Post
    I'll 're install 004 In the morning, any other files or folders you recommend me copying?
    for now no. i'm testing this from stock audio.primary.rk30board.so that is very different in size and i want add the stock .asoundrc in the right folder

all other file from nexus are the same

Comment

well only coping the file audio.primary.rk30board.so from stock 0004 rom to nexus i can do this:

From stafstorm post in minix forum:
      "Maybe we should start with testing if pass through is possible at all with this ROM.
      Download a DTS-wav test file here http://www.diatonis.com/surround_sound_music.html and see if you can get pass through when you play it with the following command in a terminal emulator.
      alsa_aplay --device=hw:0,0 replace-with-path-and-name-of-downloaded-dts.wav"

I feel like a rustle but the command does not give me error, seems to work well

i don't have hardware to test hdmi pass through, what do you suggest as test. i don't understand nothing about this functionlity. BUt i can help in correction

Comment

Originally posted by strauzo View Post
        well only coping the file audio.primary.rk30board.so from stock 0004 rom to nexus i can do this:

From stafstorm post in minix forum:
        "Maybe we should start with testing if pass through is possible at all with this ROM.
        Download a DTS-wav test file here http://www.diatonis.com/surround_sound_music.html and see if you can get pass through when you play it with the following command in a terminal emulator.
        alsa_aplay --device=hw:0,0 replace-with-path-and-name-of-downloaded-dts.wav"

I feel like a rustle but the command does not give me error, seems to work well

i don't have hardware to test hdmi pass through, what do you suggest as test. i don't understand nothing about this functionlity. BUt i can help in correction
        Do you have hardware that supports spdif pass through?

Comment

I'll try it in an hour or 2 when I'm back home

Comment

Originally posted by stafstrom View Post
            Do you have hardware that supports spdif pass through?
            no i don't have but please assist me with your test. i want help.

copy only the audio.primary.rk30board.so from stock to nexus and you can do your command.

alsa_aplay --device=hw:0,0 replace-with-path-and-name-of-downloaded-dts.wav

i can open it also in xbmc latest gotham version and i I hear the same noise

in xbmc i can change audio from hdmi , analog and spdif

Comment

Without hardware it's difficul to test.
              But I just reallized one thing, I forgot to mention that you need super user rights before you run alsa_aplay.
              Dan if you could test it again but use the command su first this time?

Comment

also with the version in google play should work well.
                It keeps crashing for some reason. This version seems to be more stable. Just my experience. Awesome ROM though

Comment

I'll try it in an hour or 2 when I'm back home
                  be sure to restore all original audio files of the nexus, and copy only
                  /system/lib/hw/audio.primary.rk30board.so from stock 0004 rom to nexus rom

after you can try the command alsa_asplay

Comment

Originally posted by Knut.hex View Post
                    It keeps crashing for some reason. This version seems to be more stable. Just my experience. Awesome ROM though
                    Hello,

Can you please post some screenshots from this rom ?

Thank you

Comment

Without hardware it's difficul to test.
                      But I just reallized one thing, I forgot to mention that you need super user rights before you run alsa_aplay.
                      Dan if you could test it again but use the command su first this time?
                      be sure to restore all original audio files of the nexus, and copy only
                      /system/lib/hw/audio.primary.rk30board.so from stock 0004 rom to nexus rom

after you can try the command alsa_asplay
                      reflashed the nexus system.img then transfered only the audio.primary.rk3board.so and stafstroms 004 libmedia.so, rebooted then ran the command. this is what it spat out:

1|u0_a102@android:/ $ su alsa_aplay --device=hw:0,0 /mnt/sdcard/test.wav
                      sh: sh: --: unknown option

so ran it without the dashs before device and got this:

1|u0_a102@android:/ $ su alsa_aplay device=hw:0,0 /mnt/sdcard/test.wav
                      sh: /mnt/sdcard/test.wav: can't execute: Permission denied

Comment

To switch audio use the free app from google play SoundAbout

if you like the old tabletui you can set this in build.prop (status bar at the bottom)

for HDMI passthrough you must swap only two lib (in other thread you can find this libs)

many new tv scale automatically the rom you don't need hdmi zoom, (es. for Samsung TV the button P-size on remote control) but if your tv not scale well with menu options, you can use this command:

echo 95 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/scale
                        (thanks sam321 for this)

i suggest to change the number 95 from 90 to 100 to find your best fit. when you have your number you can add a script in init.d folder to do the scale automatically at boot time

the rom work already in landscape mode and start in landscape mode. If you have problems because you have started an app the force the display in portrait, use the already installed app rotation lock, set in landscape mode and after on top right status bar click on rotation lock 2 time. the final position of the icon inside the top right status bar must be rotation locked.

All can help me to add other options to this very very good base pure android rom.
                        Hi Strauzo

Sory for the newbe question. But I have been trying to write the script for the scale to be changed to 94 and can not seem to get it to work. It works ok if I do it on a terminal window but not on a script that I then put in the init.d folder. Can you give me an example of what is supposed to go on the script file for the scale to change at startup.

thanks
                        rdavidowski

Comment

Originally posted by shosh View Post
                          Hello,

Can you please post some screenshots from this rom ?

Thank you
                          I think this i pure android so no need for screenshots.
                          If you know android then this is just like that.

But if i am wrong pleas correct me.

Comment

reflashed the nexus system.img then transfered only the audio.primary.rk3board.so and stafstroms 004 libmedia.so, rebooted then ran the command. this is what it spat out:

1|u0_a102@android:/ $ su alsa_aplay --device=hw:0,0 /mnt/sdcard/test.wav
                            sh: sh: --: unknown option

so ran it without the dashs before device and got this:

1|u0_a102@android:/ $ su alsa_aplay device=hw:0,0 /mnt/sdcard/test.wav
                            sh: /mnt/sdcard/test.wav: can't execute: Permission denied
                            You must run su before alsa_aplay, not on the same row, like this
                            $ su
                            $ alsa_aplay --device=hw:0,0 /mnt/sdcard/test.wav

Comment

flash this rom

$ su
                              Is there a flashing guide for this rom?

Comment

$ su
                                u0_a102@android:/ $ su
                                1|root@android:/ # alsa_aplay --device=hw:0,0 /mnt/sdcard/test.wav
                                aplay: main:655: audio open error: Device or resource busy

Comment

Working...
                                X