No announcement yet.

Minix X7 - ROM Nexus SDK2 and Multi-Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Rom is absolutely rock steady, not had a single crash in comparison to the Minix fws

Comment

Originally posted by danfozzy View Post
      This Rom is absolutely rock steady, not had a single crash in comparison to the Minix fws
      Agreed, and 1080p playback is much smoother than any ROM I have tested. High Bit Rate > 12 Mbit still causes dropped frames though.

Comment

Sv: Minix X7 - ROM Nexus SDK2 and Multi-Windows

Any jiddering and choppiness when hearing music or streaming video?

Xbmc or Tunein radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Casanoaa View Post
          Any jiddering and choppiness when hearing music or streaming video?

Xbmc or Tunein radio.
          I haven't had any skipping or juddering in streaming music from spotify or my nas, no juddering in my 720p movies and tv shows using xbmc, and none of them artifacts either.

Comment

Sv: Minix X7 - ROM Nexus SDK2 and Multi-Windows

I haven't had any skipping or juddering in streaming music from spotify or my nas, no juddering in my 720p movies and tv shows using xbmc, and none of them artifacts either.
            Both in Finless 1.5a and mnx 004 it happens. Whenever I hear something in Tunein or xbmc I get suddenly a annoying sound like crshshh...

Comment

Is there anything we can add to the build.prop to keep it permanently in landscape mode?

Also how to we change it to tablet mode? Having the tablet bar at the bottom instead of the 3 buttons. missing the auto hide bar option
              #1: I suggest installing "Rotation Lock Adaptive" from Play store. I have also heard that playing with build.prop settings 'ro.sf.fakerotation' and 'ro.sf.hwrotation' can help.

#2: Set 'ro.rk.systembar.tabletUI=true' in build.prop. With this setting you will lose the multi window buttons, though (or at least the T428 ROM works that way).
              Last edited by Molle; 08-29-2013, 21:23.
              NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
              NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
              Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Trhuster View Post
                Strauzo! This intilal videotesting is amazing! For the first time Archos Video Player plays my hobbit 720p clip perfect with systembar hidden! (was autohide in this rom)

Also tested MX Player and it is also perfect in HW and SW, mabey small stutter in HW+ mode.
                I have not tested anything else but but but but...this is something else so far.

Strauzo, THX ALOT!
                I have now tested some more videos for a longer time and it is still some stuttering from time to time. But it is still way better than Minix stock rom.

Comment

Great rom

Thanks for putting this rom together!

For those who are interested, I have attached various screenshots.
                  • The resolution is 1280x720
                  • This AnTuTu bencmark score is 18029.
                  • The device reports itself as Nexus 7 (for app compatibility)
                  You can feel the difference the moment the launcher fires up - buttery smooth animations, significantly better than the stock roms or finless 1.5 IMO (for the general android experience). It really does feel like I am using my Nexus 4. I haven't tried serious video playback yet but others have commented positively.

One app I have found to report an error - Blinkbox (UK app). It complains that the Google DRM libraries are not installed and so refuses to play any content.

Will be sticking with this rom

I have a question for the developer - can the benefits of this rom be combined with the latest kernel from Finless 15a (ie. with 1080p support)?

Comment

Nice work Strauzo. http://minipute.com/2013/08/29/new-m...88-sdk2-0/3137

Comment

Originally posted by strauzo View Post
                      XBMC + Nexus is very good.

720p very well from local network, internet and storages.
                      for 1080p videos you need the xml file advancedsettings.xml to enable hardware decode also on some 1080p videos.

i suggest to use the xbmc libstagefright version: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152005

but i tested also the standard nightly build. that work well.
                      Fiddling a little with xbmc nightly and have an issue with the resolution which outputs only 720p and not 1080p. So I suspect this has to do with setting the ROM in mapping to 1080p instead of 720p.
                      I must say I find it strange that a entirely system has to be flashed in order to change the output.

I have set my output in android to 1080px60 and I supose that now the android just upscales the image instead of true 1080p.

One thing also is the lower bar which doesn't dissapear when starting xbmc.. there should be some kind of autohide feature - the bar is hidden when running the stock video player.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximilian View Post
                        One thing also is the lower bar which doesn't dissapear when starting xbmc.. there should be some kind of autohide feature - the bar is hidden when running the stock video player.
                        XBMC doesn't currently support autohide/fullscreen. To get around this limitation you can use e.g. the 'full!screen' app from Play store.
                        NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                        NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                        Buy me a beer?

Comment

newbie question

I have just installed the official update and after seeing it doesn't support multiuser I was going to try this rom. But now if I start pressing the reset button, the device starts in recovery mode. How can I install this rom in recovery mode?

thanks.

Comment

Nice Rom!

Any chance of adding 1080p/24hz as an hdmi output option?
                            Also, adding HDMI passthrough as a sound output?

If so, this rom would be near perfect!

Everything else seems spot on.

Thanks

Comment

May i ask you something?
                              The neo x7 mast be rooted to flash this rom ?

Comment

Originally posted by and4468 View Post
                                May i ask you something?
                                The neo x7 mast be rooted to flash this rom ?
                                No. simply use the included flash tool to flash this rom.

Comment

Working...
                                X