No announcement yet.

Minix X7 - ROM Nexus SDK2 and Multi-Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeh changed the 2 files, including the 004 libmedia, thats what ive done from the start of this testing. what i think is tripping us up is that there is no option for passthrough in soundabout. in the minix rom or the finless rom, the passthrough wouldnt work unless passthrough was selected in the audio settings within android and also in xbmc

Comment

Originally posted by danfozzy View Post
      yeh changed the 2 files, including the 004 libmedia, thats what ive done from the start of this testing. what i think is tripping us up is that there is no option for passthrough in soundabout. in the minix rom or the finless rom, the passthrough wouldnt work unless passthrough was selected in the audio settings within android and also in xbmc
      I'm a bit confused here, I don't think the libmedia hack should be affected by what's selected in the audio settings, but I could be wrong.
      Why I don't believe this is because the neo X5 doesn't even have the possibility to select hdmi pass through in audio settings, still pass though is possible with the libmedia hack in xbmc.
      I have also tested to not select spdif pass through on my neo X5 but pass through still works in xbmc.

I's a really tricky problem this, but I have check which lib's libmedia depends on and got the following result.
      libui.so
      liblog.so
      libcutils.so
      libutils.so
      libbinder.so
      libsonivox.so
      libicuuc.so
      libexpat.so
      libcamera_client.so
      libstagefright_foundation.so
      libgui.so
      libdl.so
      libaudioutils.so
      libmedia_native.so
      libc.so
      libstdc++.so
      libm.so

libaudioutils.so looks interesting, might be a good idea to try replace that one.

Comment

Originally posted by stafstrom View Post
        I'm a bit confused here, I don't think the libmedia hack should be affected by what's selected in the audio settings, but I could be wrong.
        Why I don't believe this is because the neo X5 doesn't even have the possibility to select hdmi pass through in audio settings, still pass though is possible with the libmedia hack in xbmc.
        I have also tested to not select spdif pass through on my neo X5 but pass through still works in xbmc.

I's a really tricky problem this, but I have check which lib's libmedia depends on and got the following result.
        libui.so
        liblog.so
        libcutils.so
        libutils.so
        libbinder.so
        libsonivox.so
        libicuuc.so
        libexpat.so
        libcamera_client.so
        libstagefright_foundation.so
        libgui.so
        libdl.so
        libaudioutils.so
        libmedia_native.so
        libc.so
        libstdc++.so
        libm.so

libaudioutils.so looks interesting, might be a good idea to try replace that one.
        i will replace these files one by one, but with the libmedia patch on x7 it will only work if the passthrough setting is selected in the android options. ive tried it several times when first trying it out on the minix roms

Comment

i will replace these files one by one, but with the libmedia patch on x7 it will only work if the passthrough setting is selected in the android options. ive tried it several times when first trying it out on the minix roms
          the switch in settings is not a problem. generally this type of switch can be done also with script command in terminal emulator. or with a configuration file.

like the hdmi zoom. that with this command work echo 95 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/scale

for example to see what happen when you change audio autput in settings, start logcat and read what happen.

but the problem now is different. the hdmi pass-trought work, we must only investigate why the audio is not good.

stafstorm you can't test with your hardware ?

Comment

Originally posted by strauzo View Post
            the switch in settings is not a problem. generally this type of switch can be done also with script command in terminal emulator. or with a configuration file.

like the hdmi zoom. that with this command work echo 95 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/scale

for example to see what happen when you change audio autput in settings, start logcat and read what happen.

but the problem now is different. the hdmi pass-trought work, we must only investigate why the audio is not good.

Sorry, I don't have a neo X7 only a X5 so I can't test anything.

Comment

right,ive flashed the finless 1.5 rom, as it pre rooted for ease and swapped in stafstroms libmedia for 004, set xbmc to hdmi and 5.1

ive just taken a logcat,

i first played a dolby digital movie and then a dts movie on the standard audio setting, RK29_RT5616. gave static noise.

i came out of xbmc, change the android audio setting to RK29_RT5616 PASSTHROUGH (this setting only has passthrough for aac as set by minix, stafstroms patch seems to override this)

loaded up xbmc played the dts movie, and i have dts surround sound playing perfect.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by danfozzy; 09-01-2013, 22:00.

Comment

I have been thinking a lot on this, then I remembered I have made changes in my /system/etc/audio_policy.conf
                That might be the reason why pass through still works for me, even when I have not selected pass through in audio settings.
                If you check the /system/etc/audio_policy.conf file, what does it say, is the flag AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT
                there?

See this page: http://source.android.com/devices/audio.html

Comment

Originally posted by stafstrom View Post
                  I have been thinking a lot on this, then I remembered I have made changes in my /system/etc/audio_policy.conf
                  That might be the reason why pass through still works for me, even when I have not selected pass through in audio settings.
                  If you check the /system/etc/audio_policy.conf file, what does it say, is the flag AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT
                  there?

See this page: http://source.android.com/devices/audio.html
                  uploaded the files from both roms, main differences is the lack of the audio output flag direct and references to passthrough in the nexus config
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by danfozzy; 09-02-2013, 10:41.

Comment

If i remember well the only one differences in audio_policy.com from stock and nexus, is the path of the file .asoundrc that danfozzy don't find in the stock rom.

this file should contain an important part.

another way to debug the problem, and find what files are involved is this:

get the first stock rockchip rom 1.8.2013 and the last 0004 and compare with a tool like winmerge what file are changed.

you need the two system.img and you can mount it on windows like normal disks with the tool linked above in previous posts. OSFMount

to unpack the update.img to have the system.img you can use the wendal tool. rename the update.img file in wendal.img copy it in the wendal tool folder and run the bat file Runme.bat. select 1 to extract and the result system.img is copyed in the temp folder.
                    After you can mount this system.img with the tool OSFMount

Comment

If i remember well the only one differences in audio_policy.com from stock and nexus, is the path of the file .asoundrc that danfozzy don't find in the stock rom.

this file should contain an important part.

another way to debug the problem, and find what files are involved is this:

get the first stock rockchip rom 1.8.2013 and the last 0004 and compare with a tool like winmerge what file are changed.

you need the two system.img and you can mount it on windows like normal disks with the tool linked above in previous posts. OSFMount

to unpack the update.img to have the system.img you can use the wendal tool. rename the update.img file in wendal.img copy it in the wendal tool folder and run the bat file Runme.bat. select 1 to extract and the result system.img is copyed in the temp folder.
                      After you can mount this system.img with the tool OSFMount
                      did you manage to see anything in the logcat whilst changing the audio settings?

Comment

uploaded the files from both roms, main differences is the lack of the audio output flag direct and references to passthrough in the nexus config
                        The AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT is important, without that pass through wount be activated since libmedia checks the audio policy.
                        But I don't think if it's possible to set the AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT on the primary output.
                        You need hdmi or spdif output, and to configure that you probably need a .asoundrc file like strauzo says.
                        It's strange you can't find that file in fw004, you know that a file with a dot (.) before the name is hidden, because I'm pretty sure I have seen it on my X5.

Comment

im aware that it is a hidden file..

ive just done a full search on a fresh install of the 004 rom. its not on my system at all

in terminaal when i cd ~/ it takes me to (as that is supposedly it is in this rom)

/data/data/jackpal.androidterm/app_HOME

but when i list the dir its empty
                          Last edited by danfozzy; 09-02-2013, 13:57.

Comment

Hide Navigation Bar

Hello Strauzo

Can anybody point me on how to hide the navigation bar at the botton permanently.

Thanks
                            rdavidowski

Comment

im aware that it is a hidden file..

ive just done a full search on a fresh install of the 004 rom. its not on my system at all

in terminaal when i cd ~/ it takes me to (as that is supposedly it is in this rom)

/data/data/jackpal.androidterm/app_HOME

but when i list the dir its empty
                              I have checked my X5 now, the file is called asound.conf, not .asoundrc on these systems and is in the same directory as audio_policy.conf, /system/etc

Comment

Originally posted by rdavidowski View Post
                                Hello Strauzo

Can anybody point me on how to hide the navigation bar at the botton permanently.

Thanks
                                rdavidowski
                                enable the old tabletUi in build.prop

restart your device

and install from google play full!screen app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orn.FullScreen

Comment

Working...
                                X