Minix X7 - ROM Nexus SDK2 and Multi-Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerrykur View Post
    I would love to try my hand at building a variant of the AOSP. Could you outline the basic steps of getting the distro and getting a build environment setup. I assume most of the code is C/C++ and Java?

Thanks,

Jerry
    there is the leaked rk3188 sdk source code with all the documentation inside.

I do not know if there is everything or there are missing pieces in the code. I would like to focus on this, but I have many requests from all sides and on many projects.

I have to try to reorganize the ideas and prioritize

7.2 GB of source code

Comment

Originally posted by strauzo View Post
      there is the leaked rk3188 sdk source code with all the documentation inside.

I do not know if there is everything or there are missing pieces in the code. I would like to focus on this, but I have many requests from all sides and on many projects.

I have to try to reorganize the ideas and prioritize

7.2 GB of source code

Thanks. I got the sources. Now I have to find some time to read through them and play around. Are using 4.3 as a base or 4.2.2?

I also have to squeeze this in between my day web dev jobs and mobile app work.

Comment

Read the whole topic , but no one mention about Miracast support . I would like to know if it will be supported in the future .

Comment

Sv: Minix X7 - ROM Nexus SDK2 and Multi-Windows

How is the sound in this ROM? Are there problem with sound.. Like crisping crshshh sound.?

Comment

keyboard mapping

for the external keyboard to work you can do the following.
            connect the usb receiver of the keyboard to pc, use a program called usbview to find the vendor id und product id of the keyboard.
            using those values you can find the corresponding file (Vendor_xxxx_Product_xxxx.kl) with the keylayout on the official or finless rom, in /system/usr/keylayout. . copy this file, and paste in in the same location on the new rom. do not forget to change the permissions. reboot and go.

Comment

Originally posted by meddem View Post
              for the external keyboard to work you can do the following.
              connect the usb receiver of the keyboard to pc, use a program called usbview to find the vendor id und product id of the keyboard.
              using those values you can find the corresponding file (Vendor_xxxx_Product_xxxx.kl) with the keylayout on the official or finless rom, in /system/usr/keylayout. . copy this file, and paste in in the same location on the new rom. do not forget to change the permissions. reboot and go.
              sure this is valid for all external input devices:

when some users say device not work, i think that he say that the hardware don't do nothing, i don't understand that is only a question of keylayout.

when the custom keylayout is not present, the external input device use the Generic.kl

you can find the vendor id and product id also in android. in the folder /sys/class/input/eventX/device/id

two files vendor and product value in hex

Comment

*Delete post*
                Last edited by Lukas; 08-30-2013, 23:23.

Comment

sure this is valid for all external input devices:

when some users say device not work, i think that he say that the hardware don't do nothing, i don't understand that is only a question of keylayout.

when the custom keylayout is not present, the external input device use the Generic.kl

you can find the vendor id and product id also in android. in the folder /sys/class/input/eventX/device/id

two files vendor and product value in hex

Strauzo, Im wondering about output and maybe I have missunderstod things, but since lot of people asking for kernel1080p instead of the standard 720p that MINIX has released. So does it matter if I have a 720p vs 1080p if I want a real 1080p output to my TV for movies and tv shows. Someone stated in some thread that the 720p rom only do a upscaling of the image which means running a 1080p movie is kind of useless right?

But then I have the option in your ROM to set HDMI to 1080px60 which gets me confused - and then when entering XBMC and it's settings the highest output I can get is 720p and the controller is grayed.

Would be greatful if you or somebody else here could clearify this for me - If the case is that the android dash is scaled to 720p and real output via HDMI is 1080p and if running a 1080p movie will output real 1080p?

Comment

Originally posted by batista11b5 View Post
                    Read the whole topic , but no one mention about Miracast support . I would like to know if it will be supported in the future .
                    The rom has the miracast wifi display app, as does the stock rom.

I must say though I have never managed to get miracast to work between any of my devices. I have Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 and neither of them reliably work with the X7 (tried stock, finless and this rom). They won't talk to my miracast enabled blu ray player either.

Comment

has anybody tried webcam compability? I have a c270 and I wouldn't like to have to buy another one.
                      "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."
                      - Bill gates

Comment

Originally posted by Maximilian View Post
                        Strauzo, Im wondering about output and maybe I have missunderstod things, but since lot of people asking for kernel1080p instead of the standard 720p that MINIX has released. So does it matter if I have a 720p vs 1080p if I want a real 1080p output to my TV for movies and tv shows. Someone stated in some thread that the 720p rom only do a upscaling of the image which means running a 1080p movie is kind of useless right?

But then I have the option in your ROM to set HDMI to 1080px60 which gets me confused - and then when entering XBMC and it's settings the highest output I can get is 720p and the controller is grayed.

Would be greatful if you or somebody else here could clearify this for me - If the case is that the android dash is scaled to 720p and real output via HDMI is 1080p and if running a 1080p movie will output real 1080p?
                        This ROM is upscale to 1080p. If you want to have real 1080p, please use the boot and kernel provide in Finless package. In this case, xbmc will fine with 720p movies, not good with 1080p movies. However, mx player is perfect for both.

Comment

Originally posted by trungk43 View Post
                          This ROM is upscale to 1080p. If you want to have real 1080p, please use the boot and kernel provide in Finless package. In this case, xbmc will fine with 720p movies, not good with 1080p movies. However, mx player is perfect for both.
                          If the kernel of finless package have inside the vsync patch made by Phjanderson can create problems on the Nexus rom.

I use the standard first stock kernel without any patch inside the nexus rom.

The rom can became unstable. make same tests to be sure. specially start antutu and look if you have problems in score specially in GPU scores. compare the scores with both kernels.

I suggest to use the kernel inside the nexus rom to have the best performances in the nexus rom. but you can test by yourself.

A request to BOB:
                          can you patch also the kernel inside the nexus rom to switch from 720 to 1080 for now that we don't have the complete source code / config of the kernel ?

p.s.
                          a regular android device, can autput 1080p videos also if the ui resolution is at 720p
                          example get a galaxy s 3 or another good device. the resolution of the ui is 720p but if you play 1080p video when the phone is attached with mhl adapter to your tv the video is displayed at 1080p.

the hmi transmitter of rk3188 support both 720p and 1080p and the output should be changed dinamically based on the content resolution.

i'm working on this. I'm trying to understand why rk3188 don't work like all other android devices.

For me is not simple to understand because when i attach my minix x7 + nexus rom to my samsung tv 55 inch i see that the resolution is 1080p and i can see 1080p videos very well.
                          (I'm not talking about the resolution of the ui, icons and web pages)

how i can understand that the real resolution for videos is not 1080p if my tv show 1080p ?
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-31-2013, 11:46.

Comment

If the kernel of finless package have inside the vsync patch made by Phjanderson can create problems on the Nexus rom.

I use the standard first stock kernel without any patch inside the nexus rom.

The rom can became unstable. make same tests to be sure. specially start antutu and look if you have problems in score specially in GPU scores. compare the scores with both kernels.

I suggest to use the kernel inside the nexus rom to have the best performances in the nexus rom. but you can test by yourself.

A request to BOB:
                            can you patch also the kernel inside the nexus rom to switch from 720 to 1080 for now that we don't have the complete source code / config of the kernel ?
                            Strauzo, you may be right about the unstable. I just try the kernel made by Phjanderson, using 1080p kernel. Antutu is 18353, very high. Xbmc is fine at 1920x1080, 60fps. However, the box restart automaticly when I play Celine.Dion.Live.In.Las.Vegas.2008.Bluray.1080p.DT S.x264.dxva for 10 minutes.

Updated: I played the clip again and the result is perfect, no restart
                            Last edited by trungk43; 08-31-2013, 11:30.

Comment

Strauzo

Just been speaking with Stafstrom regarding the pass through patch and why it's not working. He believes it won't work as it could be down to a kernel problem.

Ran a little test that threw back an error, it's all in that thread

Comment

Originally posted by danfozzy View Post
                                Strauzo

Just been speaking with Stafstrom regarding the pass through patch and why it's not working. He believes it won't work as it could be down to a kernel problem.

Ran a little test that threw back an error, it's all in that thread
                                try copy this files from stock rom 0004 rom to nexus rom and let me know

/system/lib/hw/alsa.default.so
                                /system/lib/hw/audio.primary.rk30board.so
                                /system/etc/audio_policy.conf
                                /system/etc/asound.conf
                                /system/usr/share/alsa/.asoundrc
                                /system/usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf

Comment

Working...
                                X