No announcement yet.

Minix X7 - ROM Nexus SDK2 and Multi-Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No joy with the pass through files. Copied them all over and also stafstroms patch for the nexus Rom. No change to the listings in sound about either

Just gonna test using the 004 libmedia seen as we change all the sound files to the 004 fw

Edit, no joy there either. That mean it's a kernel issue?

Comment

OK let me tell you about porting tablet ROMs to TV stick and just trying to use lib files and such.

Functions like the audio have to also be enabled in framework and permissions set etc for it to work (folders setup in /sys and permissions). So minix customizes framework and other areas so it shows up in menus AND when this is compiled it produces the lib files based off the kernel tree being built on.

So for many custom things like this just adding lib files will not make it show up in the menus! This is why some HDMI settings don't show up either! The framework does not match the kernel generated area and permissions!

To really make things like this work we would need the Android SDK sources at a minimum! It would just be too damn hard to try and add this stuff in .smali code! Trust me I have tried!

Prime example: right mouse button as back
      Not only does this involve libinput.so but also the services and framework have to "use it" or "call it". Just putting libinput.so in the ROM does not mean it will work.

My 3 cents.... In the end without full sources for SDK2, getting some of these features of TV sticks working on a tablet ROM wont be easy!

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: Minix X7 - ROM Nexus SDK2 and Multi-Windows

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        OK let me tell you about porting tablet ROMs to TV stick and just trying to use lib files and such.

Functions like the audio have to also be enabled in framework and permissions set etc for it to work (folders setup in /sys and permissions). So minix customizes framework and other areas so it shows up in menus AND when this is compiled it produces the lib files based off the kernel tree being built on.

So for many custom things like this just adding lib files will not make it show up in the menus! This is why some HDMI settings don't show up either! The framework does not match the kernel generated area and permissions!

To really make things like this work we would need the Android SDK sources at a minimum! It would just be too damn hard to try and add this stuff in .smali code! Trust me I have tried!

Prime example: right mouse button as back
        Not only does this involve libinput.so but also the services and framework have to "use it" or "call it". Just putting libinput.so in the ROM does not mean it will work.

My 3 cents.... In the end without full sources for SDK2, getting some of these features of TV sticks working on a tablet ROM wont be easy!

Bob
        I sometimes think we want too much from these sticks. They're very cheap and disposable and the performance were getting from them is great (with the excellent work from you and the devs on here). I'm perfectly happy with what I've got from the x7 and the extras I would like is just my 'obsession' with getting the 'perfect' combination of kernel and ROM.

Sent from my Firefly V65 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

can someone please post some Pictures of this rom ?

thanks a lot

Comment

Patched 1080 Nexus Kernel

By request I patched the Nexus Kernel to true 1080P.

You can get it here:

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              By request I patched the Nexus Kernel to true 1080P.

You can get it here:

Bob
              Thanks. great work bob. i will test it

Comment

Originally posted by danfozzy View Post
                just tried mounting finless's 1.5a system.img and it wont let me access it, saying it needs formating

edit, just used a linux reader to pull the files. The only one that wasnt present was the /system/usr/share/alsa/.asoundrc file. ill try copying the ones ive pull now, hopefully that one thats missing from 004 isnt to important?

ive attached them if anyone is interested, from finless 1.5 rom
                you should enable the visualization of hidden files to see .asoundrc
                this file is important.

and after you should use
                the original hdmi pass through patch for standard stock rom, not the one made for nexus.

but after copy files be sure to reboot your device.

from yesterday i have big problems on my adsl connection. very very slow. (my provider problems)

I have not managed to download the latest stock rom.

i think that we can have the hdmi pass through like the stock rom , also if we can't see the option in settings. in this way xbmc can use it. there is also other binary files involved like:

in bin folder:
                alsa_aplay
                alsa*

others in
                in usr/share/alsa

we must test
                Last edited by Guest; 08-31-2013, 19:52.

Comment

Sv: Minix X7 - ROM Nexus SDK2 and Multi-Windows

Any sound noise on this ROM?

Comment

This rom + this netflix version: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1178425 works splendid

Comment

Hi, if you need a mirror for the X7 stock 004 ROM.. I've uploaded it here: <DELETED>
                      Last edited by Molle; 01-31-2014, 11:28. Reason: Administrative action

Comment

Originally posted by mel5582 View Post
                        Hi, if you need a mirror for the X7 stock 004 ROM.. I've uploaded it here: <DELETED>
                        thanks.
                        Last edited by Molle; 01-31-2014, 11:27. Reason: Administrative action

Comment

Originally posted by Knut.hex View Post
                          This rom + this netflix version: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1178425 works splendid
                          also with the version in google play should work well.

Comment

Originally posted by strauzo View Post
                            you should enable the visualization of hidden files to see .asoundrc
                            this file is important.

and after you should use
                            the original hdmi pass through patch for standard stock rom, not the one made for nexus.

but after copy files be sure to reboot your device.

from yesterday i have big problems on my adsl connection. very very slow. (my provider problems)

I have not managed to download the latest stock rom.

i think that we can have the hdmi pass through like the stock rom , also if we can't see the option in settings. in this way xbmc can use it. there is also other binary files involved like:

in bin folder:
                            alsa_aplay
                            alsa*

others in
                            in usr/share/alsa

we must test
                            the linux reader im using doesnt have an option to view hidden files, and i cant seem to find one that does.

im pretty sure its not there
                            Last edited by danfozzy; 08-31-2013, 21:05.

Comment

finnally i downloaded the stock 0004 rom to check files.

in the stock rom inside /system/usr/share/alsa.conf the path of the file .asoundrc is

"~/.asoundrc"

instead in the nexus rom the path is

"/system/usr/share/alsa/.asoundrc"

i need this file from the stock 0004 rom, i don't find it on system.img, i think that is autogenerated at install time, but i'm not be sure. But if you have installed the stock rom can you get this file and post.

Comment

Originally posted by strauzo View Post
                                finnally i downloaded the stock 0004 rom to check files.

in the stock rom inside /system/usr/share/alsa.conf the path of the file .asoundrc is

"~/.asoundrc"

instead in the nexus rom the path is

"/system/usr/share/alsa/.asoundrc"

i need this file from the stock 0004 rom, i don't find it on system.img, i think that is autogenerated at install time, but i'm not be sure. But if you have installed the stock rom can you get this file and post.
                                I'll 're install 004 In the morning, any other files or folders you recommend me copying?

Comment

Working...
                                X