Originally posted by gefattern

Hi ,

why you not use the "rooted" Version from 22.5 , i think , i use it too ,

and SuperSU is installed , but you can not update the Binarys or App ,

not sure but i think the Yundoo Y8 Superceleron shall work , shall ask

Superceleron if it has the same Wifichip ,

good luck / gefattern
    thanks for replay.
    i have downloaded the firmware but i dont have the usb 3 and type c cable thats why i updated online.
    i wish someone help us to install supersu.

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 57beats View Post
      thanks for replay.
      i have downloaded the firmware but i dont have the usb 3 and type c cable thats why i updated online.
      i wish someone help us to install supersu.

Hi ,

i wish there would be a working Rom with the possibility to update SuperSU Binarys & App ,

u only need a USB Type C Cable , for the rest you can use a USB2 Cable , i did it the same ,

i dont have USB3 ports on my PC , it works , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

i wish there would be a working Rom with the possibility to update SuperSU Binarys & App ,

u only need a USB Type C Cable , for the rest you can use a USB2 Cable , i did it the same ,

i dont have USB3 ports on my PC , it works , good luck / gefattern
        Thanks a lot for your help

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help

Hi ,

please report when the flash was successful ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

please report when the flash was successful ,

greetings / gefattern
            The box does not work anymore

Comment

• mo123
              mo123 commented
              Editing a comment
              You just bricked your device.
              There is very little change to recover it.
              I have 2 RK3288 devices with the same problem and after a week still couldn't fix them.

Good day! In OTA update 20181010 there is a root (checked by root checker) and Titanium shows that there is a root. KODI saves the settings after turning off the set-top box from the electrical network. Voice search does not always work correctly. I patched the firmware from March through the usb-type-c cable (according to the instructions that I wrote earlier in the topic http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...254#post728254), after which I received an update via OTA. Sorry for my English, I hope someone will be useful this information.

Comment

The box does not work anymore

Hi ,

what the shit is happen to your Box , really strange , before the Box worked well & now

"download boot fail" , this is the same Error i have on my UT3/RK3288 , until now i was

not able to restore , we really need to know why this happens & how it can be fixed ?!?!

Try it with "MaskRomMode" by "short Pins" , but even this not helped on my UT3 ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

• mo123
                mo123 commented
                Editing a comment
                I also have 2 bricked RK3288 devices now, whatever I flash in Loader or MaskROM Mode, I get 'Download boot fail' or 'Test device failed'.
                I also tried to flash in Linux, didn't help.
                When I flash Wasser or Ugoos sdcard firmware from 4pda and run it from a micro-sd card it works. All the Ugoos Ubuntu sdcard images, I can't get to boot from a micro-sd card flashing with WinDiskImage. If someone has a Linux that can boot from a micro-sd card or know how to flash it with SDCard Tools or something, please let me know so I can try the dd command.

Why rk3328, rk3229 never get Download boot fail or can be recovered in MaskROM mode easily but not rk3288 or rk3399?

Hi ,

what the shit is happen to your Box , really strange , before the Box worked well & now

"download boot fail" , this is the same Error i have on my UT3/RK3288 , until now i was

not able to restore , we really need to know why this happens & how it can be fixed ?!?!

Try it with "MaskRomMode" by "short Pins" , but even this not helped on my UT3 ,

good luck / gefattern
              please help me with any solution

Comment

• mo123
                mo123 commented
                Editing a comment
                Unless gefattern or I find a solution to unbrick our devices, there is no known way to recover it, you now joined the 'brick club'.

Hey guys

If you are not "master" experience even good experience.... dont touch your devices especially for ""flashing"" effect!

and especially for "RK3xxxx" devices!!

Than you will go to "Bricked Club"

Seems that those RK3399 even more complicated and didnt find proper solutions!

RK3399 with Ram/Rom 4/32 very good combination,awesome picture quality,very fast etc.,
              But than???? who knows??

RK3399 or our X99 like a "adventure"

++

Comment

please help me with any solution

Hi ,

Mo123 is right until now i know no Way to fix this , where did you bought the Box ,

contact the Seller , because this may not happen while stock flashing , report ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix90 View Post
                  Good day! In OTA update 20181010 there is a root (checked by root checker) and Titanium shows that there is a root. KODI saves the settings after turning off the set-top box from the electrical network. Voice search does not always work correctly. I patched the firmware from March through the usb-type-c cable (according to the instructions that I wrote earlier in the topic http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...254#post728254), after which I received an update via OTA. Sorry for my English, I hope someone will be useful this information.
                  Hi

This msg/info seems good to me!

I wanna start to flashing if I can(I'm afraid reading about those some of complains!)

KODI is important for me then with this ROM if still going on thats mean OK for me

"Voice search" function does not important and I never use it!

++

As I understood that first of all I'v to install(flashed) "March F/W"(is it correct??) than I will re-install/flash 20181010 "BY OTA"??

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post

Hi

I wanna start to flashing if I can(I'm afraid reading about those some of complains!)

KODI is important for me then with this ROM if still going on thats mean OK for me

++

As I understood that first of all I'v to install(flashed) "March F/W"(is it correct??) than I will re-install/flash 20181010 "BY OTA"??
                    Hi ,

i think it was the Rom of August , somewhere here to read , but after this bad message of User

"57beats" i am not sure to do any update , good luck / report / gefattern

Comment

in fact I'm afraid too!

or at least again one by one all flashing steps to do that

such as which Android Tool and Driver Assistance we could to use it? because now mine F/W date is "20180525"

as I understood that firstly I have to re-install(return)/Flashing>>> "AUGUST" f/w and than my "OTA" function to be come usefull
                      than upgrade it by WiFi OTA?? in order to get latest F/W?

I'm little confuse

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post

Hi

++

Hello.
                        Download this firmware. https://yadi.sk/d/MGbElfMyTDgdhw.M%D...BA%D0%B0%D1%8F
                        Install it according to this instruction (http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...fi-bt4-1/page5)
                        Link to the driver and flasher https://yadi.sk/d/pkhxP_KO3WZkXz
                        Next, get an update on OTA after the firmware. Nothing complicated.

Comment

now I'v re-flashed my device to the>>>20180323

seems flashing is OK but I cant enter my GooglePlay account!! when I clicked Sign Chrome or Add Account or PlayStore there is nothing happened!
                          so I do not anything without Google account any info for that?

than tried all other pre-installed apk.s all are OK
                          YouTube/NetFlix etc OK

only I do not enter and sign my Google account!

now than tried OTA Update thru "WiFi" and found the F/W and now awaiting finishing of the update...

Comment

Working...
                          X