X99 TV BOX - RK3399 Mali - T860MP4 4/32GB ROM A7.1 HDR10 Dual WiFi BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for helping.

For now kodi is playing my 4k movies from hdd very well for about 3 or 4 min...(.also sound and subtitles).. then it shuts down?

But it is playing well with VCL player.

Sound problems are only with MX player.

I will write again in one or two days, when i check more.

Comment

Hi ,

use a Hub with Powersupply , 5V/2000mah was not even enough for gaming on my X99 ,

try 5V/3000mah Powersupply or a powered Hub , good luck , gefattern

Comment

You mean for x99 ?

the x99 box came with 5V/ 3000mA !

Comment

Yes @gefatterns meant X99 and he said that Power-Supply 5V/3A(mine also 3A,but some of them 2A !!!)

X99 Box power supply(for H/W) not good or not enough! so if you wanna to use HUB then prefere ext.powered HUB!!

>for playing some especially 4K videos;KODI stop it or never play it or after one/two minutes than stop it!

those are same happen on my Box too!

And if you wanna to play those 4K videos such as with VLC OK(mine is OK too) or with MXPlayer OK(mine is OK too)
          But MXPlayer sometimes gives you Sound problem! (mine is same!) on 4K even 1080p/720p too!!

Note;for better Kodi video decoding especially on 4K videos try these settings;

-from KODI Settings
          >Player Settings
          >Videos;Processing>>Allow hardware acceleration-MediaCodec(Surface);click to ENABLE
          and Allow hardware acceleration-MediaCodec;click to ENABLE

make sure that this 2 functions to be ENABLED!!! than you can play it your 4K videos easly!

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
            Yes @gefatterns meant X99 and he said that Power-Supply 5V/3A(mine also 3A,but some of them 2A !!!)

X99 Box power supply(for H/W) not good or not enough! so if you wanna to use HUB then prefere ext.powered HUB!!

>for playing some especially 4K videos;KODI stop it or never play it or after one/two minutes than stop it!

those are same happen on my Box too!

And if you wanna to play those 4K videos such as with VLC OK(mine is OK too) or with MXPlayer OK(mine is OK too)
            But MXPlayer sometimes gives you Sound problem! (mine is same!) on 4K even 1080p/720p too!!

Note;for better Kodi video decoding especially on 4K videos try these settings;

-from KODI Settings
            >Player Settings
            >Videos;Processing>>Allow hardware acceleration-MediaCodec(Surface);click to ENABLE
            and Allow hardware acceleration-MediaCodec;click to ENABLE

make sure that this 2 functions to be ENABLED!!! than you can play it your 4K videos easly!
            you should try XPlayer (Video Player All Format) works much better than vlc and mx player

Comment

[QUOTE=JoseM;n740024]

Hello

Does Xplayer support dts ac3 acc true audio ? or do you need to download a codec pack ?

Michael T.
              3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
              CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
              Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
              Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

Hi Jose thx fr yr advise,I'll try it tonight

I never use VLC,do not like it
                and I use MXPlayer sometimes,I mostly use KODI because such as MXPlayer Audio support is not good!(low volume)
                but plays 4K videos a little bit better than KODI!!

++

Comment

Hello! I want to buy this box and have 2 questions:

1. Does the box root? If not, is it possible?

2. I want to install a 30mm fan. Can someone tell me where I solder the cables (+ and - 12v) on the mainboard?

Comment

Originally posted by Androidum View Post
                    Hello! I want to buy this box and have 2 questions:

1. Does the box root? If not, is it possible?

2. I want to install a 30mm fan. Can someone tell me where I solder the cables (+ and - 12v) on the mainboard?

Hi ,

first , yes , but SuperSU can not be updated with the rooted Rom , hope new Version fix this ,

second , most Users solder them to the USB Port , if this Box really fit your needs , buy it ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi to all ,

i made a Antutu test first Time on my X99 , the Result was 96581 ,

not bad , small Info ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

first , yes , but SuperSU can not be updated with the rooted Rom , hope new Version fix this
                        OK thank you! I buy the box, just install SuperSU and i have ROOT?

Comment

If you want "RK3399" than your first choice to be H96 instead of X99

I'v X99 and I'm not happy so much but its not bad too or at least RK3399 Picture Quality way better than AML912

So RK3399 OK but the Boxes of RK3399 a lot of issues!

Comment

I've been looking for a cheap box for games for a long time. Nvidia Shield is too expensive. Now I found these. I think the graphics card is very good compared to others!? What are the problems?

The heat problem can be solved easily...

Comment

I've been looking for a cheap box for games for a long time. Nvidia Shield is too expensive. Now I found these. I think the graphics card is very good compared to others!? What are the problems?

Hi ,

RK3399 is not bad for Gaming , but can never reach a Shield , hope you will

get what you want , good luck / gefattern

Comment

X99 if "cheap" than you can buy it

"Problems" pls read this thread carefully

Yes GCard way better than AML912 or others

"KODI" is a real problem and if you wanna to install Kodi than you should be flashed SU Rooted ROM!!!!
                                with stock ROM you wouldnt use KODI!!!

"HEAT" is not a big issue and I'm living in Antalya with around 40C daily now since a long days!
                                I made "stress test" 40/42C weather at least daily this Box open around 15hours!!
                                I do not use Air-conditioner

++
                                Last edited by bergamesk; 08-19-2018, 15:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X