Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

Originally posted by ScottTait View Post
    As far as I know Angry Birds Star Wars doesn't work with Rockchip r29 tablets (I think that's what I read somewhere)

I have a problem with all other versions of angry birds not working. I'm using the 1.5c rom on an Arnova 10 g2, hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me
    Using 2.2b of Finless' ROM I can run all versions of Angry Birds (original, Rio, Seasons & Space) EXCEPT Star Wars version. It will install (because Google Play thinks it's a Galaxy Tab) but it won't run.

Harold

My name's Harold and I'm a flashaholic....
    Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
    HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
    Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

I have now debugged Angry Birds star wars on 2.2B. We do not have enough memory to run it!

So this is why it wont work. We need a meg of memory not 512!

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

It is sad that app dev's have run off and left totally behind the technology that was bleeding edge exactly a year ago.

I gave my G2 to my daughter a couple of months ago and then a few days ago she brought it to me and said her game wouldn't work. Shure enough it updated, and now requires a beefier platform to run. Really?

At the very least, she can use it for Kindle or Nook to read her books for school still. (until they too won't work on anything less than Jellybean)

I hate to even mention this, but my 2 year old tablet running Froyo is far less useful except for very basic stuff. It's an Archos 70.

We here at Freaktab sometimes marvel at how fast the tech is advancing, but I'm old school enough to believe that one year old technology becoming obsolete over night is a huge waste. Hell, a good PC back in the early days could give you at least 3-4 years of service before it earned its place in the Smithsonian.

That's my soapbox for the night. It's been a while...I didn't think I still had it in me...ha!!!!
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by HaroldG View Post
          Using 2.2b of Finless' ROM I can run all versions of Angry Birds (original, Rio, Seasons & Space) EXCEPT Star Wars version. It will install (because Google Play thinks it's a Galaxy Tab) but it won't run.

Harold

My name's Harold and I'm a flashaholic....

Same here Harold, I have the following versions of Angry Birds ALL WORKING with NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

Angry Birds 2.20
          Angry Birds Rio 1.4.4
          Angry Birds Seasons 2.5.0
          Angry Birds Space 1.1.0

These are the latest versions that will work with the 2.2 Pro ROM, any versions after these do not work (I've tested the most recent updates and the ones after those stated above)

Hope that helps anyone else with the same problem

Comment

Boot up time?

After all applications are reinstalled, will the tablet continue to boot up as quickly as it shows on the video? That would be wonderful. Mine presently takes 90 seconds to 2 minutes to boot up, so I rarely turn it off. Thanks for any info to be offered.

Comment

Hello friends,
              I have Finless V1.5 rom on board,
              I want to install the recovery so you can flash any rom newer, but the tablet does not go into fastboot or with the combination vol-and power nor with the adb command, so basically it starts normally.
              I also tried to put the file in the root folder of the update, the update is detected, but once again does not install anything.
              how do I go out? there is a method?
              thanks....excuse for the english but is translated from italian with google

Comment

Still 1gb ram after Finless V1.5 removed

Because of a battery issue I had to go back from Finless V1.5 to factory settings. I noticed after that I still had 1gb of ram rather than the 512mb that came with the tablet. I don't know why and I don't care if it is real or virtual ram. It makes it much easier to install apps. and I don't get the ole notice"not enough room." Now I am working on a power port issue which I read is common. It connects and then disconnects with the plug is moved. Anyone out there come up with simple solution for this?

Comment

Arcnova 10 2g

Thanks Bob.
                  Followed your instructions worked perfect.
                  Xbmc working as well.
                  Cheers. Chrismc321.

Comment

Cant find the download for "Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5"

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    UPDATE 4/8/2012. ROM is now 1.5c
                    Google updated the Play Store to 3.5.16 and some apps.
                    The new ROM is just an update for APP Injector and the latest Google store, etc.
                    NO ROM changes.

The ROM download is below and includes the new App Injector Package. Note file name is now 1.5c

OK folks the wait is over! Been quite a few weeks getting everything together but my 1.5 ROM for the Arnova 10 G2 is done! THIS IS ONLY for the 10 G2! THIS IS NOT for the 10b G2 or any other model like resistive screen ,etc!
                    NOTE! ALWAYS REBOOT AFTER THE FIRST BOOT FLASHING MY ROM! You may have no SD Card showing, No Audio, or other issues after first boot after a flash. So after first boot, reboot!

I have to say this has been a labor of love by many people!

Now before I go into what this ROM is, I want to answer a few things for some folks asking I put other stuff in this ROM. This is a total debloat for TOP performance! If any of you want me to make additions like adding Fenice57's bluetooth, 3g, etc, let me know and if there is enough demand I will make a derivative ROM with those added. Realize however the BT and 3G drivers will NOT make all BT and 3G sticks work!!! Only those which the drivers support. Best I can offer to those that want it.

So what is this ROM anyway? Bottom line it is all about performance! To find out more:
                    1) Read the README.TXT file in the ROM kit! I explain a lot in there.
                    2) Watch the video I made explaining what my 1.5 ROM is, the benefits and reasons, and instructions on how to get the most out of it using Petrus' APP Injector!

Here is the video download:
                    VIDEO -> Arnova 10G2 Finless 1.5 ROM Overview and Instructions (91 megs)

Here is a summary of 1.5 taken from the README:
                    Features in 1.5 "performance" ROM:
                    1) This has all the same features of my 1.4 ROM. FAST and REAL ext4 file system, 1gig app space, full root,etc.
                    2) This is a total debloat of the ROM. All apps, etc are removed except a file explorer as you have to have that to do anything later. Google Play (Market) is also NOT installed. See below as I supply in this kit a APP injector. The reason for this is file system fragmentation! Having a ROM with a bunch of stuff you do not want in it, you remove them and then install others and this leaves the file system a mess. Especially on NAND memory devices! Now you can install what you want after flashing and keep a nice clean file system
                    3) A full "settings" menu system! This is something many have asked for. Special thanks to Miklaus for making this new settings.apk. Now you get accounts and sync settings and all the stuff that has been missing from Arnova ROMs.
                    4) A new WPA_Supplicant that will allow you to connect WiFi to Ad-hoc networks. Thank the Nextbook guys for figuring this one out!
                    5) This has the latest Arnova Kernel and /system files!!!! This came from the recently released Arnova ROM for the "philly" 10G2 tablet from February 2012. Why the hell Arnova has not updated the regular 10 G2 I do not know. But this kernel has many fixes in it for problems that existed before.
                    6) In this ROM kit is Petrus' APP Injector. This was written specifically to support my 1.5 ROM. What this does is after flashing you can now "inject" Google Play, Google add-on apps, Stock Arnova apps, Arnova "add-on" apps and the stock "Philly" apps if you have a philly 10G2 and want that stuff. You get to pick and choose what you want and not get stuff you do not want! It properly injects this stuff CLEANLY either in /system/app or data/app! A lot of testing went into this and where best to inject these apps for performance!
                    7) This has my clear status bar at the top! However if you want the old status bar back contact me on FeakTab and I will give you the files and tell you how to put it back.
                    8) I have removed the stupid Arnova "wizard" that causes the screen calibration to show up every time you do a reset. It is actually not removed I simply renamed it from Wizard.apk to Wizard.aps. This thing is really not needed. BUT removing it also stopped the "setup wizard" to also not show up on first boot. Big deal really. If you want all this back, simply open a "root" file explorer and go to /system/app and rename Wizard.aps to Wizard.apk. You now have all that back.

Everything I have removed can be put back using Petrus' APP Injector! So I am not going to list everything removed. Trust me IT WAS A LOT OF CRAP Run his App Injector and see the list for yourself
                    In the kit is a NEW folder called APP Injector.
                    Please watch my video if you can’t figure out how to use it.
                    But here are QUICK instructions:
                    To use app injector you must do the following
                    1) In the kit is a folder called App Injector. Copy the 2 files appinjector.apk and package.zip from that to the ROOT of your sdcard either external or internal if you do not have a physical sdcard.
                    2) On the tablet open your sdcard using the file manager. Tap on appinjector.apk to install it.
                    3) Run app injector. If you copied package.zip properly to the root directory of your sdcard you should be presented with a list of apps.
                    4) Click the box next to each app you want to inject.
                    5) Then at the top just tap the button "Install selected applications". It will then inject all the apps you selected!
                    6) At this point you can uninstall appinjector if you like or leave it and later come back and install other apps!
                    NOTE: If you click on an app that has already been installed, it WILL overwrite and reinstall the app.

Credits:
                    Special credits to the 1.5 development people:
                    1) Petrus for the APP Injector. Without his work here things would be a lot harder for you guys to put apps back on this ROM and keep it FAST. He spent a lot of time to make this work and trust me... I AM PICKY. Awesome Job Petrus!
                    2) Miklaus for his very COOL "system settings" APK. Miklaus is the MAN for reverse engineering this! THANK YOU Miklaus! I know a lot of others will love this too!
                    3) Fenice57 for his still awesome performing ext4 file system
                    4) Daman for his boot screens and super fast bootanimation. So you know, Daman's boot Animation is only 2 screens and very FAST. I tested and it only slows boot time by 2 seconds!

OK so enough jibber jabber.... Here is the download:

ROM -> Arnova 10G2 Finless Version 1.5 ROM (200 megs)

Again here is the video download link as well in case some missed it above.
                    VIDEO -> Arnova 10G2 Finless 1.5 ROM Overview and Instructions (91 megs)

I hope you 10G2 owners enjoy this ROM. Please feel free to provide feedback.

Bob

P.S. Sorry my video is in English (American). I can't speak other languages well enough to be comfortable doing a video with them. If I tried it would be a mess and a 2 hour video because I speak so slow
                    I now this thread is old, but just picked up a Arnova 10 G2 and would like to root it and make it more useable. Its way to slow the way I is. Thank

Comment

Originally posted by mc-johns View Post
                      I now this thread is old, but just picked up a Arnova 10 G2 and would like to root it and make it more useable. Its way to slow the way I is. Thank

sorry but we had some issues and most of the roms got wiped from our server we have been trying to get them uploaded again .

if your going to use the 1.5 rom you might as well go with the last version and do the gingercomb rom for your tab ,it's great !!!

i will give you a link to it in a hour or so i have a few things to do and i'll get back to you .
                      freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Can I please get a link to the gingercomb latest one aswell please

Comment

Originally posted by SHREK1802 View Post
                          Can I please get a link to the gingercomb latest one aswell please

will give you a link when i get home tonight

Comment

here you go man, just follow the instructions in the read me and you'll be fine

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/uogJkg1Vb...a_CWM.zip.html edit: no longer on file swap so this is dead .
                            Last edited by tattman65; 02-02-2017, 23:29.

Comment

That's brill thanks mate Gona try it now

thanks again

Comment

Download link in the first post is now fixed.

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X