X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jem111111
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    If the hardware has failed, thats all you can do. Just make sure your not missing something simple. If windows will not find the hardware at all no matter what, I fear you may have had a hardware failure. You would be #5 I have heard of so far

Bob

This is strange , it wont come up in recovery mode , but if i press the reset again , windows complains , i click on it and it brings up a usb unknown problem . If i uninstall the drivers of the usb , then disconect the tablet , go through the whole recovery again ..it goes through what you would expect , seeing usb device and its as if its loading the drivers again, but nothing appears in device manager ..so its as if it nearly sees it . I have used many different usb and cables , so i know its not them ..doh!!

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    While I frown on people that return tablets they messed up, flashing a ROM is a fundamental function that should work. Suppose he was flashing the stock Arnova ROM per the Arnova web site? All in the limits of the warrenty! So custom ROM or not, a hardware failure is a hardware failure and should be taken care of.

Problem is based on others posts I have seen recently. It appears Arnova has stopped production of this tablet and none can be had anymore. The bummer is they may not have one to give him in it's place

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Damo
    replied
    you have gone through all the basics, if you can't get it into recovery mode than the nand has failed.

Yes back to the shop and remember, you wasn't trying to flash your tablet was you

Sent from my CUBE U9GT 2 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    If the hardware has failed, thats all you can do. Just make sure your not missing something simple. If windows will not find the hardware at all no matter what, I fear you may have had a hardware failure. You would be #5 I have heard of so far

Bob

Leave a comment:

• jem111111
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    If your flash ROM failed then your tablet is dead. Lets hope not. Make sure maybe your USB cable has not failed in some way? etc.... But know that since I have been doing this I have seen about 4 tablets flash ROM fail even after successful flashes before! It is possible. As Damo said if the hardware has not failed you cannot permanently brick these tablets.

Bob
    So is this a case of take it back to the shop and see if they will replace it or send it off to see if it can be fixed ??

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    If your flash ROM failed then your tablet is dead. Lets hope not. Make sure maybe your USB cable has not failed in some way? etc.... But know that since I have been doing this I have seen about 4 tablets flash ROM fail even after successful flashes before! It is possible. As Damo said if the hardware has not failed you cannot permanently brick these tablets.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• jem111111
    replied
    Originally posted by Damo View Post
    Was your battery level okay before you started?

You should always be able to get these into recovery mode unless your tablet is seriously bust, or one of the buttons for recovery mode is jammed.

Try giving it a charge or plug it in and try again

Yes it was fully charged , and i also had the mains in when i tried it, and now when i plug the mains in i see the green light .. i could let it discharge , but i have no idea if its on or off as all i see is a blank screen.

Leave a comment:

• Damo
    replied
    Was your battery level okay before you started?

You should always be able to get these into recovery mode unless your tablet is seriously bust, or one of the buttons for recovery mode is jammed.

Try giving it a charge or plug it in and try again

Leave a comment:

• jem111111
    replied
    Have you rebooted your computer since you flashed, quite rarely a reboot on your pc is needed due to a system lock. Up.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

Yes I also did that , doh!!

Leave a comment:

• Damo
    replied
    Have you rebooted your computer since you flashed, quite rarely a reboot on your pc is needed due to a system lock. Up.

Leave a comment:

• H88RRY
    replied
    nooby here

I was just wondering if anyone could guide me on 3G support. I have a Huawei e160g and a ZTE mf112 dongle and just want help on getting these to run

any help will be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by H88RRY; 04-12-2012, 21:54.

Leave a comment:

• jem111111
    replied
    You need to long press the power off button and make sure it is definitely off. Repeat you steps to put it back into recovery mode. Now reflash again, sounds like a bad flash first time

Thanks DAMO i have tried that , yet still the same , i have even tried other usb slots and cables

Leave a comment:

• Damo
    replied
    Originally posted by jem111111 View Post
    Hi Bob i previously loaded 1.4 with no problems and so decided to go for 1.5 . It seemed to go ok , I saw it reboot then nothing..blank . and now nothing happens . I tried putting it back into recovery mode (volume up . reset pin ), the computer says it usb not recognised , but nothimg appears in device manager. tried running rk 29 but obviously it does not see the tablet. so im at a loss how i can restore anything to the tablet . any ideas where i go from here please
    You need to long press the power off button and make sure it is definitely off. Repeat you steps to put it back into recovery mode. Now reflash again, sounds like a bad flash first time

Leave a comment:

• jem111111
    replied
    bricked ?? help please

Hi Bob i previously loaded 1.4 with no problems and so decided to go for 1.5 . It seemed to go ok , I saw it reboot then nothing..blank . and now nothing happens . I tried putting it back into recovery mode (volume up . reset pin ), the computer says it usb not recognised , but nothimg appears in device manager. tried running rk 29 but obviously it does not see the tablet. so im at a loss how i can restore anything to the tablet . any ideas where i go from here please

Leave a comment:

• Maxgjr
    replied
    Bob you rule.

Thx for the efforts.. Best Rom EVAH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X