Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S PRO L Netflix error tvq pb 103 (2.10.0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

Why would you trash it ?
    It still runs iptv, cyberflix, kodi, bee tv and a ton of other apps.
    My knowledge is poor. After loading new software netflix will work ?

Comment

Originally posted by tomeksup View Post

My knowledge is poor. After loading new software netflix will work ?
      NO.
      Netflix does not work at HD anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JKow View Post
        @mo123 from this it looks, however, that more than three - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...atible_devices
        Here is a more up to date list with Netflix Logos designating Netflix approved devices:

​​​​​​https://sites.google.com/view/droid-tv/

The only Google Certified Android devices these days are ones running an Android TV OS.

Comment

So I am thinking of switching to Xiaomi Mi Box S. Anyone have had any experience with these boxes? It seems to have good reviews?

Comment

I am thinking to buy xiaomi mi s 4k. Mecool me8s pro L i useless for me. Trash bin is waiting.

Comment

Waiting for this new device to be shown at the CES 2019, Jan. 8. Totally NEW concept.

http://www.skyboxe.com/
              • Premium HDTV Box

ATSC for free local channels, SD function, gaming, Google play store, voice remote, movies and social networking. Pair it up with a compatible keyboard and you are good to go.
              • Powered by Android TV

Running Android 9.0, SKYBOXE offers all the features of Google?s flagship operating system.
              • Wifi Router & 4G LTE Built-In (5G Coming Soon)

Get the best of both worlds. Skyboxe will work as a router to work with your existing internet provider(s) or completely cut the cord and get digital content via 4G LTE (4g services required from your local provider).
              • Zigbee Smart Home Center Built-In

Connect Zigbee compatible smart home devices such as locks, lightbulbs, cameras, etc?to transform your home into the digital world.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by joefriday View Post
                So I am thinking of switching to Xiaomi Mi Box S. Anyone have had any experience with these boxes? It seems to have good reviews?
                My intention here isn't to promote other boxes, but since you specifically asked...I now have 3 of the Mi Box S devices and they've been quite good so far. I bought one for each of my daughters rooms for Christmas and just replaced my Mecool M8S pro w in the kitchen with a 3rd. So far they have been almost flawless for kodi and netflix. The only issue I've had is that I had problems on all 3 boxes installing apps from the Google play store while connected by ethernet (via usb adapter). The workaround is as easy as installing apps by wireless and then switching back to ethernet while using those already-installed apps. If you are a windows media center user (like me), you'll see that it takes a bit longer than the nvidia shield to load up the ServerWMC PVR integration for recordings and channels, but once they are loaded, everything works fine. I have not experienced any buffer or jitter in video playback on any of the 3 devices so far. I only wish the 3rd one only cost me $40 like the first 2, but I guess that's what I get for waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                  Waiting for this new device to be shown at the CES 2019, Jan. 8. Totally NEW concept.

http://www.skyboxe.com/
                  • Premium HDTV Box

ATSC for free local channels, SD function, gaming, Google play store, voice remote, movies and social networking. Pair it up with a compatible keyboard and you are good to go.
                  • Powered by Android TV

Running Android 9.0, SKYBOXE offers all the features of Google?s flagship operating system.
                  • Wifi Router & 4G LTE Built-In (5G Coming Soon)

Get the best of both worlds. Skyboxe will work as a router to work with your existing internet provider(s) or completely cut the cord and get digital content via 4G LTE (4g services required from your local provider).
                  • Zigbee Smart Home Center Built-In

Connect Zigbee compatible smart home devices such as locks, lightbulbs, cameras, etc?to transform your home into the digital world.
                  I don't know anything about this brand, so I shouldn't knock it, but I'm not sure that I trust my tv box to also be my router. In my experience so far most multi-function devices don't do everything well. That's why most of us have separate routers and modems. The combos typically don't do well as high-quality single-function devices.

Comment

Got my Mi Box S today ! Extremely happy !!! bye bye Mecool ! Tried to switch it in the morning...just blue light and nothing else, tried to flash it ...same result. HDMI no signal picked up, Not even USB tool can save it.... off to the dustbin it goes.

Comment

Did anyone try to hack the Android tv rol as suggesties in this xda post?
                      Is anyone of you getting Netflix in HD in your tab s2? I installed the app and realised it only supports 480p streaming which is really poor on this screen... I know it has something to do with widevine drm certification, but I don't see why the...

Can you tell me if it works properly after the hack?

Comment

Originally posted by Stormrage View Post
                        Did anyone try to hack the Android tv rol as suggesties in this xda post?
                        Is anyone of you getting Netflix in HD in your tab s2? I installed the app and realised it only supports 480p streaming which is really poor on this screen... I know it has something to do with widevine drm certification, but I don't see why the...

Can you tell me if it works properly after the hack?
                        No it doesn't work, because the files mentioned in that thread aren't even in the apk

base/smali/com/netflix/mediaclient/service/webclient/model/leafs/DeviceConfigData.smali

The below is what is in the file

base/smali/com/netflix/mediaclient/service/webclient/model/leafs/ErrorLoggingSpecification.smali

When you open that text file there is also no

iget-boolean v0, p0, Lcom/netflix/mediaclient/service/webclient/model/leafs/DeviceConfigData;->enableWidevineL1:Z
                        In fact the word Widevine is nowhere in that textfile

Comment

Has anybody tried flashing the OS on the box to CoreElec and trying to run the Netflix addon in Kodi 18 Leia? I'm curious what resolution that plays in.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostillicus View Post
                            Has anybody tried flashing the OS on the box to CoreElec and trying to run the Netflix addon in Kodi 18 Leia? I'm curious what resolution that plays in.
                            The last time I tested my Mecool M8S Pro L (S912), running CoreELEC, Netflix would not play at all, too much pixelation. An Amlogic S905x, will play Netflix in 720p, but no higher. However, the devs are working on native video drivers for the S912, but it will be quite awhile for it to make it into CoreELEC.

So, right now, don't even bother trying to run Netflix on on these S912 boxes.
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

The last time I tested my Mecool M8S Pro L (S912), running CoreELEC, Netflix would not play at all, too much pixelation. An Amlogic S905x, will play Netflix in 720p, but no higher. However, the devs are working on native video drivers for the S912, but it will be quite awhile for it to make it into CoreELEC.

So, right now, don't even bother trying to run Netflix on on these S912 boxes.
                              720p (Max without stutters) Netflix on Linux / CoreELEC S912 boxes has been fixed with recent Kodi Leia - ARM rendering improvements:

Kodi PR#15286 improved rendering performance: xbmc/xbmc#15286 Further tweaks are needed for AML ARM platforms. As suggest by @kszaq in the above PR. Noticeable improvements, especially for S912 LE/...

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post

720p (Max without stutters) Netflix on Linux / CoreELEC S912 boxes has been fixed with recent Kodi Leia - ARM rendering improvements:

https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELEC/pull/160
                                That's actually great news, even if I don't use Coreelec on my S912, I installed it out of curiosity on my S905x and it's a great great OS.

Neftlix add-on already ran at 720p, but only with TV shows, movies are usually in SD. Same as Amazon video addon

Comment

Working...
                                X