(ROM) Minixfreak_OS S912 May25/2019 ""NEW""

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by polosolo View Post

I can confirm this problem was occurring and still is occurring for me. (S912_LPDDR). I did find a Fix somewhat .................. stumbled upon it .
    I was trying for an age to get into TWRP so as to perform a backup....I must have tried many different scenarios and nothing seems to work..... as So I thought.

Then eventually if by Magic! .....it loaded TWRP must have taken at least 50 seconds to a 1 minute to eventually get in.

I can sometimes get in much quicker ..But more often than not........It `s remove PSU leads press and hold reset button and apply PSU lead ..Then after around 8 to 10 seconds release the rest button and wait............and .................wait..................and ...................wait.
    TWRP will eventually boot up and show on the screen...But it takes any eternity on the H96 Pro+ 3G Ram 32 memory LPDDR3 BLUE PCB Motherboard.
    ( Full details and pics of my PCB and Box are posted on page 9 & 10 ) https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...m-poison/page9

As reference: : I had no such problem getting into TWRP with the ATVXperience Rom ( atvXperience_S912_LPDDR3_V2H ) But I do so much more prefer this Beautiful minix Rom. Thank you.

One more small thing ? not sure if it`s a massive issue...But the Play-store Updates do Hang also sometimes .... App install or updates. They still eventually update ...But it really can take some time .....Maybe ....it`s because of my LPDDR3 .?

Best Regards,
    might be because of h96+ ... Its truly differwnt box and has so much issues

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post

might be because of h96+ ... Its truly differwnt box and has so much issues
      I think I did install the latest ROM from this link https://mega.nz/#F!5o5B0SII!p-W0crI8UbegQNA80vKSzQ ( S912_LPDDR ) Hopefully this was the latest and greatest release. ?

Just asking for 100% confirmation that this is indeed the latest revision ? from this mega link .

The ROM even with the slight hanging issues ( TWRP & play-store installs) .....is by far and away the Best in the Breed , Thank you Sir for your Amazing work.

Best Regards,
      Last edited by polosolo; 08-26-2019, 18:01.

Comment

I guess there is a "REVISED" rom. But the one you picked is the best, yes

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
          I guess there is a "REVISED" rom. But the one you picked is the best, yes
          Yes I suspect that too..... The image I installed was https://mega.nz/#F!5o5B0SII!p-W0crI8UbegQNA80vKSzQ ( S912_LPDDR )

I think was original and I took the chance and installed this on the H96 PRO+ and everything runs very nice.... But a few glitchs with the TWRP and playstore install hanging and I am thinking should I try the revised image to see if it improved stability in this area ? Really not sure if it`s worth it? But I think I will .......as I just can`t stand not trying it ... ..........The what if scenario springs to mind .

I have a full backup of the image (TWRP) from the Box ATM ...So I might just do it , to see if it improves the performance in this area of the Box.....But I feel I have really been pushing my luck with this Box just now....as I have installed numerous varieties of the ATVX ROMS
          ( I Always return to a stock ROM before installing a new version which is very time consuming ) to find the Best one compatible with the H96 Pro+

Best Regards,
          Last edited by polosolo; 08-26-2019, 20:20.

Comment

So out of curiosity ...I instated the "REVISED" version. ( S912_LPDDR_REVISED) from this link https://mega.nz/#F!91IU0K5R!VvCOFtu1gagXyG09US3-Ig On the H96 Pro+

Everything went pretty smooth and Once it loaded I was pleasantly surprised... A very nice loading screen at the start and the OS itself is much superior to the other version I had used.

WHY OH WHY People............The Answer quite simply is.........Never a straight Answer. and with that...I had wasted a few days of p@issing around with previous older revisions which I had been led to believe where the latest. What a f@@@king runaround ... lol

One thing is for sure though is the next person who does decide to install on a H96 PRO+ model with same spec as my box....Will now have the full undisclosed Facts and links to the correct Firmware ROM for that BOX.

The OS of the revised ROM is so much smother loading at startup and generally much sweeter and I have no problems with any updating lag ...unlike the other version.... also TWRP boots much smother and quicker, The actual interface back grounds and icon coloring are just perfect.. as this Box is for my Daughter and her favorite color shade is pink

Thank you minixfreak for your work.

Best Regards,
            Last edited by polosolo; 08-27-2019, 01:47.

Comment

Really? Then I am supposed to try the revised too since I device is facing issues with playstore

Comment

Yes it defiantly performs much sweeter
                One thing I have notice with both the the revised and the other standard edition on my H96 PRO+ is .......... major WIFI problems ..

I must apply the QC9377_BT_Fix and everything then works well....................But after a few hours of using the WIFI with the box.....it then disconnects and I have to then re apply the QC9377_BT_Fix vis TWRP to get it to work again on WIFI ........... If I go to the box WIFI setting the tab is Disabled and even trying to toggle enable it...it does not function and reverts back to off.

So I reapply the fix via TWRP .....Then again after a few more hours of testing.... I have to perform the same scenario again........No matter what I do ...I must always re-apply that fix as it never sticks.
                Now ...that`s no going to be a problem if you have the box hardwired to the network...But it is a Major problem if you want to use the box with WIFI Standalone.
                This could be specific to the H96 PRO+ versions of the box ..

Best Regards,
                Last edited by polosolo; 08-27-2019, 20:27.

Comment

I had faced wifi issues too (did not find network) but since then no issues at all. Very stable on my TX92

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                    I had faced wifi issues too (did not find network) but since then no issues at all. Very stable on my TX92
                    minixfreak did state that he realized that the H96 PRO+ variants did have a lot of issues ...and I suspect he was never able to resolve this particular problem with the WIFI on this box variant ....Because the WiFi hardware on this box is cr@p and of very low quality manufacturing...That`s why it has so many problems with the WIFI.

No problems if you plan to do a hardwired connection ..Like I will be doing ....So it will be usable in this state for me.

Best Regards,
                    Last edited by polosolo; 09-07-2019, 03:19.

Comment

@minixfreak
                      i test your last s912 revised rom in my mnix u9-h but the usb port and the romte not working i mean original remote i hope if you can fix this
                      Last edited by habness; 08-30-2019, 13:41.

Comment

habness, in the meanwhile you can try atvX rom for Minix U9-H.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Well the Minixfreak rom has one of the best looking startup screens I've seen in a long time, but the problem is I can't get past it. I knew the USB ports weren't working, but I figured I do what Antonio suggested and use a hub on the otg port, it's not working either. So right now I"m looking at my screen and see the Minixfreak logo, and the question about what launguage to use, and that's it. I can get into TWRP using the sdcard, but even doing that I have no usb ports working at all. Kind of at a loss as to what to do next, any idea's

Krissy

Comment

Hello Guy`s,

Please can anyone tell me if it is possible to add app sources to the recommendations row list home screen to mininfreal OS S912_LPDDR_REVISED.img ?
                            I will explain..... Let`s say I do not use the play-store to download the app and use a 3rd party app not designed for the Android TV.... Example: zionTV or Cinema-HD apps ..Now once I have installed these`s to the OS ..they don`t show up in the Home recommendations row tab within the settings , so I can select them ?....is there a way for me to add them in either via some hidden settings or manually via a file browser ?

Any help or feedback would be most helpful. Thank you.

Best Regards,
                            Last edited by polosolo; 09-07-2019, 04:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Krissy View Post
                              Hi Guys,

Well the Minixfreak rom has one of the best looking startup screens I've seen in a long time, but the problem is I can't get past it. I knew the USB ports weren't working, but I figured I do what Antonio suggested and use a hub on the otg port, it's not working either. So right now I"m looking at my screen and see the Minixfreak logo, and the question about what launguage to use, and that's it. I can get into TWRP using the sdcard, but even doing that I have no usb ports working at all. Kind of at a loss as to what to do next, any idea's

Krissy
                              try this one USB portis working

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Originally posted by polosolo View Post
                                ... it is possible to add app sources to the recommendations row list home screen ...
                                Android TV App Launcher Builder
                                This tool creates banners for sideloaded apps that don't show up on the home screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X