Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I am not able to find a way to fix the "Heartbleed" openssl issue on my Picuntu.
    Any howto about that?
    apt-get doesn't seem to find the new versions of openssl and libssl.so.1.1.0
    Blog [FR]

Comment

Mali patch - Hardware acceleration

Is there a picuntu distribution available yet that takes advantage of the newly compiled 3d mali drivers. I would be interested in giving linux a second shot if video and 3d acceleration would work. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ynot123 View Post
        Is there a picuntu distribution available yet that takes advantage of the newly compiled 3d mali drivers. I would be interested in giving linux a second shot if video and 3d acceleration would work. Thanks.
        I second that.

Comment

if video and 3d acceleration would work
          Kernel + Driver
          3D = yes
          Video = not at the moment...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            Kernel + Driver
            3D = yes
            Video = not at the moment...
            Can you point to a compiled ROM that can be directly downloaded into the TV stick like version 4.5 for testing. With of course the 3D drivers.

Initial tests were excellent except of course the video thing.

Comment

Re: PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Can you point to a compiled ROM that can be directly downloaded into the TV stick like version 4.5 for testing. With of course the 3D drivers.

Initial tests were excellent except of course the video thing.
              Originally posted by linuxium View Post
              If you just want to try then I've created an updated Ubuntu 12.04 RFS with the necessary kernel modules and binary userspace drivers which you can download and boot from on https://plus.google.com/109451178006...ts/NEWG6Mtz5U7
              Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi,
                I've have bought the device rkm mk802IV (8gb) s/n: 20131201xxx and tried to installing PicUntu-4.5 with no success. I have checked with CheckRK3188.apk the device and it display 3188 processor...
                Has anyone successfully installed picuntu 4.5 on mk802IV ?
                I 've read many posts and tried many soluton but, it doesn't work.
                which are the correct steps and files that i need to flash it correctly?
                Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by winux View Post
                  Hi,
                  I've have bought the device rkm mk802IV (8gb) s/n: 20131201xxx and tried to installing PicUntu-4.5 with no success. I have checked with CheckRK3188.apk the device and it display 3188 processor...
                  Has anyone successfully installed picuntu 4.5 on mk802IV ?
                  I 've read many posts and tried many soluton but, it doesn't work.
                  which are the correct steps and files that i need to flash it correctly?
                  Thanks!
                  Buon Giorno, I installed PicUntu on my 16B mk802IV by just following the 1st post of this thread. It works everytime.

Comment

wifi doesn't work

Hi,
                    thanks for your reply, i've followed the step on the 1st post and now it's possible run picuntu
                    I don't understand why it worked this time (i 've tried it so many times...) maybe because i 've extracted all file archive on c:\ and ran the tool with admin priviledge.
                    unfortunately i have another problem, the wifi doesn't work
                    I 've read some post but i can't find a solution, what can i do? Is there a working firmware?
                    thanks again.

Comment

Hi,
                      thanks for your reply, i've followed the step on the 1st post and now it's possible run picuntu
                      I don't understand why it worked this time (i 've tried it so many times...) maybe because i 've extracted all file archive on c:\ and ran the tool with admin priviledge.
                      unfortunately i have another problem, the wifi doesn't work
                      I 've read some post but i can't find a solution, what can i do? Is there a working firmware?
                      thanks again.
                      I do not know about WiFi, since I use the device with an Ethernet adapter. Perhaps someone else can comment.

Comment

It seems so there exist two different versions of the Rikomagic MK802IV
                        old => Realtek RTL8189
                        new => Realtek RTL8188
                        and I think standard support in picuntu is 8188EU
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

My version of Rikomagic mk802IV has ap6210 wifi chipset. (i've opened and saw it).
                          I've tried many firmware found on the posts, but during boot got errors message about wifi interface...
                          However the system starts, but impossible to view and connect to wifi networks, i think because nothing wifi hardware is recognized and installed...

Comment

Picuntu is supporting my clone's wifi chip (don't remember which one) but I have found it quite unstable. I find it better with a cheap ethernet adapter.

Noone using this to host some https services? I am still unable to update my openssl with an heartbleed fix...
                            Blog [FR]

Comment

Hi,
                              after many hours of test I've found a kernel (wifi_kernel_marvin_mk802iv_ap6210_cpu1800h_720p.i mg) that on my Rikomagic mk802IV worked. Now no blinking screen, but no wifi interface.
                              Does someone know if is it possible to install that interface?
                              thanks!
                              Last edited by winux; 04-17-2014, 23:10.

Comment

Hi,
                                after many hours of test I've found a kernel (wifi_kernel_marvin_mk802iv_ap6210_cpu1800h_720p.i mg) that on my Rikomagic mk802IV worked. Now no blinking screen, but no wifi interface.
                                Does someone know if is it possible to install that interface?
                                thanks!
                                This is good. Where did you find this image?

Comment

Working...
                                X