leolasROM-qx1-1.5 (30-10-2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leolas View Post
    The dmesg you sent helps a lot, I will try a new bunch of kernels soon. The working keyboard kernel was made by me too, but with other sources.
    About bt, I ordered again for a bt keyboard in ****, I hope it but I am starting to think that bt is not good enought in QX1, I need some test by myself.
    Do you use the external anntena? Or you didn't got it?
    Thanks for the feedback.

About streaming for lan, doing some test yet.

I can't got the screen lock with password.

I am working too in a Linux kernel, it boots in linux, but no wifi yet, working on it.

leolas.
    Strange thing about the lock screen is that it recognises a code i used to use on my phone. The only link between the 2 devices is Google account. How there is a lock screen anyway with no option in the security settings to turn it off!

Here is a pic of the screen..... Google only has a alphabetical password to lock the account and not a pin code. Strange!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1383589651298.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	431166

Now i know the code it does not really bother me but cannot work out why it would come up if there is no option for it in the security settings.

Will try and get a adb logcat this weekend...

Thanks for this great rom Leolas. This is running the best it has ever run with the overclocked 1080p kernel. Awesome work!

Comment

Re: leolasROM-qx1-1.5 (30-10-2013)

Thanks a lot for yours feedbacks, nice if this rom can be useful for some people
      The screen lock must be something external to this rom, at least I can't acces it, I will check your logcats if you can got them.
      Did you activated a password to buy apps in Google play? Or any other protection?

leolas.
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

dear leolas!
        can u provide me a small fix for my rapoo wireless combo (i posted the dmesg before) so i can use your rom and give u more test feedbacks i had to go back to finless since i have no working keyboard and mouse with your current version.

Comment

Originally posted by mvpmp View Post
          dear leolas!
          can u provide me a small fix for my rapoo wireless combo (i posted the dmesg before) so i can use your rom and give u more test feedbacks i had to go back to finless since i have no working keyboard and mouse with your current version.
          I did a new set of kernels, lets see if those ones works for your combo, tomorrow I will upload them, and give you the instructions to flash them.

leolas.
          My devices:
          Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Quick update on some limited video testing I have done. I just installed kernel_leolas_qx1_1080p_vsfsam_cpu1800_ddr720_gpu7 98_qx1-wifi and can play 1080P video fairly smoothly both from a local SD card or streaming over wifi. The stick get warm, but not hot, and I had to move to a different power supply to even boot (it booted the first time but not thereafter on the stock psu).
            When I say fairly smooth, I don't think frames are being dropped, but there's something going on that means motion isn't absolutely smooth - this might just be whatever telecine type conversion is going on between the original source and the HDMI update frequency. I haven't tried the various hdmi modes so this may be the solution.

I'll do some further testing when I get chance, but this seems pretty good. The jitter that was evident before is definitely not there. I'm a bit surprised that the over-clocked kernel has made the difference given I expected all the video decoding to take place in hardware, so maybe something else has actually made the difference. Perhaps the original PSU was struggling and causing an impact?

Whatever it is, I'm pretty pleased now! That just leaves a problem with xbmc not being able to stream audio natively to the amp to decode. I wonder what's required there?

Thanks,
            Matt

Comment

Originally posted by mdurkin View Post
              Quick update on some limited video testing I have done. I just installed kernel_leolas_qx1_1080p_vsfsam_cpu1800_ddr720_gpu7 98_qx1-wifi and can play 1080P video fairly smoothly both from a local SD card or streaming over wifi. The stick get warm, but not hot, and I had to move to a different power supply to even boot (it booted the first time but not thereafter on the stock psu).
              When I say fairly smooth, I don't think frames are being dropped, but there's something going on that means motion isn't absolutely smooth - this might just be whatever telecine type conversion is going on between the original source and the HDMI update frequency. I haven't tried the various hdmi modes so this may be the solution.

I'll do some further testing when I get chance, but this seems pretty good. The jitter that was evident before is definitely not there. I'm a bit surprised that the over-clocked kernel has made the difference given I expected all the video decoding to take place in hardware, so maybe something else has actually made the difference. Perhaps the original PSU was struggling and causing an impact?

Whatever it is, I'm pretty pleased now! That just leaves a problem with xbmc not being able to stream audio natively to the amp to decode. I wonder what's required there?

Thanks,
              Matt
              Thanks for your report, then, can you test hdmi pasthough? My amp don't have hdmi input only spdif, and I cant test it.
              That is the kernel I use for day to day, cpu 1800 ddr720 gpu798 qx1_wifi. And it has the better performance/ hot relation for me.
              Of course stock power supply was not enough for me in this stick, I always use a new one. And then you will forgot stability issues and voltage drops.

leolas.
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by mvpmp View Post
                dear leolas!
                Please test this kernel in your current rom not need to install my rom to test it, and tell me if with it your wireless combo works. (is only a test kernel) If it works I will upload all options:http://www.freak-tab.de/leolas/kernel/kernel-test.zip
                My devices:
                Gearbest.com)

Comment

Thanks a lot for yours feedbacks, nice if this rom can be useful for some people
                  The screen lock must be something external to this rom, at least I can't acces it, I will check your logcats if you can got them.
                  Did you activated a password to buy apps in Google play? Or any other protection?

leolas.
                  I will try and do the logcats this weekend. The password in Google Play is an alphanumerical password. The only link was the lock screen on my phone (which i now dont have on there) is the same pin code. I have no idea how a lock screen comes up. I temporarily downloaded the 'no lock' app which prevents the lockscreen from coming up. Other than this minor issue the rom has been spot on for me. Having a little trouble with streaming video playback over wifi, which has good speed and connection. Will look into this and report back. Thanks again for your continued support on this device Leolas!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                    I will try and do the logcats this weekend. The password in Google Play is an alphanumerical password. The only link was the lock screen on my phone (which i now dont have on there) is the same pin code. I have no idea how a lock screen comes up. I temporarily downloaded the 'no lock' app which prevents the lockscreen from coming up. Other than this minor issue the rom has been spot on for me. Having a little trouble with streaming video playback over wifi, which has good speed and connection. Will look into this and report back. Thanks again for your continued support on this device Leolas!
                    Did tou restored some apps with titanium backup or other restoration program? Only curious

I was tested streaming in wifi and yes, is not so smooth like in local storages, I need to search why, maybe a buffer issue, but in all Roms I tested it happens, so more work needed in this.

leolas.
                    My devices:
                    Gearbest.com)

Comment

Did tou restored some apps with titanium backup or other restoration program? Only curious
                      leolas.
                      Didnt restore from anything apart from Google play. No other apps were used. I have now recognised that it comes up if i want to look at details of an app/game i have just installed. clicking anything in the clock/task bar in the bottow right triggers the lock screen. I have done a log and will upload as soon as i can. The 'No Lock' app blocks it successfully.

Comment

Thanks for your report, then, can you test hdmi pasthough? My amp don't have hdmi input only spdif, and I cant test it.
                        That is the kernel I use for day to day, cpu 1800 ddr720 gpu798 qx1_wifi. And it has the better performance/ hot relation for me.
                        Of course stock power supply was not enough for me in this stick, I always use a new one. And then you will forgot stability issues and voltage drops.

leolas.

So far the only audio I can get working is pcm over HDMI. I have HDMI to an amp, then amp to the TV. It works fine but I'd really like to get the original audio stream to the amp for decoding. From what I have read, I think this might require one of the system files to be replaced / patched. I haven't tried anything yet but will report back if I do. This was for xbmc and was specifically for the MINIX TV boxes, but might workon our sticks...

Comment

First of all, leolas, great work, the new rom looks nice, and finally! a decent wallpaper!! I hated that city wallpaper so much! :-)

I have added a heatsink to my QX1 with a bit thermal paste. The device doesnt get very hot anymore. Check it out : https://www.dropbox.com/s/891bu0sg5r...112_215003.jpg

I have been trying out a couple of 1080 kernels tonight but they are too unstable, every now and then it start rebooting and it goes in a reboot loop. I have a new powerful PSU and cool device but still it seems to reboot every now and then. At least once every 30 mins.

I am now going to try out the one you suggested earlier:
                          kernel_leolas_qx1_720p_vsfsam_cpu1800_ddr720_gpu79 8_qx1-wifi

I will let you know later on how this one goes!

Cheers.

Comment

Im having lots of random restarts as well with the 720p kernels. What kind of psu do u use? I bought a decent one from **** 2,5A but im not sure if it is ok. Just before this happens, My QX1 makes a quick crackling sound and goes into a reboot loop or turns of completely black screen.

Comment

I use a 5V/5A psu bought in ****, i am lookimg for tje ñink, as soon I found it I will link it

leolas.
                              My devices:
                              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Thanks I will buy it as soon as you post it.

Comment

Working...
                                X