X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: leolasROM-qx1-1.5 (30-10-2013)

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
    [ATTACH]4868[/ATTACH]

Attached text file... ( if this doesn't work... I can PM or email if needed )

Using 720 kernel if that is important
    Thanks a lot

leolas.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Thank you Leolas. Definitively I never buy Imito again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Rom port is almost finished (I had some bt problems first and some WiFi problems now, resolving them), New kernels are made too, but sorry we will lost the WiFi on reboot workaround in this new Rom, I am triying to fix bootloops with WiFi workaround and I am loosing a lot of time with it, sorry about the delay, but port this Rom is giving me a lot of headaches, I expect to release the quickshot V2 port soon. (give me a couple of days more).

leolas.
        My devices:
        Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

leolas,

Thanks for the update... I was wondering how it was going. I would rather wait and have it right.... thanks again for all of your hard work

Comment

Worth the wait

Hi Leolas

Its worth the wait to get the right ROM that we were anticipated for so long. Please take you time and compile the one with all fixes. Users will agree with me on this and we are really sorry if this put you in under pressure. You are always super helpful.
            Get 15 GB Free Cloud Storage on Copy.
            https://copy.com?r=ihG93E

Comment

Thanks leolas. Glad to know you are working on it and haven't forgotten the qx1. I'm happy to wait till you have done as much as you can.

Comment

leolas,

I assume you already know about the RK3188T chips that may be locked down to 1.4Ghz as mentioned in the post here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-of-RK3188-CPU

Geekbuying has now updated their webpage for the QX1 saying it has the T model of the processor... It still shows 1.6Ghz as the speed and indeed that is what my own clocks at ( unstable at higher settings with consistent but intermittent reboots ).

There are others that have the T model and have overcloaked using the kernels listed in the post I linked to. The results do vary and of course some users still can't overclock.

To get to the point.... The issue you've mentioned of rebooting when the WiFi is left on... may possibly be related to this issue at least to some degree. I'm am uncertain if that is the case or not but thought it couldn't hurt to mention it. It may be worth testing the proper kernel for the processor that is set to 1.4Ghz and then see if some of the problems clear up or not.

Comment

leolas,

I assume you already know about the RK3188T chips that may be locked down to 1.4Ghz as mentioned in the post here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-of-RK3188-CPU

Geekbuying has now updated their webpage for the QX1 saying it has the T model of the processor... It still shows 1.6Ghz as the speed and indeed that is what my own clocks at ( unstable at higher settings with consistent but intermittent reboots ).

There are others that have the T model and have overcloaked using the kernels listed in the post I linked to. The results do vary and of course some users still can't overclock.

To get to the point.... The issue you've mentioned of rebooting when the WiFi is left on... may possibly be related to this issue at least to some degree. I'm am uncertain if that is the case or not but thought it couldn't hurt to mention it. It may be worth testing the proper kernel for the processor that is set to 1.4Ghz and then see if some of the problems clear up or not.
                  I assure you that my qx1 is not a T version, it is completely stable at cpu 1920 ddr 720.

We have the Rom almost ready, and with the WiFi bug almost solved, sorry for the big delay, but this device is giving me a lot of headaches, but I am completely obsesed to make it work with WiFi fix, for now I got other workaround on kernel, and Neil is given me some ideas that can make the stick work like it must worked when it left factory.

leolas.
                  My devices:
                  Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                    I assure you that my qx1 is not a T version, it is completely stable at cpu 1920 ddr 720.

We have the Rom almost ready, and with the WiFi bug almost solved, sorry for the big delay, but this device is giving me a lot of headaches, but I am completely obsesed to make it work with WiFi fix, for now I got other workaround on kernel, and Neil is given me some ideas that can make the stick work like it must worked when it left factory.

leolas.

It's good that your stick isn't a T version... my post was made so you are aware that some users MAY have one... In fact, GB's website now lists them as coming that way... The important part is that you know it may happen so if future issues are reported you may have an answer as to why something is happening.

Bob ( ie Finless ) is already testing and gathering info to see if some of the reports about the display's flashing may be related... again it is too early to tell... but it's good info to keep in mind is all.

Thanks also for the update... I'm sure we are all happy to hear about the progress

Comment

It's good that your stick isn't a T version... my post was made so you are aware that some users MAY have one... In fact, GB's website now lists them as coming that way... The important part is that you know it may happen so if future issues are reported you may have an answer as to why something is happening.

Bob ( ie Finless ) is already testing and gathering info to see if some of the reports about the display's flashing may be related... again it is too early to tell... but it's good info to keep in mind is all.

Thanks also for the update... I'm sure we are all happy to hear about the progress
                      You are right, maybe new imito qx1 users can got one with T version, I didn't notice Imito is selling them yet, I thought they left them when they released QX2. But all is possible.

leolas.
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)

Comment

leolas...

Sorry for not thinking of this sooner... like just after your PM but.... I may have a suggestion

I was asked....

Originally posted by Molle
                        Which ROM are you using? If it's rooted, try a 1080p kernel together with build.prop parameter 'ro.sf.lcd_density=240'. You might be pleasantly surprised.
                        Molle was suggesting this setting to me because I have/had trouble seeing the small text even when using the huge font. This option, as I'd guess you know... gives a 1080p screen a font size similar to what is seen in a 720p kernel and still be able to view 1080p movies and vids.

I'm not certain if a setting for the density could be placed in the settings or not... if it can it would help other users that have a similar issue as I do ( older eyes ) without them having to edit the build.prop directly ( which isn't too hard either. )

Comment

leolas...

Sorry for not thinking of this sooner... like just after your PM but.... I may have a suggestion

I was asked....

Molle was suggesting this setting to me because I have/had trouble seeing the small text even when using the huge font. This option, as I'd guess you know... gives a 1080p screen a font size similar to what is seen in a 720p kernel and still be able to view 1080p movies and vids.

I'm not certain if a setting for the density could be placed in the settings or not... if it can it would help other users that have a similar issue as I do ( older eyes ) without them having to edit the build.prop directly ( which isn't too hard either. )
                          In the new rom you only need to copy a file inside your /sdcard/quickflasher/ folder and install it from an apk made by Tincore (Thanks to him) and you can enjoy of big icons in 1080p

leolas
                          My devices:
                          Gearbest.com)

Comment

well after a long time, sorry but this rom was the hardest we made, (Thanks again Imito about the wifi problem and your support :P ) New rom is here:http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...905#post139905

I hope you enjoy with it.

leolas
                            My devices:
                            Gearbest.com)

Comment

Sv: leolasROM-qx1-1.5 (30-10-2013)

Hi Leolas Thank you for the rom. Looking forward to try it. I hope it's just half as good as your rom for Minix neo x7 😊

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dezz View Post
                                Hi Leolas Thank you for the rom. Looking forward to try it. I hope it's just half as good as your rom for Minix neo x7 

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk
                                We apply in this rom all the Neo version tweaks plus some more to try to fix the problems with wifi

leolas.
                                My devices:
                                Gearbest.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X