No announcement yet.

Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry if this is a stupid question but i can't see the info about what KitKat version this ROM is?

Comment

So...did anyone have a solution to the missing camera funktion?

Comment

hi guys. rom running super smooth!!! all perfect but about the ram, its suppose its set on 4gb as default but i just have 2gb.
        how could i modify it to increse it to 4??

Comment

When you flash, select the parameter4 file instead of the default parameter.
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            When you flash, select the parameter4 file instead of the default parameter.
            you mean when flashing with the pc tool? didnt see the option before... can i do it without losing apps and pics or video or do i need to do a back up? and how to do it?? sorry mate, so many rookie questions...

ok, what u say is
            "The default parameter file (just named "parameter"), is for 2 GB. If you would like to change this, rename this file to "parameter2" (no quotes), and then rename the file with the size (in Gigabytes) you want - from "parameter#.txt" (# being the number), to just
            "parameter". Again, no quotes in actual file names."

Sorry but dont get it, guess my english is not as good as i thought...
            parameter is for 2gb
            if i name it parameter2 i get 2gb aswell? i want 4gb so what and where should i name it? where it says name? or where it says path?
            Last edited by tonito4670; 04-29-2015, 01:25.

Comment

As I recall, for a while Pipo was switching back and forth between 2gb and 4gb on their factory firmware. When I wrote the First Time User's Guide, they were consistently doing 4gb parameters. It appears that this particular ROM had a 2gb default...which I didn't realize. That's the trouble with providing a generic set of instructions for all ROM's.

Anyway, there is a little box to the right of each element on the list in the flash tool. Click on that little box, and you can browse to the RileyROM folder and select the file you want to flash. It works for parameter files, as well as optional other parts...like kernels or boot and recovery images.

You can flash some elements without erasing everything, but the parameter file isn't one of them. The parameter file sets the sizes of each of the partitions in NAND memory. So you must be sure to erase IDB and flash everything. There's no way around that.

Since you already have a rooted ROM installed, you can do a complete backup with either TWRP Recovery or Titanium Backup. I prefer the Titanium route because you have many more restore options. I can typically flash a ROM and have everything restored to regular use within about 15 minutes using Titanium. Just enter you login information for Google Play Store and install Titanium, and the key app (it's worth the extra bucks for the added features). TWRP works...don't get me wrong...but since you are changing the size of the userdata partition...you may run into problems with the restore.

If you are having trouble with 2gb...you might consider using the 6gb parameter...it should give you plenty of room.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

generic instructions were fine, trust me, is the best rom file set i ever downloaded... all instruction detailed, so much work in there from ur part.

so... there are three windows (flash, nfs and ram)
                click on ram
                select parameters and open the right cell then load/open parameter4 option
                back to flash and erase nand, and then flashrom

exactly like that yeah? should i keep marked first cell (loader) or as i currently am on riley1.8 KK not necessary?

Comment

On the flash tab...the default screen that comes up when you run the flash tool....you see the list of items to be flashed.

Leave everything checked.

Click the little box to the right of "parameter" and browse/select the desired parameter file.

Erase IDB

Flash ROM

Stock Recovery will format all of the partitions according to how they are distributed in the parameter file. Then the tablet will boot to system for the first time. Let TWRP Recovery load for you...this happens after the reboot.apk file populates in the app drawer, but it only takes a second or two...so wait just a little while before rebooting.

One thing that I haven't mentioned is that it's better to reboot the tablet before performing any other setup steps. It just allows the tablet to initialize before adding any apps that might run background services. That might make a difference in future performance.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Now!!! thats was hidden tab!! i will do so and follow ur instructions
                    make a titanium back up before everything
                    reboot tablet
                    everything check as it is (that means everything except user data and back up tabs)
                    erase idb and flash rom
                    once everything finish reboot again

thats it then. ill post here in a few days to confirm everything went right
                    thanks again for being there

Comment

First of all thank you for the ROM!!!

I just installed it on my pipo m6 pro 3g. It runs very well.

I only have a couple problems..

Fist of all, when I press the Downloads button from the app drawer, or when a download is complete and I press on it from the notification bar, I get an "Unfortunately, android.process.media has closed" message. But I find the files through any file manager, so it is not a deal breaker for me.

My second, and bigger problem, is that when I play Angry Birds with Friends and the game goes into full screen mode, the screen becomes distorted with horizontal lines after entering a menu or finishing a level. It goes back to normal when I bring up the navigation bar or the notification bar but the game is not playable because it reverts to distorted right after the notification bar dissapear. I've included a photo of the app to see what I mean. Screenshots don't show anything because they only capture one frame. I also have had a problem with full screen mode in Clash of Clans. It gets stuck in whatever it is showing at the moment the navigation bar desapears, and it keeps showing that until I bring up the bar again.

​I haven't been able to reproduce the problem with other apps. YouTube and other apps that go full screen are OK. I will continue testing and report. If you come up with a solution for this problem I will be glad to try it.
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Have you tried the newer ROM in the Pipo Development Projects section? This is one we made from Pipo source code.

See if that ROM solves your problems.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!!! I will give it a try tomorrow!

Just one question... Do I have to do a clean install, or can I keep my data partition? I come from TWRP recovery installs in my moto defy, and there I just do a dirty install if I want to keep my apps and settings... Is that possible with the PC install of your ROMS?

And what about ART? Do you recoment I should switch from Dalvic? Does it work?

Comment

For this ROM, I would do a clean install. Just restore your apps from TWRP.

My experience is that Dalvik works better on these RK3188's.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Hello .I'm using this ROM .Everything works fine .But I have some problem which seems regardless the ROM version .After some long while my PIPO M6 pro sleeps ,it won't wake up .Is there any solution ?

Comment

Hi.

Today, suddenly Wi-Fi stops working. My Pipo M6 Pro stucks in "Turning WiFi on". I search every forum I found, but nowhere I could find a solution.
                                I flashed every known ROM, but always the same. Is there something I could do? Or is my tab really bricked?

Thank you for any help
                                BeSt

Comment

Working...
                                X