Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M7pro - Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4.4) porting

Hi all,

I just started to work on a Cyanogenmod 11 Port for the Pipo M7 pro Tablets.
    Right now you have to build it on your own. See the Readme file.
    So unfortuantely right now there is no "easy" way to install it, you have to build it from the source on your own.

You can find the device_android_m7pro tree here:
    Cyanogenmod 11 Port for pipo M7PRO. Contribute to fishpepper/android_device_pipo_m7pro development by creating an account on GitHub.

So far i got wifi, camera and bluetooth working.

Proceed on your own risk

regards,
    Simon

Originally posted by fishpepper View Post
    Hi all,

I just started to work on a Cyanogenmod 11 Port for the Pipo M7 pro Tablets.
    Right now you have to build it on your own. See the Readme file.
    So unfortuantely right now there is no "easy" way to install it, you have to build it from the source on your own.

You can find the device_android_m7pro tree here:
    Cyanogenmod 11 Port for pipo M7PRO. Contribute to fishpepper/android_device_pipo_m7pro development by creating an account on GitHub.

So far i got wifi, camera and bluetooth working.

Proceed on your own risk

regards,
    Simon
    I cannot believe it !
    You are about to become a sort of hero for a few of us !!!
    I give it a try...

Comment

will definitely wait for this, although I already tried running CM on my M7Pro already, it was fast and very fluid but I had problems with rotation and bluetooth, hope you can finish your project sooner. I would love to try it. Thanks for this.
      Proud M7Pro owner and Freaktab fan

Comment

Good luck

My friend, if you manage to port CM11 with all devices working,you will certainly become a hero.It will be a major breakthrough.

Comment

please also try it for the max m9 pro
          and how would you flash/install it ?

Comment

Hi!

Somehow i messed up the git commit. It does not boot up any more with the current checkin.
            I think the init.rc is the culprit, removing it should make it boott again. So please wait with building until i post again that it works. I can check it today in the evening.

M9pro: unfortuantely i do not own a M9, but as far as i know they are quite similar. As i do not flash/modify the kernel you could try flashing system+boot image and give it a try. Do a backup before! And do not blame me if something goes wrong or bricks your tab

@slazaris:
            What problems did you have with rotation? for me it worked out of the box.
            Bluetooth was at least able to scan and was visible to other devices (i did not test further as i do not need it).

regards,
            Simon

Comment

Simon,
              from which donor firmware do the blobs / binaries come from ?
              I guess that, as you post on freaktab, maybe you used some RR rom ?
              tks.

Comment

Great news

I will try to install it myself also!

Comment

Hi!

When i bought the tablet there was a custom firmware on it. It said something of arctablet on the bootlogo. It was a 4.4.2 Android.

Why do you ask?

Good news: yesterday i managed to get wifi and bt running again. I will upload it to github tonight.

Regards,
                  Simon

Comment

I ask because, depending on the ROM you started from, the kernel can be more or less bugous (GPS....).
                    we here do not know well non RR roms and from which Chinese firmware and developer they come.
                    randy tracks all his primary Chinese firmwares from which he cooks his RR Roms and we know quite well what works and what doesn't in them

so I suggets you use his custom ROM where everything work,especially the gps

Comment

Originally posted by fishpepper View Post
                      Hi!

When i bought the tablet there was a custom firmware on it. It said something of arctablet on the bootlogo. It was a 4.4.2 Android.

Why do you ask?

Good news: yesterday i managed to get wifi and bt running again. I will upload it to github tonight.

Regards,
                      Simon

how can i flash this to my pipo max m9pro do i need some sort of progrem such as with riley's rom's

Comment

i just fixed the git repo. it should work now. see README.mk for changes

I use the following kernel version:
                        "Linux localhost 3.0.36+ #172 SMP PREEMPT Wed Mar 5 11:03:34 CST 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux"
                        Its from a 4.4.2 arctablet rom, i will have to check which one.

The RR Rom is an option, right now i stick to my version that i have. I will change later or if i run into problems.

The bluetooth problem was solved:
                        If i use the /system/lib/hw/bluetooth.default.so from the tablet rom i get fancy bt crashes once i boot up.
                        Using the default cm one works, however the cm one does not start the gps (its the same chip).
                        Swapping the lib at runtime does not produce the crash, but i did not get gps running yet. My problem is that some binary/script should create a /data/gps/brcm_gps_unix_socket socket.
                        but i have no idea which one...

A good side effect: i found the daemon that publishes the compass data (akmd). This works now as well.

@robinjoo1:
                        if you do not know how to flash it using my instructions this is not yet useful for you. you should wait until i create a full rom once i get all stuff working

regards

Comment

Have you created a whole test ROM...or are you flashing your kernel to stock firmware?
                          Randy
                          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

Right now i just flash system.img and boot.img (without kernel) and i keep the kernel partition

regards

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              Have you created a whole test ROM...or are you flashing your kernel to stock firmware?
                              I've seen he wrote : arctablet custom ROM,
                              So I think he does not flash his rebuilt IMG on top of stock firmware. His tablet was acquired second hand and came with some arctablet thingy...

Comment

Working...
                              X