Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevejc View Post
    Hi, trying to adapt to M8HD, it compiles but for the moment doesn't boot
    I think it's due to boot.img format of last ROM of Pipo M8HD.
    Stay tune ...
    I would suggest you checkout the device_android_m7pro (or fork it on github)

Then fetch the latest rom from pipo and put it in pipo_rom/datecode.zip
    then try to run fetch_prebuilts.sh, the last step (copying proprietary files) will probably fail.

Now modify prop...files.txt to match the files you want to copy and also copy pipo_rom/extracted/root/init.rk* ueve*rc over the m7pro ones.

You will also have to play with all the mk files.

Comment

Originally posted by fishpepper View Post
      I would suggest you checkout the device_android_m7pro (or fork it on github)

Then fetch the latest rom from pipo and put it in pipo_rom/datecode.zip
      then try to run fetch_prebuilts.sh, the last step (copying proprietary files) will probably fail.

Now modify prop...files.txt to match the files you want to copy and also copy pipo_rom/extracted/root/init.rk* ueve*rc over the m7pro ones.

You will also have to play with all the mk files.
      Yes , done that , here my github : https://github.com/stevejcl/android_device_pipo_m8hd

I use the last non official rom 4.4.2, the last Riley'rom 1.9 is based upon.

name is : M8HD_4.4_update_20140606.rar

sadly the link is broken (I have a copy in my computer)

I modified the script fetch_prebuilts.sh for the moment to start with the pipo_rom.img direcly in extracted dir;

Comment

hi all,
        on my side,
        I had error running fetch_prebuilts.sh :
        the make section was not able to install the compiled binaries in /usr/local/bin as I am not root;
        so I modified Makefile by adding sudo at the beginning of the 5 install lines

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
          hi all,
          on my side,
          I had error running fetch_prebuilts.sh :
          the make section was not able to install the compiled binaries in /usr/local/bin as I am not root;
          so I modified Makefile by adding sudo at the beginning of the 5 install lines
          Strange.. It should not install anything, its just calling make (not make install). The script uses the binaries from the build directory then.

Comment

make install rktools

it was me who run make install and the binaries moved to /usr/local/bin;

I copied them back to pipo_rom/rktools, so now,
            fetch_prebuilts.sh
            finished ok.

as I've not yet installed openjdk7, nor ant nor eclipse adt and adk, I did a couple of installs;

now ready to try the brunch thing

Comment

Had to remove and purge openjdk as it is not supported (by the build chain)
              So I have installed oracle jdk instead, ( I don't like it, it s bloated , and I had seen that ant wanted openjdk at some point...)

Then , oops,
              Got errors during make clean in brunch m7pro,
              Seems that some tools in there are for 64bit Linux, and I am in 32bit,
              Can anyone confirm please ?
              Last edited by raxy; 11-01-2014, 13:06.

Comment

post some error logs please. my m7pro github does not distribute binaries, its all built from source.

Comment

error logs

here they come, sorry, it was not during the brunch but during the make clean before...

Code:
                  raxy@raxy-K8Upgrade-760GX:~/Documents/pipoCMkitchen$ . build/envsetup.sh

including device/generic/armv7-a-neon/vendorsetup.sh
                  including device/generic/goldfish/vendorsetup.sh
                  including device/generic/mips/vendorsetup.sh
                  including device/generic/x86/vendorsetup.sh
                  including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh
                  including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash
                  including vendor/cm/bash_completion/git.bash
                  including vendor/cm/bash_completion/repo.bash
                  raxy@raxy-K8Upgrade-760GX:~/Documents/pipoCMkitchen$ make clean
                  /bin/bash: prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.7/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
                  /bin/bash: prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.7/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
                  ============================================
                  PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL

PLATFORM_VERSION=4.4.4
                  CM_VERSION=
                  TARGET_PRODUCT=full
                  TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
                  TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
                  TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
                  TARGET_ARCH=arm
                  TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a
                  TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=generic
                  HOST_ARCH=x86
                  HOST_OS=linux
                  HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.13.0-24-generic-i686-athlon-with-Ubuntu-14.04-trusty

HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
                  BUILD_ID=KTU84Q
                  OUT_DIR=/home/raxy/Documents/pipoCMkitchen/out
                  ============================================
                  Checking build tools versions...
                  find: `bootable/recovery/res-720': No such file or directory
                  No private recovery resources for TARGET_DEVICE generic
                  Entire build directory removed.

raxy@raxy-K8Upgrade-760GX:~/Documents/pipoCMkitchen$ file prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.7/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc
                  prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.7/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc: ELF 64-bit LSB  executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, stripped
                  raxy@raxy-K8Upgrade-760GX:~/Documents/pipoCMkitchen$

Comment

Hi,

succesfully build.

Bluetooth is up but crashes when trying to send a file or attach to a audio device.

Will test GPS

Comment

[QUOTE=raxy;243226]
                      We have never seen any GUI for FM radio in the past on this tablet. If you can make it work, that would be fine but GPS and BT are much more needed.

Hello everyone! Here guys write that GPS is more important than FM radio, but the GPS is working there in other firmwares, but no FM radio nigde.Esli would M7PRO earned FM radio, it would be very great, think that many will be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by stevejc View Post
                        Hi,

succesfully build.

Bluetooth is up but crashes when trying to send a file or attach to a audio device.

Will test GPS
                        Don't find any satellites

Can you post your system.img, boot.img, kernel.img that you have compiled ?

Comment

32bit toolchain

regarding the gcc 64bit et all,
                          its confirmed and justified here : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ng/mYIMXU_DsrI

We moved to 64 bit for 3 reasons:

-We had to move to 64-bit for Gingerbread anyway because of Java 1.6
                          dropping 32-bit support on MacOS.
                          -We have several parts of the build that come very close to filling a
                          32-bit address space (and some advanced internal builds at Google go
                          over the limit).
                          -Compiling gcc as 64-bit measurably speeds up the build.

JBQ
                          In the same site, someone said he has uploaded the 32 bit version of toolchain anyway, here :

Installed it at the right location replacing the 64bit ones, then
                          rerun make clean (almost without error)

now trying brunch m7pro
                          but gives this error :

raxy@raxy-K8Upgrade-760GX:~/Documents/pipoCMkitchen$ brunch m7pro

including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh

ls: cannot access device/*/m7pro/cm.mk: No such file or directory

build/core/product_config.mk:233: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "cm_m7pro". Stop.

Device m7pro not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).

Repository for m7pro not found in the CyanogenMod Github repository list. If this is in error, you may need to manually add it to your local_manifests/roomservice.xml.

ls: cannot access device/*/m7pro/cm.mk: No such file or directory

build/core/product_config.mk:233: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "cm_m7pro". Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'cm_m7pro'

** Do you have the right repo manifest?

No such item in brunch menu. Try 'breakfast'
                          WTF !?
                          maybe this famous breakfast should have beeing run first, but how... ?
                          Last edited by raxy; 11-01-2014, 19:54.

Comment

did you set up .repo/local_manifests/m7pro.xml? (see README on my github)

thanks for testing bt and gps. could you run a adb logcat|grep -i gps while you run a gps app?
                            (post it to pastebin and link it here)

gps/radio: right, gps+bt have a higher prio. But if i modify the Bluetooth.apk code anyway i will propably include the radio stuff.
                            Its interesting to see that the FM code is there, i am curious to see if it will actually work 8)

Comment

thanks for testing bt and gps. could you run a adb logcat|grep -i gps while you run a gps app?

gps/radio: right, gps+bt have a higher prio. But if i modify the Bluetooth.apk code anyway i will propably include the radio stuff.
                              Its interesting to see that the FM code is there, i am curious to see if it will actually work 8)
                              Sorry, I can't get adb working, my device is see as iddle or something like that (don't remember)

An can't get su working on tablet

Comment

Yes, I have created m7pro.XML where it belongs...

Comment

Working...
                                X