No announcement yet.

Pipo M7pro - Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4.4) porting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@fishpepper: I suggest you to find a way to co-operate with rrileypm, as you know he is the only rom developer for us till now, and with his experience we can achieve having a working CM11 soon. Hope you guys can help us achieve this soon, would be fantastic

PS
    Nice Randy, your help till now was awesome, hope you can do it guys

Comment

As we are not there yet with building our own flavor of m7pro kernel from pipo +rk sources/tools,
      I suggest we try to help simon in selecting the best kernel for m7 pro we have in all of the RileyROM series.
      Simon's process seems to take a complete firmware as input to extract some working blobs from it, then rebuild a complete firmware from these blobs and the cm11.0 sources
      So first let him install and appreciate a kk rileyrom with a working gps and good battery stamina.
      My personal choice is rr2.7 (I admit it reboots from time to time but it is really OK on all the other aspects)
      Stevejc suggests rr3.2 as alternative fully functionning kernel choice (not 3.4.2 !)
      Last edited by raxy; 10-27-2014, 10:42.

Comment

I agree based on my experience.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

is it possible port cm to m6p in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by GZD View Post
            is it possible port cm to m6p in the future?
            I think his processus will work for other tablets than his own pipo,
            Just need to build it yourself ! 😇

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
              I think his processus will work for other tablets than his own pipo,
              Just need to build it yourself ! 😇
              Yes very good job.

You must have a full size HDD

For me get all files now , trying to compil them

Need change devices by device in devices/pipo/m7pro

Then when it will work, I will try to port on M8HD.

Comment

concerning bluetooth/gps:

The system/lib/hw/bluetooth.default.so from pipo activates gps (its the same chip, a 2076 (?) from broadcom).
                However this lib does not include a (bluetooth) map_client interface and therefore (?) crashes when cm11 wants to activate that interface. At least thats what i assume.

When i let cm11 build bluetooth.default.so i get full working bluetooth but NO gps (as it does not activate the gps and does not create the socket in /data/gps/brcm_...).

Any tips from the rom experts?? I am searching a bluetooth.default.so with map_client interface
                (test: strings bluetooth.default.so | grep map_client should not return "")

Regards,
                Simon

Comment

Just for reference, I believe my v2.7 ROM was the last version that GPS actually worked on. Maybe there are some files in that ROM that can be of use.
                  Randy
                  Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

riley rom 2.7

@fishpepper :
                    here is the link to that rom which has gps working well :

beware that when the tablet is being charged from its dedicated thin plug, its GPS reception becomes very bad;
                    I have never understood why exactly, but this is the weird reality...

Comment

thanks for the link to the working rom. interesting, similar to the original pipo rom i base my code on it does not supply the btif_mce_get_interface call through lib/hw/bluetooth.default.so.
                      I am not sure what happens if my cm11 code compiled for a lib that supports btif_mce_get_interface() tries to call that on a lib (as we have) that does not make this function available. i assume it will fail miserably.. That could be why it crashes.
                      I will try to make an overlay for external/bluetooth/bluedroid/btif/src/bluetooth.c that returns NULL whenever get_profile_interface() is asked for the map_client if instead of calling the bluetooth.default.so lib...

Somehow pipo must have done something similar...

regards

Comment

@fishpepper :
                        happy if we can help you,

just to be sure to understand the needed steps to redo what you've done :

1) build a local cm11 tree:
                        repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0

repo sync

2) import your repo :
                        git clone https://github.com/fishpepper/android_device_pipo_m7pro.git

why not use a repo command to do this ??

And please explain what did you mean, in your github readme, by..

2) import the local manifest:
                        devices/pipo/m7pro cp devices/pipo/m7pro/manifest/m7pro.xml .repo/local_manifests/
                        thanks & regards

Comment

If you checkout my git repo somewhere and copy manifest/m7pro.xml to $YOUR_ANDROID_CM_TREE/.repo/local_manifests/
                          your cm tree should be able to pull the device_android_m7pro git into your tree on its own.
                          I think there was one more step needed to let repo do this but i cant remember. Maybe breakfast m7pro before.

The other option is to checkout my git to
                          $AND_ROOT/devices/pipo/m7pro
                          (run the fetch script inside that dir etc)
                          Then brunch m7pro should do the rest

Regards

Comment

I think i am closer to the problem. In fact it seems like some cyanogenmod specific code in
                            android_packages_apps_Bluetooth/jni/com_android_bluetooth_btservice_AdapterService.cpp
                            creates the crash. CM uses some map_client callbacks that our lib does not know...
                            An i even think there might possibly be a bug in the cm code (after printing "Error getting mapclient interface" it should set sBluetoothMceInterface = NULL to prevent further calls).
                            Now i need to figure out why my overlay to packages/apps/Bluetooth/jni/com_android_bluetooth_btservice_AdapterService.cpp is ignored :

Comment

Originally posted by fishpepper View Post
                              If you checkout my git repo somewhere and copy manifest/m7pro.xml to $YOUR_ANDROID_CM_TREE/.repo/local_manifests/
                              your cm tree should be able to pull the device_android_m7pro git into your tree on its own.
                              I think there was one more step needed to let repo do this but i cant remember. Maybe breakfast m7pro before.

The other option is to checkout my git to
                              $AND_ROOT/devices/pipo/m7pro
                              (run the fetch script inside that dir etc)
                              Then brunch m7pro should do the rest

Regards
                              comprendo!
                              i will try both options
                              thanks,
                              i hope you can understand and fix bt & gps issues from java code
                              with your own magic

Comment

I managed to compile Cyanogen after 12 hours with my virtualbox image (need more memory )

Can't get CWM zip to install for the moment

Stay tune

Comment

Working...
                                X