Originally posted by fishpepper View Post
    m8hd: i found the M8HD_4.4_update_20140606.rar image here:
    http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=386...745901&third=0
    yes that the one

I 'm using othertools : rkImageMaker and imgrepackerrk

will tell you

Comment

the nice warning: a keyword to google for is schedtool, the android build system uses it to set the priorities. It can be configured somewhere.

Regards,
      Simon
      not warnings in fact, blocking errors !
      cannot find info on how to fix..
      are you guys running brunch (or mka) as root or only as your own non privileged user account ?

Comment

My progress for M8HD

So now it's booting

See first Logo

then cyanogen Logo, starting ...

But after 15s reboots or crashes.

It's rebooting just after I heard sound in my PC (adb is up)

But I when I do 'adb devices', it tells me device is offline ?

Comment

Originally posted by stevejc View Post
          My progress for M8HD
          So now it's booting
          See first Logo
          then cyanogen Logo, starting ...
          But after 15s reboots or crashes.
          I am not sure but it could be that it cant mount the system partition?

It's rebooting just after I heard sound in my PC (adb is up)
          But I when I do 'adb devices', it tells me device is offline ?
          Yes, on cyanogenmod you have to authorize the adb connection the first time you
          connect that pc (you see a message with a host key on the screen).
          I dont know if you can disable that (temporary) with a config value in system.props etc

Comment

I understand, for more updates M7PRO not wait?

Comment

hi Simon ,
              I've seen you're refreshing your git repo,
              what is being prepared on your side ?

If you need other source codes, we can talk...

your M7P CM11 should benefit from the kernel we are preparing.

Comment

I did not have much free time to work on it.

Including the gps is not going on as i expected it to be. I can get the gps "semi" working. The gpsd is talking to the chip and getting data. But no fix.
                Unfortuantely the Bluetooth.apk that is build with gps enabled is somehow messed up, the dalivikvm can not find the Bluetooth classes from the apk. I do not really understand why that happens. Maybe some class fingerprinting stuff from the pipo files i include.

Just for the curious ones: i got the fm part so far that it seems to tune. But in order to enable it fully i would need to touch the whole android bluetooth framework in order to add some commands. i do not want to do that...

So right now i am switching back to a full cm11 bt stack setup. I removed all gps stuff and the bluetooth.apk has (at least) working bt file transfers.
                So if you build commit cde0e71da7 you have working bt but no gps. make sure to update your local manifest (and run repo sync) as written in readme.

@raxy: if i could get sources how they integrated the gps stuff. especially the sources that build libbluetooth_jni.so and bluetooth.default.de. But the m8hd has a different chipset so those sources do not help me with that. I think i will now compare the working bt apk and the nonworking gpsbt apk to see what changed :-\

I still dont get it why the Bluetooth.apk with gps has a bug for the bt transfer... very strange.

Regards,
                Simon

Comment

audio:
                  just to document some testing: 44.1khz wave file playback works, 48khz does not.
                  playing mp3s gives some 44100/48000 messages in the console. but i did not figure out yet what goes wrong.

Comment

OK,
                    And do you have some USB "sound card" at hand to test usbaudio function ?
                    Tks.

Comment

not here. i will have a look at work if i can borrow one for a test
                      interestingly tinyplay plays the 48khz files and gets an access error with 44100 ones:
                      Code:
                      open("/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p", O_RDWR)       = 4
                      ioctl(4, AGPIOC_ACQUIRE or APM_IOC_STANDBY, 0xbec58550) = 0
                      ioctl(4, 0xc25c4111, 0xbec58670)        = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)
                      close(4)                                = 0
                      write(2, "Unable to open PCM device 0 (can"..., 69Unable to open PCM device 0 (cannot set hw params: Invalid argument)

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
                        OK,
                        And do you have some USB "sound card" at hand to test usbaudio function ?
                        Tks.
                        Just a word to say that with my new kernel for M8HD, usb audio works out of the box

(no need my patch that I made before) so hoping so for M7po

Comment

audio:
                          just to document some testing: 44.1khz wave file playback works, 48khz does not.
                          playing mp3s gives some 44100/48000 messages in the console. but i did not figure out yet what goes wrong.
                          Wav play back might be handled outside the kernel,
                          Could you trace back to the source code file(s) which produced those ioctl,ioctl,write error ?

And as i am still blocked at "brunch m7pro" please tell if I should simply run it as root or not.
                          Tks.

Comment

pcm_params_get(card, device, PCM_OUT); fails setting some parameters (i guess samplingrate)

probably in https://github.com/tinyalsa/tinyalsa...7c49fc05/pcm.c
                            line 479:
                            if (ioctl(fd, SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_HW_REFINE, params)) {

root/nonroot: i do not run it as root. i do not know why your schedtool call fails

Regards,
                            Simon

Comment

strange... when i record audio using the recorder app or tinycap (44.1/48khz) all the files play.
                              angrybirds does work as well. seems like some decoder library is missing or not working properly

Comment

I am impatient to break my current roadblock to my first home baked cm11.

Comment

Working...
                                X