Pipo M7pro - Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4.4) porting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevejc View Post
    Sorry, I can't get adb working, my device is see as iddle or something like that (don't remember)
    An can't get su working on tablet
    When you try to connect with adb you should see a confirmation dialog on the sceen with the fingerprint. check always allow (or similar) and click ok.
    The adb shell is started as root user.
    (or you might have to enable adb debug in the developer settings before)

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
      regarding the gcc 64bit et all,
      its confirmed and justified here : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ng/mYIMXU_DsrI

In the same site, someone said he has uploaded the 32 bit version of toolchain anyway, here :

Installed it at the right location replacing the 64bit ones, then
      rerun make clean (almost without error)

now trying brunch m7pro
      but gives this error :

WTF !?
      maybe this famous breakfast should have beeing run first, but how... ?
      You need to synchro it after creating XML manifest by repo sync -c to get the files

Comment

Got error running fetch_prebuilts.sh

$ ./fetch_prebuilts.sh
        > unpacking fw upgrade...

UNRAR 5.00 beta 8 freeware Copyright (c) 1993-2013 Alexander Roshal

Extracting from ../20140326.rar

Extracting M7 pro 3G & NO 3G Chinese 4.4 20140326.img OK
        All OK
        > running img_unpack
        ./fetch_prebuilts.sh: line 59: ../rktools/img_unpack: No such file or directory

Edit: that bit working now, I had to run make in the rktools folder
        Last edited by Billcnz; 11-02-2014, 05:39. Reason: update

Comment

@billcb from nz
          Welcome aboard!

We definitely need more detailed how to (for 1st time builders), I have logged all the steps from my fresh linux install up to now in order to document for others, including where to run neach command from.
          Please publish yours once you manage completely to buid, then to boot to cm.

Comment

@raxy
            I don't have an m7pro to test but just wanted to see if I could make it through the build process before trying with m6pro but think it will be a bit out of my depth

Sent from Tapatalk on my Pipo P4 running RR 2.01

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
              @billcb from nz
              Welcome aboard!

We definitely need more detailed how to (for 1st time builders), I have logged all the steps from my fresh linux install up to now in order to document for others, including where to run neach command from.
              Please publish yours once you manage completely to buid, then to boot to cm.
              here is my doc (based on cyanogen wiki)
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Billcnz View Post
                @raxy
                I don't have an m7pro to test but just wanted to see if I could make it through the build process before trying with m6pro but think it will be a bit out of my depth

I have tried on my M8HD, but I can't boot for now.

See what I have here : https://github.com/stevejcl/android_device_pipo_m8hd

Comment

I have tried on my M8HD, but I can't boot for now.
                  See what I have here : https://github.com/stevejcl/android_device_pipo_m8hd
                  What does does not boot mean? Not booting the kernel? Or no output showing up?
                  Its quite handy to connect an usb2serial converter to the debug pads on the main pcb. Then you get an in- and output from the beginning (you also see the bootloader stuff). The pads are clearly labeled RX, TX and GND on my M7pro (next to the power jack)

Usually you get a console even if the GUI bootup fails there... If you know how to solder or know someone who does: Grab an ttl-level Ftdi TTL-232R-3V3 (3.3Volt !) cable and connect rx,tx and gnd (swapped, rx from pipo goes to tx from ftdi cable). DO NOT USE A REAL RS232 Port/converter! (+/- 12V). Use a TTL one.
                  If you have some arduino serial converters then youo might have a 3,3V version between them.

Comment

Originally posted by fishpepper View Post
                    What does does not boot mean? Not booting the kernel? Or no output showing up?
                    Its quite handy to connect an usb2serial converter to the debug pads on the main pcb. Then you get an in- and output from the beginning (you also see the bootloader stuff). The pads are clearly labeled RX, TX and GND on my M7pro (next to the power jack)

Usually you get a console even if the GUI bootup fails there... If you know how to solder or know someone who does: Grab an ttl-level Ftdi TTL-232R-3V3 (3.3Volt !) cable and connect rx,tx and gnd (swapped, rx from pipo goes to tx from ftdi cable). DO NOT USE A REAL RS232 Port/converter! (+/- 12V). Use a TTL one.
                    If you have some arduino serial converters then youo might have a 3,3V version between them.
                    I have nothing at all on the screen, even not the logo nor sound via usb on my PC.

So I think that my boot.img is not good.

Something has changed in fstab.rk30board.bootmode.emmc
                    M7Pro :
                    Code:
                    /dev/block/platform/emmc/by-name/system         /system             ext4      ro,noatime,nodiratime,noauto_da_alloc                    wait
                    M8HD:
                    Code:
                    /dev/block/platform/emmc/by-name/system         /system             ext4      ro,noatime,nodiratime,noauto_da_alloc,discard                    wait,resize
                    didn't test this for the moment

Don't want to solder for the moment, I have broken the LCD on my older M8Pro. it 's running but without anything on the screen only through HDMI !

Comment

I have nothing at all on the screen, even not the logo nor sound via usb on my PC.

So I think that my boot.img is not good.
                      Have a look at the boot.img (vim)
                      Your cm and the original version should start with KRNL
                      (did you run ./custom_boot.sh? this creates the boot image with that header)

Another thing: i think even with a broken boot.img i see the start image of my pipo. I do not see it if i flash a broken kernel.img - maybe thats your problem.

Comment

Re: Pipo M7pro - Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4.4) porting

here is my doc (based on cyanogen wiki)
                        Thanks, good doc!

Comment

Originally posted by fishpepper View Post
                          Have a look at the boot.img (vim)
                          Your cm and the original version should start with KRNL
                          (did you run ./custom_boot.sh? this creates the boot image with that header)

Another thing: i think even with a broken boot.img i see the start image of my pipo. I do not see it if i flash a broken kernel.img - maybe thats your problem.
                          Restart the process this morning and I 've got an error while unpacking Rom from Pipo (M8HD rom)

So kernel.img was not unpacked !

Maybe need new Tools to unpack it, because I need to get new Tools to unpack this image under Windows, old version doen't work, even the FactoryTools made by Rockchip
                          Attached Files

Comment

@stevejc, thanks for the doc

I've studied it and the difference with my steps,

I had done this additional step, not present in your instructions :
                            git clone https://github.com/fishpepper/android_device_pipo_m7pro.git

and of course my workind directory is not ~/android /system

but unluckily, I still have explicit :

raxy@raxy-K8Upgrade-760GX:~/Documents/pipoCMkitchen$ brunch m7pro

including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh

device/pipo/m7pro/device_m7pro.mk:48: device/pipo/m7pro/proprietary_files.mk: No such file or directory

make: *** No rule to make target `device/pipo/m7pro/proprietary_files.mk'. Stop.

Device m7pro not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).
                            Repository for m7pro not found in the CyanogenMod Github repository list. If this is in error, you may need to manually add it to your local_manifests/roomservice.xml.

device/pipo/m7pro/device_m7pro.mk:48: device/pipo/m7pro/proprietary_files.mk: No such file or directory
                            make: *** No rule to make target `device/pipo/m7pro/proprietary_files.mk'. Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'cm_m7pro'

** Do you have the right repo manifest?

No such item in brunch menu. Try 'breakfast'

device/pipo/m7pro/proprietary_files.mk
                            was effecttively missing after the repo -c sync;
                            but I've founf it in another folder resulting from my previous git clone; so copied it;
                            but brunch m7pro still give these errors :

ERROR: could not set PID 6694 to nice 1 - Permission denied

Is not using root the reason of this ?

Comment

go to device/pipo/m7pro after the repo sync and call
                              ./fetch_prebuilts.sh
                              This will create prop...files.mk

the nice warning: a keyword to google for is schedtool, the android build system uses it to set the priorities. It can be configured somewhere.

Regards,
                              Simon

Comment

m8hd: i found the M8HD_4.4_update_20140606.rar image here:
                                百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Comment

Working...
                                X