Pipo M7pro - Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4.4) porting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishpepper View Post
    Right now i just flash system.img and boot.img (without kernel) and i keep the kernel partition

regards
    in how many days will you have the full flashable version of it ?
    and do i need to flash in in TWRP in future ?

Comment

Hi!

Ok i just changed my build base to the latest firmware image from the manufacturer.
      Right now i am creating a script that fetches that firmware and builds cm11 with the binaries from
      that image.

At least the kernel is the same as on my tablet.

The nice thing is that my github does not need to store any binary blobs and everybody
      can recreate the build infrastructure.
      So please be patient, i hope i can finish that on the weekend

Regards,
      Simon

Comment

Hi!

Ok i just changed my build base to the latest firmware image from the manufacturer.
        Right now i am creating a script that fetches that firmware and builds cm11 with the binaries from
        that image.

At least the kernel is the same as on my tablet.

The nice thing is that my github does not need to store any binary blobs and everybody
        can recreate the build infrastructure.
        So please be patient, i hope i can finish that on the weekend

Regards,
        Simon
        ok when you have it online i will also test this on my pipo max m9 pro

but how will i flash it when you have completed the ROM
        TWRP or Rockchip batch tool or the one riley uses in his rom ?

Comment

Hi!

that image.

Randy, what do you think of this "official" firmware compared to your unofficial Chinese dev direct suppliers ?

Comment

I'm not sure what you are asking.

I only have sources for the M8HD right now...we are still playing with it.

For me, that last ROM I did is pretty stable. I am watching to see what benefits can be gained with CM.
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post

For me, that last ROM I did is pretty stable. I am watching to see what benefits can be gained with CM.
              Never mind.

What it important is to base the ROM build on a stable and fully functional kitkat kernel.
              I personally stick to rr2.7* despite all other newer ones.

Let me ask the question differently Randy : did you build your 3.4.2 from the same English firmware as in the URL below as it seems to be the latest one ?
              Tks.

Comment

Yes, that's the last official release Pipo posted.

I'm hoping to get the sources for that kernel from Pipo so we can compile our own...from the official RK SDK.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

ok, that was a step back... the latest offical rom is for 4.2.x
                  I cant even get the kernel to boot... i get nand errors on boot.

Next try: i will use the rom which the arctablet code seems to be based on:
                  Melde dich bei Facebook an, um dich mit deinen Freunden, deiner Familie und Personen, die du kennst, zu verbinden und Inhalte zu teilen.

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

regards

Comment

ok, that was a step back... the latest offical rom is for 4.2.x
                    I cant even get the kernel to boot... i get nand errors on boot.

Next try: i will use the rom which the arctablet code seems to be based on:
                    Melde dich bei Facebook an, um dich mit deinen Freunden, deiner Familie und Personen, die du kennst, zu verbinden und Inhalte zu teilen.

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

regards
                    Hi, it's the same base as RR 3.2: see here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post189584

This rom has GPS working as opposed as new RR 3.4.

I think I will try to port your wonderful job to M8HD soon

Comment

Hi,
                      I think my build factory is up an living now,
                      Yesterday and during a few hours, I was performing a "repo sync" with cm11 sources on my 24GB bohdi Linux
                      Alas, it got FS Full before the end of the sync,
                      I remember I saw the Linux machine should have 50GB size for building android
                      Could anyone confirm this?

Comment

Hi!

Yes, after a make clean my cm11 tree is 24 GB
                        The first brunch m7pro is running with the downloaded rom as a base, keep the fingers crossed!
                        (when it builds then i know in >2 hours if it works... that kind of sucks...)

Regards,
                        Simon

Comment

ok, there you go: checkout the git tree again (i removed all previous files because i dont want to host binary blobs).

There is a new script called fetch_prebuilts.sh, this will extract everything from the pipo rom (see README how to get it) and build cm11 with blobs from that file.

The status is more or less what i posted some days ago, except that i somehow messed up the audio part
                          (i guess i know which file i left out causing that, so its just a matter of testing that).

For flashing there is now a script called flash.sh. call this from out/target/product/m7pro/ where all img files are located. This file should check your tablets nand layout, but again: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

regards,
                          Simon

Comment

OK, thanks Simon,
                            Did you document in your git hub how to configure our repo to aim at your manifest ?
                            Last time I tried I could not manage that, so I turned to cm11.0 instead as you suggested.

Before I try again, I have to solve my problem of FS space

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post

A big advantage could be the fact that we can run eventually 4.4.4 and also a possible gps fix, compared to 3.4.2 Rom at the moment. Hope with your experience, you can help having CM11 on our Pipo M7pro!

Comment

I'm optimistic about this project.

Please let me know if I can help.

BTW, see that Raxy is now on our development team. He's part of the Pipo Project kernel team specializing on the M7 Pro.

I have an M7 Pro, myself...so I'm happy to do some testing.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X