• Time
  • Show
Clear All

@fishpepper,

One hurdle removed :
    after I moded call to schedtool in mka() in build/envsetup.sh,
    i can go further with brunch m7pro,

but at some point, something is forcing the use of this 64bit linux bin :
    prebuilts/tools/gcc-sdk/../../gcc/linux-x86/host/x86_64-linux-glibc2.7-4.6/bin/x86_64-linux-ar

So, where did you set the path to this file which was , I think, coming with your repo ?

tks

Comment

Ahh right i remember doing something in the make files in oder to fix this schedtool thing.
      My repo i use to build was installed more than one year ago and i did not remember that.

>prebuilts/tools/gcc-sdk/../../gcc/linux-x86/host/x86_64-linux-glibc2.7-4.6/bin/x86_64-linux-ar
      This does not come from my repos. I did never try to build on a non 64.-bit machine.
      Looks like its trying to use the gcc cross compiler toolchain in 64bit mode

Comment

Schedtool thing :
        Maybe my single core single thread and sempron old CPU was the culprit as it is unexpected in this context, anyway this no more a problem !

The 64bit glibc2 seems to have come from cyanogen repo,
        I think I have an idea to deal with it thru a manifest file I've seen.
        Tomorrow!

Thanks for your support!

edit1)
        when I append to envsetup.sh :

export TARGET_TOOLS_PREFIX=/home/raxy/Documents/pipoCMkitchen/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.7/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-

export HOST_TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX=/home/raxy/Documents/pipoCMkitchen/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.7/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-
        all my 64bit issues seem to have vanished ! my brunch command is going farther now, and I must wait for I guess a few hours (all night long !) to see its end

edit2)
        the morning after, I get error related to ld being killed because it consumed too much memory (including swap);
        so I setup a third linuxbox wwith twice the ram, more swap, more cores and much more disk space,
        then I duplicated all the good steps I've done on the previous host,
        now it's "brunching"... more news tomorrow !

Edit3)
        Brunch still gave 64bit errors on stronger Linux machine,
        So finally decided to switch to 64bit install, but keep bodhi 3.0 (installed its 64bit distro)
        Other and new issues: even repo sync of cm11 begun to fail, tried stable/cm-11.0 then cm11.0 but could not complete the sync in one pass.
        After a few passes, I had no more errors, but brunch still could not get thru without errors.
        Have no other ideas of what to try next,
        It could end up with a fifth install from scratch all over again...
        I'm really pi*sed off...
        Last edited by raxy; 11-16-2014, 19:02.

Comment

Simon,
          what do you think of this new battle plan to learn to build cm11 first by building it for a much simpler context:
          I have a nexus s phone (under cm11 since yesterday) and i get its full cm11 sources from somewhere, then i try to rebuild the complete crespo cm11 for it myself ,
          If i suceed, my linux and tools are validated and i get more experience of the tools and the whole cm paradigm,
          only after that, i will try to face the more difficult situation of building cm11 for not a non officially supported device,

Do you all think this path is easier and more success prone ?
          Tks.

Comment

GPS

I don't know if this will help, but concerning the GPS problems, there needs to be a gps.conf file that does not come with CM11 ROM's. There is an app called TopNTP that will generate the correct files and can be configured, but I would suggest to keep the top 4 options the way they are. If you want to use just the internal gps, there is a "default agps enable" set that to false. after rebooting use another app that can load the agps info like "satstat" (you need wifi to load the agps info). then turn off wifi, and test your gps (you can use satstat for that too).

Comment

I have portet this project to m9pro. ROMworks gold. But i habe BT and GPS isuse too.
              I want to habe Volume keys in navbar, any suggest

Comment

Originally posted by Matador View Post
                I have portet this project to m9pro. ROMworks gold. But i habe BT and GPS isuse too.
                I want to habe Volume keys in navbar, any suggest
                Great news!
                Did you extract blobs from a fully bt and gps functionning donor ROM ?
                I ve used an app to add vol control in notif bar but it was not convenient. Else i use a slimkat flavor rom called autodroid on my nexus 7 and it has a customisable nav bar with vol buttons. What about a personal tuto for the other m9p owner to join you in your quest ?

Comment

Hi,
                  I made my first build with original 20140504 und now i'm building with Kasty's 20140504.

I have modified fishpeppers scripts to run with these Roms.

My build Time will about 5 to 6 Hours.

The Audio and Video isues in fishppepers Version I have too, but I modified some more scripts now, so I'm hopping an a better one this time.

(Sorry for my bad english, i am from Germany and school is long time ago)

Comment

Sehr gut !

please let us know how you try to fix your GPS issue and your results...
                    I understand that each fix+rebuild cycle takes up to 6 hours before you can test, so I guess one tentative per day is expected at best.

Comment

Sorry, today build has same isues.

Now, i have to read many thinks.

I think its not so easy to get all thinks work.

Comment

Netlars from crewrktablets on arctablet has made some cm and omni for rk3188.
                        I think we can use his git to correct our Rom, but he uses old 4.2 kernel and loader 1.? for his roms.
                        At the moment i am too busy to do something on the Rom, but i will continue development.
                        Last edited by Matador; 01-11-2015, 21:08.

Comment

ok,
                          until now, I've never seen published source codes for CM11 on RK31 tablet yet...

Comment

OK, here is the link to arctablet: https://crewrktablets.arctablet.com:...ublic/projects

I needed some time too to find these sources, course they are not at github.

Comment

matador,

I suggest you sent a PM to rriley to have access to the M9pro SDK (inc kernel source tree),
                              I think this could help you build at fully working CM11 ROM for your tablet

Comment

I 'm trying to port for my PIPO M9pro and I have just one problem with the internal memory :
                                /dev 765.0M 140.0K 764.9M 4096
                                /sys/fs/cgroup 765.0M 0.0K 765.0M 4096
                                /mnt/asec 765.0M 0.0K 765.0M 4096
                                /mnt/obb 765.0M 0.0K 765.0M 4096
                                /mnt/fuse 765.0M 0.0K 765.0M 4096
                                /system 755.9M 351.9M 404.0M 4096
                                /cache 126.0M 4.1M 121.9M 4096
                                /metadata 3.7M 1.0M 2.7M 1024
                                /data 7.9G 213.3M 7.7G 4096
                                /storage/emulated 21.0G 1.4M 21.0G 16384
                                /mnt/shell/emulated 21.0G 1.4M 21.0G 16384
                                /storage/emulated/legacy 21.0G 1.4M 21.0G 16384
                                /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1 27.2G 24.3G 2.9G 4096
                                /storage/sdcard1 27.2G 24.3G 2.9G 4096

I think I have a wrong link because I can't show the correct memory use in settings/storage : I have only internal storage with 7,8Go et sdcard storage with the good size
                                An idear?

Comment

Working...
                                X