Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
    You are now on Android 7, with the help of TWRP make backup.
    Install the new software Android 9, do not like it, install the Android version 7 and restore the backup using the TWRP
    Attention! TVRP only for android 7!

    https://mega.nz/#!1vpDSYLI!Ne0CgN02C...-rDHYjuXIoFY0c
    Hi again, sorry to keep bothering you, can you please kindly guide me how to do the TWRP backup from my TX6 android 7???
    I've downloaded your zip file and put it on the root of my flash drive (not SDcard) and plug it in on USB 3.0 port (near antenna) while the device is unplugged, press the reset pinhole and plug the power in. It booted to Android Recovery sceen (The top options are "Reboot system now" and "Reboot to bootloader"), but there is no backup option (I believe this isnt how TWRP should looks like.

    Please help, thanks..

    Comment


      Originally posted by SoteR2110 View Post

      Hi again, sorry to keep bothering you, can you please kindly guide me how to do the TWRP backup from my TX6 android 7???
      I've downloaded your zip file and put it on the root of my flash drive (not SDcard) and plug it in on USB 3.0 port (near antenna) while the device is unplugged, press the reset pinhole and plug the power in. It booted to Android Recovery sceen (The top options are "Reboot system now" and "Reboot to bootloader"), but there is no backup option (I believe this isnt how TWRP should looks like.
      Please help, thanks..
      1. Log in to the recovery
      2. Click - Apply update from EXT
      3. In the window that opens, see your file TWRP.zip - run it!
      4. you are already in TWRP - select a language and drag your finger (mouse needed)
      further understandable

      Click image for larger version  Name:	recov.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.2 KB ID:	776866

      Comment


        Works like a charm! Thank you!!

        Another thing, i've been following the posts from this thread and still confused with the update-jumps from this to there and many versions of it...which updates need I go through from android 7 (22 Dec 2018) to the most stable running android 9 in your opinion? (I've read on your post on page 26 it is the 20190506 or 20190507)
        I've read that i need to go to 201902xx then OTA, then another update again.

        And if so, where (in what page of the thread) can I download those update links.

        Thank you in advance!!

        Comment


          Originally posted by SoteR2110 View Post
          Works like a charm! Thank you!!

          Another thing, i've been following the posts from this thread and still confused with the update-jumps from this to there and many versions of it...which updates need I go through from android 7 (22 Dec 2018) to the most stable running android 9 in your opinion? (I've read on your post on page 26 it is the 20190506 or 20190507)
          I've read that i need to go to 201902xx then OTA, then another update again.
          And if so, where (in what page of the thread) can I download those update links.Thank you in advance!!
          see the table - all the chains are perfectly visible
          Do you want to 0506 or 0507 - immediately install through img - I recommend 0507
          Click image for larger version  Name:	firmware TX6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.9 KB ID:	776870

          Comment


            Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
            see the table - all the chains are perfectly visible
            Do you want to 0506 or 0507 - immediately install through img - I recommend 0507
            Click image for larger version Name:	firmware TX6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.9 KB ID:	776870
            sorry, just need to make things clear,

            so directly 20181222->20190507 ?
            or 20181222->20190228->20190323->20190403->20190419->20190507

            I'm using 4+32

            Comment


              Originally posted by SoteR2110 View Post
              sorry, just need to make things clear,
              so directly 20181222->20190507 ?
              or 20181222->20190228->20190323->20190403->20190419->20190507
              I'm using 4+32
              )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
              It is impossible to go through OTA from 7 to 9 - only through img !
              or 20190228->20190323->20190403->20190419 - everything ! - You can start with any firmware from the chain
              or immediately 0507
              I'm using 4+32 - and installed software 0615 - no problem

              Comment


                Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
                )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
                It is impossible to go through OTA from 7 to 9 - only through img !
                or 20190228->20190323->20190403->20190419 - everything ! - You can start with any firmware from the chain
                or immediately 0507
                I'm using 4+32 - and installed software 0615 - no problem
                That means I need to flash it with PhoenixSuite V1.10? Because I can't connect it to my PC. I've tried this step:

                1.unplug all cables from TX6
                2.open Phoenix suite, go to firmware Tab, open TX6_H6_4Gddr_8822bs_20190228.img
                3.tick "download one or mult partition", and tick "select all"
                4. press and hold the reset/power button through the ventilation grill near SDcard, then plug the USB male-to-male to the back USB 2.0 near ethernet port
                5. Nothing happens, I tried to click on upgrade button, it said "No Device Attached!"

                did I do something wrong?

                Comment


                  you need to install the drivers

                  Comment


                    you need to install the drivers

                    Comment


                      Apparently I just need to plug it to the bottom USB slot on the device, not the top one, so stupid of me. It worked, I have installed 20190228 and it turns out to solve all my problems!!!! (so far)...

                      the UI and Alice UX works fluidly and snappy. I can play 1080p without any stuttering and sound cracking noise, even in Kodi 18.2 Leia with dirty regions still turned on!!. The only difference I felt (and slightly bugging me) is how my keyboard works differently on android 9 UI now, Esc button cannot be used in most apps to exit anymore, etc. But overall I'm pretty satisfied with 0228.

                      I will try to upgrade to 0507 as you suggested. Thank you for your help!!

                      Comment


                        0228 ? did not update on ota?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
                          0228 ? did not update on ota?
                          Yeah, it has an OTA update but it doesn't show TO WHAT version the update is, only 'minor fixes and Kodi 18.1", so I think it is risky for me to update OTA, I'm afraid I will get 0508 through that OTA update. Even though Kodi 18.0 was included in 0228, I was able to uninstall it through settings and install the latest 18.2 Leia through playstore.

                          Is there anything wrong with update 0228 that I should aware of?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by SoteR2110 View Post
                            Yeah, it has an OTA update but it doesn't show TO WHAT version the update is, only 'minor fixes and Kodi 18.1", so I think it is risky for me to update OTA, I'm afraid I will get 0508 through that OTA update. Even though Kodi 18.0 was included in 0228, I was able to uninstall it through settings and install the latest 18.2 Leia through playstore.
                            Is there anything wrong with update 0228 that I should aware of?
                            Why do you think programmers make new updates?
                            I have no words ...
                            In the latest versions of the software, the sound problem has been fixed, the upper and lower status lines have been added, reduced temperature, etc.
                            And you are all afraid of something incomprehensible ...
                            Last edited by Hikvision; 06-26-2019, 23:58.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
                              Why do you think programmers make new updates?
                              I have no words ...
                              In the latest versions of the software, the sound problem has been fixed, the upper and lower status lines have been added, reduced temperature, etc.
                              And you are all afraid of something incomprehensible ...
                              Okay, I will look into it, thank you for your help

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by SoteR2110 View Post
                                Okay, I will look into it, thank you for your help
                                I understand you installed 0228 with the boot animation "balls"?

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	911
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	776942

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X