Finless 2.0a ROM for the Minix X8/X8-H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finless 2.0a ROM for the Minix X8/X8-H

OK folks with the Official release of 002a from Minix, I needed to update my 2.0 ROM to the new 2.0a kernel system. There were issues with 002 from Minix like CPU1 running 100% and some other things.

This ROM is the same changes as my 2.0 ROM but now with 002a as the base.

This package contains the ROM and a lot of other goodies I always supplied in my tweaker kits. So now you get a full ROM and some patchers for doing other changes I did not want in the ROM itself. See the readme.txt as always or read the features listed below.

Enjoy!

Features of my Finless ROM 2.0a

1) This erases NAND /data so YES you lose all data! Sorry I must do this for clean up!
    After much testing and making the changes I have, I must erase as the crap left over is not good to have! To make sure you have the best experience with my ROM, it must be erased. So sorry BACK UP your stuff please...

2) It roots the ROM properly.
    Let me tell you Rooting on Kitkat in the ROM itself gets harder all the time to do it correctly and not using scripts! Once again due to changes with SuperUser and SU with SELinux, it was more difficult to root the ROM so it did not need to update the SU binary on firt boot! Enjoy...

3) It debloats the ROM of all those pre-installed APPS. This includes Airplay and Minix XBMC!
    The reason I removed them is because Minix XBMC may still have bugs and some don't use airplay at all. I have given you those two APPs in a folder called Removed_Apps in this Zip so you can install them yourself if you like. The other APPs I removed you can get from Google Play. They will be updated versions anyway. Minix in my opinion should not be pre-installing old versions of APPs. It just makes a mess of a new flashed system.

4) I removed useless system apps.

5) I updated what APPs are left including Google Play and all the Google framework.
    As of this release, everything is updated so when you logon to Google Play nothing needs updating.

6) Installs a cleaned up the AOSP launcher and puts more useful things in the doc bar.

7) I give you a TWRP recovery! Yes this flashes a TWRP recovery to NAND.
    However, understand how recovery works.
    If you put a recovery.img on External SDcard the box will boot that recovery instead of TWRP in NAND.
    In this package I give you a stock recovery flasher. This ZIP will install the stock recovery to NAND if you don't want TWRP.
    Or you can open this zip and you will see recovery.img.
    Just copy that out and put it on SDcard anytime you want to use the stock recovery instead of TWRP.
    See the README in the recovery folder for more details.

8) I set the default settings to allow non-market APPs.
    Now when you go to install a APK you wont be forced to go into settings and turn that on. I personally hate that

9) I unlocked the hard coded device ID in boot.img. You can now spoof different devices editing build.prop. REMEMBER THOUGH, if you spoof something other than a NEO-X8 or NEO-X8-H, Minix XBMC will not work. In the ROM I left the device as a NEO-X8-H but I also give you build.nexus which you can use if you like. Just use EX File Explorer, turn on root, set system as mounted RW and rename these as you please.
    But see below for an easy way

10) I give you build.prop spoofer ZIP updates in this download!
    One will switch build.prop to emulate a Nexus 10.
    The other one will switch you back to a NEO-X8-H.
    You can use these back and forth and they do not erase anything!
    Please note: You may want to clear the cache and data on the Google Play Store, Google Play Services after switching!
    To do this, go into settings/apps scroll over to ALL and click on each and clear cache and data.
    You know you did it right if the next time you run Google Play it asks you to accept terms.

11) Minix unlocked the low CPU frequency scaling and the governor type.
    Thus my old CPU Fix patches are no longer needed as you can now use CPU control APPs.
    However I did find something that could be better tweaked for CPU control and that is default and max CPU scaling.
    So I supply you with one CPU patcher to fix those and allow them to "stick" when set.
    See the README in that folder for what it is and does and how to use them!

12) Did a little "theming" this time. Hope you like it. Also Themed the Metro launcher
    13) Other tweaks and mods I do for my ROMs.
    14) Updated the boot logo to show if your booting up in 1080 or 720.

DO NOT just copy this download ZIP to SDcard and expect it to work!
    UNZIP it and read the README for instructions!

ROM -> Minix Neo X8 - Finless 2.0a ROM (456 megs)

Enjoy!
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

a big thank you bob

Comment

Yes, many thanks for your efforts Bob.

Seasons Greetings to you and your family.

Comment

So coming from your 2.0 rom, there is no way to update without erasing all data?

Comment

Does Titanium Backup work with these devices? Suppose I could just go check...

Comment

Thank you once more for a great piece of work.

Comment

Originally posted by J_MaC View Post
              Does Titanium Backup work with these devices? Suppose I could just go check...
              Works fine for me, as does Finless new firmware.

Comment

Is Kodi RC3 good with this rom??
                Can anyone test if it is?
                Don´t work with stock firmware for me.

Comment

Nice job Finless))) This one working well aswell.
                  Is it possible to upgrade x264codec? Do you now any apk. for minix X8h?

Comment

Originally posted by brenas25 View Post
                    Nice job Finless))) This one working well aswell.
                    Is it possible to upgrade x264codec? Do you now any apk. for minix X8h?
                    Not possible! The x264 thing is S805 CPU only! There maybe a codec for software decode of that but only the S805 can hardware decode x264.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hi

Hi and thanks for this great rom.
                      I have a little problem.

I restarted the minix and lost my ethernet connection.
                      It says to plug a cable but a cable is already pluged...

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        Not possible! The x264 thing is S805 CPU only! There maybe a codec for software decode of that but only the S805 can hardware decode x264.

Bob
                        I think you mean H.265, but I don't know what brenas25 want to update if he wrote "is it possible to upgrade x264codec? Do you now any apk. for minix X8h?" ...
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I would like to update codec for online streaming XMBC( H264 i suposed),if it possible.

Comment

Originally posted by strix View Post
                            Is Kodi RC3 good with this rom??
                            Can anyone test if it is?
                            Don´t work with stock firmware for me.
                            Works fine for me.

Comment

Hello all

I still have this problem with ethernet unrecognized.
                              And more: I cannot connect to my wifi connection, "failed to connect" with the wpa password...

A fresh re-install should be necessary ?

(sorry for my bad english, I'm french)

Comment

Working...
                              X