No announcement yet.

Finless 2.0a ROM for the Minix X8/X8-H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you by accident Flashed the plus fw?, In that case download the 02a for the x8-h non plus.

Comment

No, I flashed the good fw, for x8h, the 2.0a.
      After first boot, ethernet connection was ok.

But after a restart of the minix, no more connection, ethernet or wifi...

EDIT: one more thing... With this rom custom, the Google Play doesn't recognize my purchased apps.
      I can't install them, google asks me to pay for those.

Comment

Do a complete factory re-set after install

Comment

So, you think I should make a new fresh install.
          ANd after, to do a factory reset. I do it from extra settings, right ?

Comment

Originally posted by brenas25 View Post
            I would like to update codec for online streaming XMBC( H264 i suposed),if it possible.
            No, not really, because the codecs (especially because of hw-decoding) are a part of the SDK which is used to build the fw...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thank you for reply -no_spam_for_me-

I know that new Minix x8hPLUS has been realised with a H265/HEVC hardware decoding support.Is means that video in online streaming HD will be a much better/cleaner than in H264.

Comment

I'm back

So, I still have this problem with internet connection.
                Ethernet cable isn't recognized and wifi connection fails.

I re-installed the rom and made a factory reset...
                But still no network connection...

Comment

Originally posted by johndugarden View Post
                  I'm back

So, I still have this problem with internet connection.
                  Ethernet cable isn't recognized and wifi connection fails.

I re-installed the rom and made a factory reset...
                  But still no network connection...
                  Is your router showing an active connection light when you plug the minix box into it? Have you tried another port/cable?

Comment

Last edited by WangChung; 06-15-2017, 02:48.

Comment

@ WangChung

thanks for your reply.
                      I tried the same solution before reading your post and it works...
                      The ethernet cable was out.
                      Once I replaced it, everything's ok !

Comment

Thanks for ROM...

Have 2 questions :

1. Can the display icons/size be smaller? Its way toooo big on FullHD Projector

2. Any way how to map NAS share so all apps can see the drive? Not only Es Explorer or Total Commander

Thanks
                        Android devices: Minix X7 (gone) , Minix X8-H , MK808b Plus
                        Video Out: Benq W1000+ 1080p Projector
                        Audio Out: HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467B + 5.1 Yamaha Speakers
                        Remote: Rikomagic MK702 II, Minix NEO M1
                        Storage: NAS Zyxel NSA325v2

Comment

So, after copious quantities of Chinese red wine, turkey and sprouts, I have a couple of questions.

1) Minix have now enabled their FOTA update system. What are the implications of using this from Finless 2a firmware? (I see there is a new update app on the screen). Will it simply replace Finless firmware with Minix, will it fail safely, or will it brick the box?

2) Does anyone know if it is possible to sync two air mouses (M1 & A2) to the same wifi dongle at the same time, rather than needing two dongles to be plugged in?

Comment

Thank you soooo much

This is awesome. I just flashed this rom and found out that Google plus now loads and runs great with this rom. Thank you Sir for another masterpiece.
                            This is defiantly donation worthy as is all of your work. I will be be sendinding you something this week.
                            Thank you again.

Comment

I'm guessing that we're not supposed to take the FOTA update that minix is trying to push through?

Comment

Why not? I have and you can flash over it if you want. It worked fine for me. Of course I can't promise it will for everyone.....

Comment

Working...
                                X